Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia

Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia

Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 8:26pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,375

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We have quite a bit of Cyberverse news to get through. Firstly, below you will find video reviews from Chuckdawg for the following figures:

Battle Call Officer Class Bumblebee

1 step Cybertronian Megatron

Ultra Class Skullcruncher

Those are all below but before we get to them we also have some sightings. Officer Class Bumblebee (the giant one that has a face that looks like Gypsy Danger) was found at Canadian Walmarts. In Australia, the Warrior Starscream/Hammerbyte wave was found at Toyworld, a toy store with not too many locations, that also got their hands on the exclusive Slipstream figure. That came from Ozformers on Facebook and they also posted that Ultra Class Thunderhowl was found at BigW.

Transformers News: Cyberverse Review Round Up plus New Sightings in Canada and Australia

Transformers News: Cyberverse Review Round Up plus New Sightings in Canada and Australia

Transformers News: Cyberverse Review Round Up plus New Sightings in Canada and Australia

Transformers News: Cyberverse Review Round Up plus New Sightings in Canada and Australia


chuckdawg1999 wrote:Battle Call Officer Class Bumblebee is a complex figure, kids will like it for a while until the same sound clips bore them, but not until it drives parents nuts. Transformation is relatively simple, just make sure the panels line up, and vehicle mode unlocks more lights and sounds, but you'll miss the lights since the chest faces down. There isn't any cross-play with the Trooper Class which is a shame, the Trooper sized figures are now that much harder to recommend. Overall, at the price point, I just can't recommend buying the figure.




chuckdawg1999 wrote:We all know the deal with 1-step figures so I won't go through it again. Megatron is fun and a great representation of its Cybertron design. As always I appreciate how Hasbro has been able to work an action feature into such a small and simple figure.




chuckdawg1999 wrote:When first revealed some months ago Skullcruncher was a pleasant surprise, then nothing; no leaked in-hand images, no early reviews, nothing. So it was a pleasant surprise when the figure showed up in-stock on Amazon. The figure really doesn't disappoint, transformation is fun and the armor gimmick is one of the best I've seen. If you're a fan of the Cyberverse line this is a definite pick up, for those who might want to try something new with their Transformers, give this figure a shot too.


This article was last modified on Friday, October 16th, 2020 7:31pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia (2083945)
Posted by william-james88 on October 14th, 2020 @ 9:46pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:So Thunderhowl then, this toy isn't really good. The best part about this toy is the transformation, it's great, but neither resting mode is particularly good. The Ultra class figure is the better Thunderhowl, no doubt in my mind.

And of the deluxes, I think Bumblebee ended up being the best one. I'd rank them:

1) Bumblebee
2) Grimlock
3) Arcee
4) Optimus Prime
5) Hot Rod
6) Megatron
7) Thunderhowl
8) Shockwave


Wow, I thought you liked Shockwave. I havent come up with my list but I know that my number 1 is Bumblebee and the one I like least is Hot Rod. I like Arcee a lot too, she's just so cute all around and wonderfully show accurate, right size too.

I know we have another line of Cyberverse deluxe class toys coming out since the line and the show are not over after all. But so far, the contenders for a top 5 list for me would be, Deluxe Bumblebee and Arcee, Ultimate Grimlock, Ultra Thunderhowl and Warrior Hammerbyte.
Re: Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia (2083963)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:13am CDT
I love the engineering on Thunderhowl, but I think there's just too much going on for a Cyberverse figure compared to a Generations deluxe. Mine has little issues I haven't experienced in that line: for example, the wolf jaw is prone to falling out. I also wish the blast effect didn't have a unique port. You can use it on his sword or mouth, but not on any other figure, as far as I can tell. He looks good in both modes and has good poseability, so even with my complaints he's probably the best of the Cyberverse Deluxe line. I just can't help but think he would be a better fit as a Generations build.
Re: Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia (2083964)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 15th, 2020 @ 1:15am CDT
I also don't have the Ultra class figure so I can't compare. I don't doubt it's better, as I've really enjoyed others in that class like Clobber and Rack 'n Ruin.
Re: Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia (2083972)
Posted by PerfectVision on October 15th, 2020 @ 5:02am CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I love the engineering on Thunderhowl, but I think there's just too much going on for a Cyberverse figure compared to a Generations deluxe. Mine has little issues I haven't experienced in that line: for example, the wolf jaw is prone to falling out. I also wish the blast effect didn't have a unique port. You can use it on his sword or mouth, but not on any other figure, as far as I can tell. He looks good in both modes and has good poseability, so even with my complaints he's probably the best of the Cyberverse Deluxe line. I just can't help but think he would be a better fit as a Generations build.


