Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong

Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong

Saturday, May 7th, 2011 9:49pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 40,072

Some lucky lads in Hong Kong got a chance to fiddle with the first wave of the Dark Of The Moon toy line. Amidst the chaos and joy are some solid images of everything from Human Alliance toys to Voyager Megatron. We've got comparisons of Leader Bumblebee with the legendary Metroplex, as well as his fellow wave mate, Leader Class Sentinel Prime. There's also tons of in-hand images of many Dark Of The Moon figures, in which the threads are linked below!

Thread 1
Thread 2

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): HK-TF.com

This article was last modified on Sunday, May 8th, 2011 1:00am CDT

Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218647)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 7th, 2011 @ 10:11pm CDT
9 more days, 9 more freakin' days =P~
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218651)
Posted by robofreak on May 7th, 2011 @ 10:14pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:9 more days, 9 more freakin' days =P~

Keep an eye out, the street date broke. I've got 6 figures sitting on my desk that I just wrote up some reviews on.

I don't see Fort Max in those pics. Only Cybertron Metroplex.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218655)
Posted by Autobot Joe on May 7th, 2011 @ 10:17pm CDT
Just got my Voyager Megatron and Voyager Optimus Prime at Meijer here in Michigan yesterday. Glad they put them up for sale early. I think they are both great. I'm not thrilled about Prime's alt mode but still a nice figure.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218662)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on May 7th, 2011 @ 10:28pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:9 more days, 9 more freakin' days =P~

I feel your pain man i hope laser beack, and shockwave are in the first wave because they're the only guys that i will get. Who am i kidding ill probably get get most of the new figs.

One thing i noticted was that the cyberverse commanders look like scout class figs.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218663)
Posted by robofreak on May 7th, 2011 @ 10:37pm CDT
t$money$49 wrote:
Gyrotron wrote:9 more days, 9 more freakin' days =P~

Laserbeak is in another wave.

First wave has:

Crankcase
Roadbuster
Bumblebee
Ratchet
Starscream
Skids
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218683)
Posted by takablechimp on May 7th, 2011 @ 11:54pm CDT
I live in San Antonio Texas and found Voyager Optimus Prime at Target today. They only had two out, so I grabbed both; one for me and the other for my son :D. Weird though that they did not have any of the legends or deluxe figures out yet. Going to some other locations tomorrow to see what I can find. :grin:
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218688)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 8th, 2011 @ 12:08am CDT
Blurrz wrote:We've got comparisons of Leader Bumblebee with the legendary Fort Max, as well as his fellow wave mate, Leader Class Sentinel Prime.
Where do you see Fort Max? All I see is a Cybertron Metroplex with some gaudy neon blue paint on where his dark blue paint should be. ;)
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218694)
Posted by MagnusLabel on May 8th, 2011 @ 12:33am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Probably Galaxy Force Megalo Convoy.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218700)
Posted by Blurrz on May 8th, 2011 @ 1:01am CDT
Lol whoops
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218780)
Posted by rpetras on May 8th, 2011 @ 8:21am CDT
robofreak wrote:Laserbeak is in another wave.

First wave has:

Crankcase
Roadbuster
Bumblebee
Ratchet
Starscream
Skids

OK, so for me that will mean Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Megsy and Shockwave.

I may get Roadbuster.

The rest are skip for me.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218782)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 8th, 2011 @ 8:31am CDT
Kinda funny that these are the Hasbro versions. Not fall outta your chair funny, just ya know, weird.
:BOT:
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218813)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on May 8th, 2011 @ 10:12am CDT
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218847)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 8th, 2011 @ 11:32am CDT
robofreak wrote:Laserbeak is in another wave.

First wave has:

Crankcase
Roadbuster
Bumblebee
Ratchet
Starscream
Skids

Thought Wave 1 also had Topspin :sad: oh well. But what about Sideswipe. Mudflap. I thought they were in Wave 1 too!

I have searched every store in my town: No DOTM Early Releases, so I gotta wait those nine eight days until the official release >_< But the problem is I only have 30 dollars. NOOOOOOOO!!! I had 50, but, ugh, I spent it on another crappy HFTD figure :BOOM:

Sigh I'll get Prime and Bee on the first sight, cuz I think they'll go fast. I might get Starscream with a little help from my quality hungry parents. At least Megatron will have some competiton:

Cyberverse Preview Prime: "MEGATRON, ONE SHALL STAND ONE SHALL FALL!"

Voyager Megs: "..........Um I think the odds are obvious..."

Cyberverse Preview Prime: "DIE!"

