Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy!

Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy!

Sunday, February 28th, 2010 3:38pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 27,111

Member Methusalen has let us know that sources within Dairyland have just revealed new information and pictures for the upcoming Dairycon 2010 Convention:

Pretender Convoy!

"Following PRETENDER CONVOY on a mission to Earth, MINERVA joins TICKER and UNCLE WHISKEY BREATH against (secret character) in their BATTLE FOR BREW CITY. Will the RETURN OF CONVOY be enough to turn the tide of battle?"

Pretender Convoy is the "Lucky Draw Raffle Item" in the 'Return of Convoy' assortment for Dairycon 2010. As such, the *ONLY* way to get your hands on Pretender Convoy is to win him in one of the raffles! Further investigation reveals a detailed bio on the site, indicating that Pretender Convoy is the 'Dairycon Supreme Commander'!
Want a little more backstory on Pretender Convoy? Check out the first part of the "Return of Convoy" fanfic that has been posted for your reading pleasure!

One final tidbit: "If you think the shell is inspired, wait until you see the inner robot."

This information follows on the recent reveal of the 'Battle for Brew City' assortment, which contained Ticker and Uncle Whiskey Breath, and the earlier reveal of the 'Return of Convoy' assortment, which contained another memorable character in the form of Minerva! So that's at least two assortments, and at least *five* characters that we know about so far! Plus the 10th Anniversary book!

BATTLE FOR BREW CITY assortment:
-Ticker (regular Raffle item)
-Uncle Whiskey Breath (regular Raffle item)

RETURN OF CONVOY assortment:
-Minerva (PreReg exclusive)
-Pretender Convoy (LuckyDraw Exclusive)

DAIRYCON: 10 YEARS (hardcover book)
-History of Dairycon's 10 Years -The Ultimate Guide!

All that and we still have more to come in the way of a Limited Raffle Item, Commander Class Accessory Packs, and the Inner Bot to the Pretender Shell revealed today!

And, as always; you can PreRegister for Dairycon here:
DTF, The Dairyland Transfan Association
But hurry, as PREREGISTRATION ENDS MARCH 1st!

Credit(s): Methusalen, DairyCon

Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050625)
Posted by Mkall on February 28th, 2010 @ 3:40pm CST
Thanks for the heads up Meth.

I love the Peter Cullan homage.
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050627)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 28th, 2010 @ 3:46pm CST
:shock: ZOMG! Must have Pretender Peter Cullen!
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050630)
Posted by Chaoslock on February 28th, 2010 @ 3:54pm CST
Dairycon exclusives get more and more awesome! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050636)
Posted by PhunkJunkion on February 28th, 2010 @ 4:36pm CST
Peter Cullen or Burt Reynolds? I can't decide.
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050650)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on February 28th, 2010 @ 5:12pm CST
PhunkJunkion wrote:Peter Cullen or Burt Reynolds? I can't decide.

I say a bit of both.

No...I take that back. Reynolds stole Cullen's hat...

Pretty cool though. Wish I could get this.
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050667)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 28th, 2010 @ 5:56pm CST
I MUST HAVE THIS.
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050681)
Posted by Elita One on February 28th, 2010 @ 7:05pm CST
OMFG. You know TF fans have gone too far when they make action figs that resemble the voice actors who voiced them. :lol: Still is a cool looking figure, no doubt I expect Cullen to receive one soon.
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050690)
Posted by Delicon on February 28th, 2010 @ 7:17pm CST
ME WANTY!

Fender Bender, can you acquire/steal one for me please?
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050694)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 28th, 2010 @ 7:34pm CST
Anyone know which Pretender figure the mold was based on?

I was looking through galleries and couldn't find it.
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050697)
Posted by Nujevad on February 28th, 2010 @ 7:43pm CST
It's based on the Pretender Bumblebee shell.
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050712)
Posted by joevill on February 28th, 2010 @ 8:46pm CST
:lol:
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050721)
Posted by Methusalen on February 28th, 2010 @ 9:00pm CST
A lot a of difference a bit of paint and a new hat can do, eh?
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050725)
Posted by Bed Bugs on February 28th, 2010 @ 9:08pm CST
Delicon wrote:ME WANTY!

Fender Bender, can you acquire/steal one for me please?

I'll be lucky if I get one! ROFLMAO

Only a couple of these get made since they are "Lucky Draw". I'm just glad I won Pretender Motormaster and Toiletbot last year, lol.
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050732)
Posted by Methusalen on February 28th, 2010 @ 9:45pm CST
Fender Bender wrote:I'll be lucky if I get one! ROFLMAO

Fender, if you win the entire set again, I'm crying foul, finding a MISB ROTF Bludgeon, and bashing your skull in with him... :D :grin: :P
I am *still* envious of you winning those buggers... =P~
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050736)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on February 28th, 2010 @ 10:10pm CST
his buldge is scale with Cullen or Magnum P.I.
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050740)
Posted by Methusalen on February 28th, 2010 @ 10:33pm CST
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:his buldge is scale with Cullen or Magnum P.I.

It's gotta be the moustache!
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050775)
Posted by No One on March 1st, 2010 @ 4:30am CST
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050841)
Posted by Methusalen on March 1st, 2010 @ 12:09pm CST

-A little off topic, and I don't know if you recall this; but I used to chat with you a little over on Facebook a few years back. I was curious to know if Teletran-1 was up and running.
Also, if you're up for it, I might recommend bringing your custom Slayer RID Prime figure for the Art Contest! -Even if you didn't bring it to enter into the contest, I'd love to see it! It's a really memorable custom!
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1050856)
Posted by Bed Bugs on March 1st, 2010 @ 1:06pm CST
MR Optimus Prime wrote:Just registered last night, we will be there. Saw the SPOT custom, NICE. Did that Armorhide fig fit in the Motormaster shell? Or was something else inside?

INDEED IT DOES! :D It doesn't fit perfectly in robot or vehicle mode, but with a partial transformation (extending the legs from vehicle mode) does make the figure fit inside. Glad to hear that you're coming Optimus! :D
Re: Dairycon 2010 Lucky Draw: Pretender Convoy! (1051123)
Posted by No One on March 2nd, 2010 @ 8:20am CST
Methusalen wrote:I believe that the "Armorhide" figure fit within the Pretender shell, but cannot tell you that with 100% certainty. I have asked Fender Bender to answer that question for you Optimus.

EVERYONE get at me on Facebook.

Teletraan-1.com is 80% complete.

The Slayer Prime went to someone who lost all their belongings in Katrina.

I WANT PRETENDER CONVOY !!!

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Air Raid SEALED CW G1 Generations Superion Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY