"Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set

Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 11:19am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: TF_JW   Views: 44,873

The BotCon 2016 Convention box set will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the ground breaking cartoon and toy line BEAST WARS. Prepare for the "DAWN OF THE PREDACUS". Our first reveal from the 2016 Exclusive Convention box set is the former DECEPTICON who was reprogrammed and rebuilt ... as a PREDACON! - Tripredacus Agent RAVAGE!

The BotCon 2016 set will feature FIVE all-new head sculpts utilizing the amazing TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS action figures.

Stay Tuned to BotCon.com for details on ordering this amazing box set.

Transformers News: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set

Credit(s): Transformers Collectors' Club

Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730947)
Posted by Optimizzy on October 3rd, 2015 @ 11:23am CDT
I hate this mold...but that doesn't look too bad.
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730949)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 3rd, 2015 @ 11:28am CDT
Looks goofy as heck.
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730952)
Posted by Optimutt on October 3rd, 2015 @ 11:31am CDT
Holy Mixed Feelings, Batman! Vehicle mode and color scheme = amazeballs! Horrible mold choice for such a badaft character = desire to commit suppuku!

Seriously, I HATE the robot mode of this mold. Vehicle mode looks solid, but the robot mode... show-accurate head or not, it can't make that bot mode look good. But the colors! Pretty!
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730955)
Posted by ScottyP on October 3rd, 2015 @ 11:36am CDT
Really nice head sculpt. Wish the shoulders were posed up a bit more in the stock photography, would probably make it look a lot better in this case.

I hope the torso is a TMII Dragon Megs using the Sky Lynx mold.
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730956)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 3rd, 2015 @ 11:36am CDT
Cat-Scourge!

I've always thought Beast Wars characters look weird with vehicle modes. This looks even more off since Ravage retains absolutely NONE of the organic shapes and curves from the original (er, original BW design, that is; but heck, I think the G1 was less blocky than this).
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730957)
Posted by Autobot N on October 3rd, 2015 @ 11:37am CDT
Hmm, on one hand, I like that it has a vehicle mode (I was never a big fan of most beast transformers besides the cassettes, Sky Lynx, and the Dinobots). On the other hand, that head is atrocious.

Eh, I'll get it, given that Botcon 2016 is the first Botcon I'll be going to. Plus, if they make a full combiner (Which, if they do, I assume will be named "Predacus"), I can repurpose it as a :CON: .
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730958)
Posted by Munkky on October 3rd, 2015 @ 11:39am CDT
I'm not a big fan of the Combiner Wars Breakdown mould, but this Ravage looks decent enough. I'm reserving judgement until I see what else will be in this set before I decide whether or not to buy it, but if this BotCon exclusive set of Combiner Wars repaints (because we totally don't have enough Combiner Wars repaints, do we? /sarcasm) is all Hasbro will be doing for Beast Wars' 20th birthday, that'll be a bit disappointing. I would have preferred original moulds in a main line, even if it were just a couple (let's say three new Deluxes and two new Voyagers).
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730959)
Posted by KillerOh on October 3rd, 2015 @ 11:40am CDT
TF_JW wrote:

Lemme guess... The other four will be:
- Ram Horn (Maybe Hot Spt with a "horned" ladder? :roll: )
- Sea Clamp (Maybe Rook with two "clamp" guns... or VERY INTERESTING Combiner Hands? :-? )
- Cicadacon (Maybe a... "Bravo" Aerialbot because... well, it flies? 8-} )
- and Tarantulas (Maybe UW deluxe Groove due to Transmetal's "moto" mode? :-D )

so we can have... Combiner Wars PENTADACUS? :HEADHURTS:

Just a guess... #-o
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730964)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 3rd, 2015 @ 11:48am CDT
I like the colors and the head. I like Combiner Wars. But I am REALLY getting burned out on the same molds being used over and over. And over. And over.
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730974)
Posted by william-james88 on October 3rd, 2015 @ 12:12pm CDT
This saddens me greatly in a way. Whenever I see a toy revealed like this it means Hasbro or Takara doesnt have plans to release one themselves. I would have loved this guy to have a new mold, it's an awesome character. And the fact that this is to commemorate Beast Wars 20th scares me even more since it means we may only get repaints and no true updates on any characters aside from MP Primal.