*clank* *clank* ~Preview Prime vs Voyager Megs, the only DOTM toys I have so far.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218913)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 8th, 2011 @ 3:00pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:Sigh I'll get Prime and Bee on the first sight, cuz I think they'll go fast.

Not if my area's any indication. Shockwave, Cankcase, Roadbuster, and to a lesser extent Megs and Screamer are the quick sells, Ironhide, OP, and Bee are just hanging around.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218915)
Posted by robofreak on May 8th, 2011 @ 3:08pm CDT

Gyrotron: Keep in mind that the figures we see leaked on the net don't always indicate that they'll be in the first waves.

From the way it's lookin, I predeict Topspin in Wave 2 and Laserbeak in Wave 3. We'll probably see them pretty soon. I don't know where Mudflap will be, but I'd recommend you save yourself some money and not buy them. DOTM Skids is the first figure that I will ever say sucks.

t$money$49 wrote:Thanks robofreak i needed a list of what to look for. Even though i probably will only get roadbuster, crankcase, megs, and shockwave from this wave.

Not a problem. Don't worry, you will not regret Crankcase.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218937)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 8th, 2011 @ 4:12pm CDT
robofreak wrote:Bumblebee and Optimus are in high quantities. I sifted through a lot of BB to get my deluxes yesterday.

What about Sideswipe??? The first wave has Sideswipe and Topspin I remember it being confirmed SOMEWHERE...mmmm....where did I read that? Was it here or TFW2005? I forget :P
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1218943)
Posted by robofreak on May 8th, 2011 @ 4:33pm CDT
Gyrotron wrote:And have an incomplete Wrecker group? No thank you. Besides I got 2 (or just 1) upcoming stop motion films that require all of them. I dont plan on getting the twins, they're not in it, plus they just plain "suck popsicle"

I didn't say anything about having an incomplete Wrecker group. Don't know where you got that from. Just cause Topspin is not in the first wave doesn't mean he's going to get released. Also we still have no word on a deluxe Leadfoot so you won't be getting a complete set of Wreckers right off the bat.

The clear type Sideswipe is a TRU exclusive.

You're just going to have to wait for your videos. I can assure you that Topspin is not part of Wave one because I was looking at Wave 1 yesterday at retail.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1219016)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 8th, 2011 @ 7:48pm CDT
robofreak wrote:

The clear type Sideswipe is a TRU exclusive.

Not all of the Wave 1 figures will get released at first sight. We're still waiting for most of the Wave 2 of Gens and RTS, right, in some areas? You said not to get Topspin and Laserbeak along with Mudflap.

...Clear Type??? Don't you mean regular?

I don't plan on making my videos so soon. How could I do that? How do I make a clan of Autobots and Decepticons on a 30 dollar budget O_o

Edit: I dont even need the Wreckers for my series its just display wise. Im going to want every character from DOTM anyway. Did that with ROTF too.

I know Leadfoot wont be Deluxe (as far as leakage is concerned). Hes Human Allience. Dont matter to me, I still have a complete Wrecker group with him.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1219018)
Posted by robofreak on May 8th, 2011 @ 7:55pm CDT

How I have not seen all of Wave 1? I was at the freaking store looking at them.

A wave is defined by what's in the case. DOTM wave one has: Bumblebee, Crankcase, Roadbuster, Skids, Ratchet, and Starscream for the deluxe assortment.

The only Sideswipe that I know of is the TRU exclusive, but wave 2 deluxes say something about one being released.

That article will tell you exactly what is in each wave. As you can see, Topspin is clearly not in Wave 1 deluxes.
Re: Dark Of The Moon Toy Line Participation Night in Hong Kong (1219020)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 8th, 2011 @ 8:02pm CDT
robofreak wrote:Gyrotron, you're misreading my posts. I said not to get Skids, nothing about not buying other figures. I said Laserbeak and Topspin were going to be in later waves.

How I have not seen all of Wave 1? I was at the freaking store looking at them.

Mudflap was in Wave 1 of ROTF, right? I didn't see him when they first came out. They dont all have to be out at once.

You also misread the wiki. The only TRU exclusive is the Scan Sideswipe. There is a Walmart Exclusive and a REGULAR SIDESWIPE:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sideswipe_%28Mov ... ass_toys_3

You're trying to make a point? He's in wave 2. Ok, and? But sometimes the wiki can be wrong about future events. We still have 8 days to offically know. Im done with this (:|

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon #5 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Tentakill Tomy Takara Piranacon Seacon #6" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Galvatron Vector Prime + Mini-cons Payload Ascent" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY