Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers

Transformers News: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers

Friday, May 20th, 2011 9:08am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 65,311

Did your Crankcase lose a few fingers? Afraid to buy the figure because of the reported damage? Worry no more! Fellow Seibertron.com member Galvatron X has done the legwork to assemble a list of product codes and the likelihood that Crankcase is damaged.

Galvatron X wrote:Because I'm a nerd, I've tallied up all the codes and "finger status" for Crankcase. These are from my own purchases, Seibertron posts and from another site. Nothing statistically definite, just a running total. 03651 looks pretty good. I've opened 2 now with that number and the fingers are intact.

Happy hunting, and post your codes and results (Intact, Cut) here!

03651 - 7 Intact, 0 Cut
10131 - 4 Intact, 0 Cut (2 in Canada)
10191 - 1 Intact (Scotland)
10531 - 3 Intact, 1 Cut
10561 - 4 Intact, 2 Cut
10601 - 3 Intact, 14 Cut
10801 - 0 Intact, 1 Cut

While it appears the product code will help you select an undamaged Crankcase, the codes cannot be taken as a guarantee. Good luck and good hunting!

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Dark of the Moon resource!

Credit(s): Galvatron X

This article was last modified on Friday, May 20th, 2011 10:22am CDT

Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225723)
Posted by sentinelprime1234 on May 20th, 2011 @ 9:19am CDT
I was lucky to find out that mine had his fingers
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225740)
Posted by Rated X on May 20th, 2011 @ 9:38am CDT
Mine was code 10531. The middle fingers were both clipped. I think this was done on purpose probally because they didnt have time to create a new mold and wanted the fingers to be proportioned. The long finger was probally an error in the mold. Or maybe its just the american version being politically correct. (F***in Bastards) What do you want for $9.99 ???

I only bought this guy cause he is a blatant homage to the Predator. Thats gangsta. :CON:
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225781)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 20th, 2011 @ 10:56am CDT
Every Crankcase I have seen has been 10601.
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225785)
Posted by LiKwid on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:01am CDT
Bush leauge if you ask me.. I didn't even notice anything until I read this thread.. Ole Boys whole hand is lopped off..Come on, it's not like hasbro hasn't found more ingenious ways to give us the finger right?

I got mine at a San antonio traget 10601.. Only his thumb survived...
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225789)
Posted by darkjedi187 on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:13am CDT
I grabbed the last 10601 from target ne ohio and from the top down view it looks like the finger is still intact. Can anyone else confirm you can see it looking from the top of the packaging?
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225792)
Posted by TimothyR on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:16am CDT
i just picked up a 03641. hopefully since the 03651's have all been intact mine will too.

guess i'll find out later tonight.
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225794)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:26am CDT
I've only ever seen 10601's so far.
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225796)
Posted by jaws on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:27am CDT
I've got a 10601 & 10801: both cut
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225803)
Posted by itMFtis on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:39am CDT

This is in Manassas, VA.
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225807)
Posted by darkjedi187 on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:46am CDT
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225808)
Posted by TheDEMOLISHOR1234 on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:47am CDT
I got mine last week, he had no problems.
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225810)
Posted by itMFtis on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:49am CDT
darkjedi187 wrote:I really don't want to open up the one I just got can anyone confirm you can see the finger from the top of the packaging?

Not sure how that would be possible considering his hands are tucked deep between his arms and body, unless you can see through his plastic paneling, which you can't.

Also wanted to mention that the unclipped one I opened today was waaaay less floppy than the clipped one I bought on release day.
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225812)
Posted by Galvatron X on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:53am CDT
itMFtis wrote:Found one 03651 Crankcase out of about a dozen of them at Walmart today. All the rest were 10601. Opened it up and am super happy about my new spiky fingered Crankcase.

This is in Manassas, VA.

That's great! That's why I've been putting all this together.

Yeah, 03651 seems like the best bet so far!
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225814)
Posted by Galvatron X on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:56am CDT
Thanks for all the additional data, guys. Keep it coming!

Here's an update. TFW seems to be down, so I'll add their data later.

03651 - 8 Intact, 0 Cut
10131 - 4 Intact, 0 Cut (2 of the "Intact" were in Canada)
10191 - 1 Intact (Scotland)
10531 - 3 Intact, 2 Cut
10561 - 5 Intact, 2 Cut
10601 - 3 Intact, 17 Cut
10801 - 0 Intact, 2 Cut

(Wow, front-paged. Cool! :D)
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225816)
Posted by darkjedi187 on May 20th, 2011 @ 11:57am CDT
itMFtis wrote:

Oh?. From the side it looked like i could see his hands. guess I will have to open him to find out for sure.
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225829)
Posted by omega666 on May 20th, 2011 @ 12:28pm CDT
I say if it's cut, then return it as damaged.
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225833)
Posted by r3devi7 on May 20th, 2011 @ 12:38pm CDT
Reporting in from Albany, NY

10601 Longer two fingers are clipped, rather neatly on mine. SO not going to bother buying another.
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225854)
Posted by darkjedi187 on May 20th, 2011 @ 1:40pm CDT
well my 10601 is clipped :sad: guess he will be getting returned. Gonna try to find another one
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225867)
Posted by prowl123 on May 20th, 2011 @ 2:09pm CDT
The fingers on mine are cut. :sad:
Re: Dark of the Moon Crankcase Product Codes to Avoid Damaged Fingers (1225879)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on May 20th, 2011 @ 2:21pm CDT
darkjedi187 wrote:
itMFtis wrote:

If you look close enough you can barely see them, but I don't think you'll be able to make out if they've been clipped or not.

I'd like to thank Galvatron for doing all this detective work. You've helped a lot of people out.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "transformers botcon 2007 thundercracker dreadwind bugbite thrust dirge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction One Step HIGH OCTANE BUMBLEBEE Complete Aoe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction HIGH OCTANE BUMBLEBEE AOE Deluxe MISSILE part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2001 RID Wedge Grimlock Heavy Load Hightower instruction sheet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The prime PP-35 Autobot Nova Star japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The prime PP-16 Moon Racer japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Alternators Decepticon Dodge Viper Dead End MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! 2014 by FAB Starpoint RARE Nice!!" on EBAY