Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe

Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe

Monday, April 25th, 2011 3:00pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Game News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 45,470

If you were looking forward to cutting up Decepticons with Sideswipe in the upcoming movie tie-in video game, Transformers: Dark Of The Moon, you'll have to get your pre-orders up at Gamestop. With the game's release date on June 14th, a pre-order at Gamestop will give you a code to play as the Autobot Corvette in multiplayer on the XBOX 360 and PS3.

If you're not too keen on pre-ordering the game, then there is no real worry. Sideswipe and any other pre-order character will likely be released in the first DOTM Downloadable Content. However, that date will likely be a few months down the road after the release date of the game. So if you want to play as Sideswipe immediately, get your pre-orders in now!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): GameStop

Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213814)
Posted by Blurrz on April 25th, 2011 @ 3:05pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Man, this some old bullsh!t. I thought Sideswipe was going to be in the game anyway! Why isn't he in the full game damnit!? I want more Sideswipe!!! I'm gonna start a petition to get them to rewrite more Sideswipe into the game and movie.

Cry more. He's going to get sidelined cause there's Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, let alone the playable Decepticon characters. For a movie-based game.. I dunno, I'm probably not even going to buy DOTM 'cause it's just going to be a waste of money once WFC2 comes out.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213821)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 25th, 2011 @ 3:09pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

They should make room for more characters. I want a long TF game one day. But movie games are rarely long, but I beat the entire WFC game in one sitting (yeah, I was playing hard.) So, it'd be better if they put more characters than those in the game.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213823)
Posted by Blurrz on April 25th, 2011 @ 3:13pm CDT
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213831)
Posted by #Sideways# on April 25th, 2011 @ 3:23pm CDT
Wait, does this mean that the DOTM game won't be for PC!?
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213846)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 25th, 2011 @ 3:40pm CDT
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213849)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 25th, 2011 @ 3:44pm CDT
It probably will come out for PC, but beware, PC users get majorly shafted by High moon. For PC we didn't get any of the dlc, ever. No new Characters, no new multiplayer maps, or even any patch support for WFC. I would almost get it for the console just coz of all these reasons, BUT watch there be a frame rate barrier at 30 fps or some crap. Which means i'd prefer it for PC where in time someone will make a crack app to allow 60+ fps.
Such is the damage:
:CON:
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213850)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on April 25th, 2011 @ 3:55pm CDT
I don't care for movie-licensed games. More often than not they completely and utterly suck.

I have no doubt that Sideswipe and whatever other characters are being sidelined as Pre-Order Exclusives will be released in a DLC pack like they did with the WFC Exclusives.

I'll be waiting for WFC2 and kicking skidplate in WFC whenever PSN comes back up.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213854)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 25th, 2011 @ 4:01pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean. We're just not going to get it in DOTM. You might have a blast with the Multiplayer, but that's just going to be a carbon copy of WFC/ROTF. I'd honestly just wait for WFC2 or just spend your money on a better video game. Just rent DOTM or something.. don't waste your money on a game like this.

I'm gonna buy it. Because I spent hours upon hours playing ROTF. WFC...I only played for about 6 hours.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213855)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on April 25th, 2011 @ 4:02pm CDT
Being in college for video games, being a Transformers fan who enjoys the aesthetic of the live-action films, and being one who posts gameplay on youtube for the rest of you to see what the game is like (whether good or bad), and last but not least, finding these movie games invaluable assets for the models more than anything else, I will be pre-ordering. But not right now. I'll wait a bit more and see if there are any other pre-order offerings to choose from. :)
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213864)
Posted by Shadowman on April 25th, 2011 @ 4:24pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:but you guys are forgetting that, whatever character is an exclusive, you could always BUY later..... that is Unless you have a PS3. PSN IS HACKED!!!! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

It will be back up long before DOTM comes out. And the hack wasn't what caused the PSN to go down anyway, Sony flipped the switch themselves.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213869)
Posted by oldskooltf on April 25th, 2011 @ 4:33pm CDT
Preorder exclusive characters are stupid and lame.

We'll probably have different characters exclusive to different stores just like we did with War for Cybertron.

Oh... but they'll later "reward" us with having them available for DLC. Of course the characters code will already be in the game, which is why you'll be able to see them playing against you in online multiplayer.

So, basically you'll be paying for an 180 kb unlock file to play with characters that are already on your game disk and were created along with everything else when the game shipped, not really extra content the studio made after the games shipped.

Stupid.

I loved War for Cybertron, but this preorder character crap is stupid.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213872)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on April 25th, 2011 @ 4:37pm CDT
oldskooltf wrote:Preorder exclusive characters are stupid and lame.

Stupid.

I loved War for Cybertron, but this preorder character crap is stupid.

Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213880)
Posted by oldskooltf on April 25th, 2011 @ 4:55pm CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:I don't know why people are complaining about this, I mean, WFC did the same thing, but then all of those characters were included in the DLC. =L

It's because it's characters the gaming studio has already made and are already on the disk, but the only way to access that content on the disk you already bought is to preorder it from a certain store and/or then later through DLC. It's stupid.

It was also stupid back when War for Cybertron did it.

It's not like maps that Bungie make AFTER they ship Halo Reach. That kind of DLC doesn't bother me, because it's not stuff that came with the disk.

These preorder characters are ON YOUR DISK no matter how/where you buy it from, but you don't actually get to play with them unless you do what I said in my 1st paragraph. Lame.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213881)
Posted by Shadowman on April 25th, 2011 @ 4:56pm CDT
oldskooltf wrote:this preorder character crap is stupid.

Well get used to it, which I'm surprised you haven't already, because nearly every major game does it.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213882)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 25th, 2011 @ 5:00pm CDT
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213907)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 25th, 2011 @ 5:50pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Anyone know how to unlock the WFC characters that are on the PC game disc? i sometimes see people playing as sentinal prime, so I'm sure they basically just found a way to hook his model into the multiplayer choices for the leader class...

It's called modding.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213908)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 25th, 2011 @ 5:53pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:

It's called modding.

Yea, do you KNOW how to MOD IT so it ALLOWS YOU TO PLAY AS ZETA PRIME? otherwise your post was pointless. Duh its modding. I've looked online and I don't see any instructions on HOW to mod it that way, so I was wondering if I could find some answers here.... :roll:
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213911)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 25th, 2011 @ 5:57pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

It's called modding.

Yea, do you KNOW how to MOD IT so it ALLOWS YOUR TO PLAY AS SENTINAL PRIME? otherwise your post was pointless. Duh its modding. I've looked online and I don't see any instructions on HOW to mod it that way, so i was wondering if I could find some answers here.... :roll:

Oh. I've tried to mod a game, but all I did was screw the entire thing up.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213933)
Posted by Shadowman on April 25th, 2011 @ 6:44pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

It's called modding.

And it can get you banned from the game.

And there is not way to play as Sentinel Prime, what with him not appearing in WfC.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Gamestop Exclusive Preorder - Multiplayer Sideswipe (1213934)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 25th, 2011 @ 6:46pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:And it can get you banned from the game.

Whoops I meant zeta prime. Yea, I had a feeling it can get you banned... I hope the numerous cheaters are getting banned... people I suspect as Slugga, and Phantasm... that one hit melee kill is a dead give away.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Headmaster Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Titans Return Transformers Scourge Rippersnapper Highbrow Twinferno New" on EBAY