I do not like this toy, I do not like this mold and the head looks silly on the body. It doesnt look like the character and this means we now have to wait a while before he gets a better toy.

Also, I do not find him niche enough for Botcon but maybe that is just me.

In the end, I would have preffered this toy (and the anniversary for beast wars) be made up of new molds. I totally get that this is the club, so of course its repaints. But I would have preffered Hasbro proper to deal with this anniversary so we wouldnt be stuck with retools/redecos for something I deem quite important. And worse, it may mean we dont get proper versions for a while.
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730978)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 3rd, 2015 @ 12:20pm CDT

Maybe the others will be super cool. Also, no beast mode combiners coming any time soon. I know it's the 20th sooner rather than later, but man, his just seems like an odd mashup-- combiner wars vehicles with beast mode Beast Wars characters.

I am not even sure what to guess. Give terrasaur a jet alt mode, scorponok a tank-- or rampage, waspinator a jet, dinobot could be another tank, I don't v know.
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730984)
Posted by william-james88 on October 3rd, 2015 @ 12:32pm CDT
Tigertrack wrote:This feels so out there. I like the car, hate the mold, and am not really excited by this reveal.

You think they will repeat characters they already gave us? I thought this would be their chance of adding to the neo classics beast wars/vehicle mode collection they have been adding to over the years (like with Tarantulus this year). I think it will be a bunch of characters, or versions of characters (like TM or TMII) we havent seen yet.
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730991)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 3rd, 2015 @ 12:58pm CDT
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1730999)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 3rd, 2015 @ 1:10pm CDT
Whoa. Just got a vibe. With a different head, does anyone else think this would make a great Nightracer? It already has her colors.
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1731001)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 3rd, 2015 @ 1:19pm CDT
Interesting concept, though it would be even better if they ended up revisiting one of my favourite combiners, magnaboss.

Still I can get behind this
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1731004)
Posted by Starsaber468 on October 3rd, 2015 @ 1:32pm CDT
I was expecting a shattered glass beast wars themed box set not this sadly might mean we (probably) aren't getting one
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1731008)
Posted by steals_your_goats on October 3rd, 2015 @ 1:45pm CDT
Interesting head sculpt and very nice colors in the vehicle mode but I guess I'd have to see the rest of the team ( If this is a team) first before I made any real decision.
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1731022)
Posted by Railbomb on October 3rd, 2015 @ 2:29pm CDT
KillerOh wrote:
TF_JW wrote:

Lemme guess... The other four will be:
- Ram Horn (Maybe Hot Spot with a "horned" ladder? :roll: )
- Cicadacon (Maybe a... "Bravo" Aerialbot because... well, it flies? 8-} )
- and Tarantulas (Maybe UW deluxe Groove due to Transmetal's "moto" mode? :-D )

so we can have... Combiner Wars PENTADACUS? :HEADHURTS:

Just a guess... #-o

I feel like you're right about the 3 members of Tripredacus but I'm not sure about Tarantulas seeing they just made one for TFCCSS though I don't know who else the could do. and I think Air Raid would be a better choice for Cicadacon with the variable wings that can be pointed up closer to bug-like wings. Ram Horn Could be made with Brawl with a new cannon. Maybe some sort of Unicron torso? Or just looking at the TFWiki page for the council it say their founder was Preditron so maybe him?
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1731024)
Posted by Gunmetal on October 3rd, 2015 @ 2:32pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:more proof hasbro has no idea what they are doing, you know how many of these they would sell if it was mass released especially if it deals with Tripredacus. Instead of doing interesting beast wars homages we get half assed autobot repaints of menasor and ugly fembots that use 2 of the same mold, good job hasbro you really know what the fans want.

I'd like to know what Rattrap, Waspinator, and Rhinox think about that. I'll head down to my local Walmart and ask them; I know they're still hanging out. :D
Re: "Dawn of the Predacus" Ravage revealed from BotCon 2016 set (1731036)
Posted by william-james88 on October 3rd, 2015 @ 2:45pm CDT
Randomus wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is a view of what my toysrus store looks like just last week:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Grimlock Turbo Changer (2016) Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Jetfire Hasbro War for Cybertron Commander Class WFC S28 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege WFC-S63 Soundblaster 35th Anniversary NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Autobot Bulkhead NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR. 2015 NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Blizzard Strike Slipstream Figure" on EBAY