Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500!

Transformers News: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500!

Saturday, February 19th, 2011 8:50PM CST

Category: Live Action Movie News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 63,525

It's the biggest event in Nascar, the Daytona 500! And what better event than to showcase the Nascars featured in the upcoming Transformers film, Dark Of The Moon! The Wreckers, Roadbuster(Green), Topspin(Blue), and Leadfoot(Red) served as Grand Marshals for the races. We`ve got great high resolution looks at Roadbuster and Topspin, who are both armed to the teeth. Leadfoot shied away from the cameras of Hendrick Motorsports, but we'll be getting more photos from Seibertron.com member Stixx. For now, check these ones out below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Hendrick Motorsports

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184418)
Posted by Mike Angel on February 19th, 2011 @ 9:45pm CST
I don't watch Nascar at all but if they had cars like that racing with real ammo...I may start watching! :twisted:
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184453)
Posted by Rated X on February 19th, 2011 @ 11:17pm CST
I really wanted these guys to be Stunticons. I hate them being Autobots.

NASCAR stands for :

Non
Athletic
Sports
Center
Around
R*******

Im not gonna include the last word starting with "R" but if you use youre imagination Im sure youll figure it out. LOL
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184454)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 19th, 2011 @ 11:20pm CST
Boy are those marketing guys at Hasbro sharp! Get NASCAR fans!!! I can't believe I'm actually planning on watching the race tomorrow. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184481)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 20th, 2011 @ 12:24am CST
Rated X wrote:I really wanted these guys to be Stunticons. I hate them being Autobots.

NASCAR stands for :

Non
Athletic
Sports
Center
Around
R*******

No...it's because some guy down south started saying "NAS CAR!" to guys that had nice cars. :lol:
(It's really the National Association for Stock Car Automoblie Racing for those of you who don't know)
And NASCAR is also not just for...umm...southern dwellers and country music lovers.
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184486)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on February 20th, 2011 @ 12:58am CST
This is kinda... Overreacting, but am I the only person who hates how they added the "TF3: in 3D 7.1.11"? It makes them.. well, not genuine. It makes them even more of an ad.
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184487)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 20th, 2011 @ 1:00am CST
I was going to watch the race anyways, so this is icing on the cake.

On a semi-related note, NASCAR was started when moonshine runners got bored of racing cops and started racing each other.
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184510)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on February 20th, 2011 @ 2:53am CST
So awesome!! Topspin is definitely my favorite and looks the coolest. I wish there toys looked more accurate though :|
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184524)
Posted by Mykltron on February 20th, 2011 @ 5:41am CST
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184570)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 20th, 2011 @ 10:25am CST
Mykltron wrote:Why do the toys shown so far look nothing like these? They seem to be different shapes and colours and everything!

Actually, if you compare the real Topspin with his toy counterpart, his design is quite accurate. He just isn't as detailed in the decal department. As for Roadbuster, I have no idea what Hasbro was thinking when they designed him. Heck, the body of the car is all wrong. He's supposed to be a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car, but they used the body of a NASCAR Nationwide Series car (which is a step below Sprint Cup). WTF Hasbro? Do you even have eyes?! :BANG_HEAD:
Hopefully we get a remold of Roadbuster in his armed mode...
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184597)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on February 20th, 2011 @ 11:29am CST

Some part of me still hopes not. Because I think these look so awesome as they are. Even if it doesn't help them blend any better than a racing vehicle would on a regular street anyway, LOL.
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184627)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 20th, 2011 @ 12:25pm CST
If you were just watching the Datona 500 then you just saw a new 30 sec. trailer for the movie! Didn't see to much more other than BB turning into some sort of mech/weapon simular to the video game trailer! Also saw a quick shot of the red nascar wrecker!
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184640)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on February 20th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CST
After all the hype they were on TV for about 10 seconds
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184651)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 20th, 2011 @ 1:11pm CST
Wheeljack35 wrote:After all the hype they were on TV for about 10 seconds

I hear ya. I started watching at 9am only to have them show up around 10:15 or so. :BANG_HEAD: But you have to remember the big thing was that they were live at the Daytonna 500. So while TV veiwers didn't get to see them in full detail, they were displayed at the event. They also gave some good shots of them trailing the cars during the pace lap.
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184654)
Posted by Jesterhead on February 20th, 2011 @ 1:15pm CST
5150 Cruiser wrote: They also gave some good shots of them trailing the cars during the pace lap.

Ya they looked pretty badass! I was worried for a while that they weren't going to run at all lol.
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184657)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 20th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CST
Wheeljack35 wrote:After all the hype they were on TV for about 10 seconds

it is kinda depressing. I was under the impression they'd be alternating on pace car duty.
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184770)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on February 20th, 2011 @ 5:53pm CST
On a more exciting note, how crazy was that 14 car wipeout!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/fro ... car-323950

One must wonder if the wreckers were, indeed, involved in the Daytona 500 after all. ;)
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1184794)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 20th, 2011 @ 6:46pm CST
NatsumeRyu wrote:I can't believe this just hit me. Is it possible these are just the car-gun modes (can't remember the "official" name for it atm), and they actually have "regular" car modes? I assume it's possible - if they spent most of their on screen time with weapons out, wouldn't they build them that way, and use CG for the bot, and lesser-used plain car modes? *facepalm* The DoTM game teaser even was emphasizing the car-gun modes. Perhaps to sell more of those toys? :?

Yes, this is possible. The filmmakers probably wanted to used the armed modes mostly, so they built the cars in the very complex armed mode, that way they would only have to do CGI work on the simpler standard stock car body.
This is just my theory.
Re: Dark Of The Moon - Wreckers at Daytona 500! (1194122)
Posted by Red 50 on March 12th, 2011 @ 4:10pm CST
So, I was watching DOTM's game trailer and seeing Bumblebee deploy his weapons in Alt-mode, I was beginning to wonder:
Could the wreckers have been a test result to give Autobots more firepower in vehicle modes? Some succeeded test subjects maybe?

Ending Soon On eBay

Side Vent Fender Decorative shark Grille Transformers Autobot Decepticon Black - Time Remaining: 5 days 24 minutes 48 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS MV5 THE LAST KNIGHT DELUXE STEELBANE PREMIER EDITION - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 26 minutes 19 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MV5 THE LAST KNIGHT DELUXE AUTOBOT SQWEEKS PREMIER EDITION - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 32 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers G2 HERO MEGATRON BRAND NEW SEALED 80146 Decepticon Generation 2 - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 42 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers G2 OPTIMUS PRIME BRAND NEW SEALED Hero 80147 Autobot Generation 2 - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 42 minutes 36 seconds
Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS Superlink SC 10 HOT RODIMUS PRIME CONVOY Figure - Time Remaining: 26 days 17 hours 53 minutes 55 seconds
Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS Superlink SC 15 Landmine Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 54 minutes 33 seconds
Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Berserker Optimus Prime Premier Robot Toy - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 15 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017