Earlier,i said this:

"Some display advice for Dreadwing BH:his epaulettes and wings should be painted in black,don't open them.

Thunderhowl is basically a beasty version of Skyququake."

He's simpler than a PRIME figure,like if he has been delayed for very long.
And there is Thundertron who is a lion out of nowhere.
Re: Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia (2083974)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 15th, 2020 @ 7:01am CDT
From looks alone, Ultra Thunderhowl is the clear winner. In both modes. Deluxe pose better, but my money would be on the Ultra.
Re: Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia (2083977)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 15th, 2020 @ 7:20am CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I also don't have the Ultra class figure so I can't compare. I don't doubt it's better, as I've really enjoyed others in that class like Clobber and Rack 'n Ruin.

The funny thing is, thanks to the way they both transform and share limbs between modes, the only way the new deluxe is more posable is his head can rotate a little bit while the ultras head cannot rotate at all. But the ultra also has a movable cape and full range of leg movement with nothing to impede it going in either direction, so it sort of makes up for no head movement with unrestricted legs. It even has all the swivels and the wrist as well. Neither have waists.
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:So Thunderhowl then, this toy isn't really good. The best part about this toy is the transformation, it's great, but neither resting mode is particularly good. The Ultra class figure is the better Thunderhowl, no doubt in my mind.

And of the deluxes, I think Bumblebee ended up being the best one. I'd rank them:

1) Bumblebee
2) Grimlock
3) Arcee
4) Optimus Prime
5) Hot Rod
6) Megatron
7) Thunderhowl
8) Shockwave

Wow, I thought you liked Shockwave. I havent come up with my list but I know that my number 1 is Bumblebee and the one I like least is Hot Rod. I like Arcee a lot too, she's just so cute all around and wonderfully show accurate, right size too.

I know we have another line of Cyberverse deluxe class toys coming out since the line and the show are not over after all. But so far, the contenders for a top 5 list for me would be, Deluxe Bumblebee and Arcee, Ultimate Grimlock, Ultra Thunderhowl and Warrior Hammerbyte.

No, I always found shockwave to be mediocre at best. And his tube thingy is just a royal pain to work with.

I still like Hot Rod, his main weakness was utter lack of paint. Megatron's sort of wonky arms and occasional legs giving out/falling off put him below Hot Rod.

Top 5 of the line so far for me would include deluxe Bee, ultimate Grimlock, ultra Rack n' Ruin, BAF Maccadam, and 1-step Whirl.
Re: Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia (2083986)
Posted by william-james88 on October 15th, 2020 @ 8:28am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Top 5 of the line so far for me would include deluxe Bee, ultimate Grimlock, ultra Rack n' Ruin, BAF Maccadam, and 1-step Whirl.


You find one step Whirl better than Hammerbyte?
Re: Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia (2083987)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 15th, 2020 @ 8:32am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Top 5 of the line so far for me would include deluxe Bee, ultimate Grimlock, ultra Rack n' Ruin, BAF Maccadam, and 1-step Whirl.


You find one step Whirl better than Hammerbyte?

I do, I think he is better, though Hammerbyte is a really good figure, but I'm not sure I could accept him knocking anyone out of that top 5 except maybe Rack n' Ruin, but that's also both a good figure and a long awaited one
Re: Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia (2084071)
Posted by Burn on October 15th, 2020 @ 4:13pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:In Australia, the Warrior Starscream/Hammerbyte wave was found at Toyworld, which is a more collector oriented store

Toyworld is not collector oriented. They're a plain ol toy store franchise but are limited in number throughout the country, far from collector oriented.
Re: Cyberverse Review Round Up + New Sightings in Canada and Australia (2084294)
Posted by william-james88 on October 16th, 2020 @ 7:30pm CDT
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:In Australia, the Warrior Starscream/Hammerbyte wave was found at Toyworld, which is a more collector oriented store

Toyworld is not collector oriented. They're a plain ol toy store franchise but are limited in number throughout the country, far from collector oriented.


I see, thanks.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
Twincast / Podcast #262:
"Generational Taxonomy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S37 Brunt Weaponizer" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Power Of The Primes Elita-1 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dotm megatron incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES MPM-06 AUTOBOT IRONHIDE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 (shelf-wear)" on EBAY