Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus

Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus

Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 1:01am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 9,442

A deal at Toysrus in Australia started today for movie toys. The flyer shows deals on the deluxes, Armour Knight Turbo Changers and Legion class figures. The deal makes the deluxe price a bit more bearable but the deal on the Legions is not bad at all. 3 for $20 is the equivalent to them coming out to $4.96 USD each. Of course, that assumes you want 3 of these to get that deal.

You can find the entire flyer here.

If you ever find any oys in stores, let the community know in the sightings section and the sightings forum!

Transformers News: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus

Credit(s): Toysrus Australia

This article was last modified on Friday, June 2nd, 2017 11:39am CDT

Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1887857)
Posted by Burn on June 7th, 2017 @ 11:18pm CDT
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1887861)
Posted by Qwan on June 7th, 2017 @ 11:38pm CDT

Yow that's a lot of money. Time for me to start looking into other options; even with the shipping costs, I get the feeling it'll be at most the same price to get it from TFSource or the like. :???:
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1887868)
Posted by Burn on June 8th, 2017 @ 12:53am CDT
Qwan wrote:

It's pretty much a given that he'll be part of their Toy Sale, so hopefully he comes down to something a little more reasonable.
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1887875)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 8th, 2017 @ 2:27am CDT

Wow...Myer had Fortress Maximus at $350...good thing I bought him on a sale

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1889554)
Posted by Burn on June 15th, 2017 @ 6:21am CDT
Has anyone else here made the mistake of buying through Premium Collectables?
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1889679)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 15th, 2017 @ 4:39pm CDT
Burn wrote:Has anyone else here made the mistake of buying through Premium Collectables?

I haven't bought through any online website like that, enlighten me on how it is a mistake.
:MAXIMAL:
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1889680)
Posted by Burn on June 15th, 2017 @ 4:54pm CDT
Rainmaker wrote:

:MAXIMAL:

Dodgy as all fuck. I'm STILL waiting on MP-36 Megatron. I have e-mailed them every week for the last month (as per their advice on their website) and received NO response at all. They pick and choose who they reply to on their Facebook page.

Ozformers have a rather large thread dedicated to their problems.

So if anyone is thinking of dealing with that website, DON'T!
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1889692)
Posted by Qwan on June 15th, 2017 @ 5:52pm CDT

I have, multiple times, and to be honest I'm still making that mistake intentionally. Yeah they tend toward being dodgy as all hell and I've been waiting on TR Megs and Sixshot since January, but their prices do save me a some money and they do tend to come through eventually. When it comes down to the choice between getting Sixshot 6+ months late and for $15 less than regular retail, or never seeing him at retail and having to pay hugely inflated prices on the aftermarket, I figure it's worth the stress and insane waiting to be able to actually get the toys at all.

(Not to mention they came through on my first order (UW Devy), if two months late, and even managed to get me a replacement wheel for Mixmaster who was missing one, for no extra cost. So that probably gives me at least some bias toward them, like a gambler who gets lucky on his first go.)

I definitely wouldn't recommend them to anyone (especially someone who has a better way of getting the figures they want), but the fact that I'm already caught in their trap plus the - theoretical - availability of items I probably wouldn't get otherwise has me near-permanently snared at this point. I've currently preordered Siege on Cybertron, Blitzwing, Octone, and Overlord from them; the peace-of-mind of knowing that I will get them eventually (since I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm definitely never gonna see SoC and Overlord in the wild, at least) plus the fact I'm saving about $50 overall is more-or-less worth the forever-long wait to me. :???:
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1891727)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 23rd, 2017 @ 6:01am CDT
The other Wave 5 4 (darn) deluxes have made it! Found them in Target
:MAXIMAL:
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1891743)
Posted by william-james88 on June 23rd, 2017 @ 8:15am CDT
Rainmaker wrote:The other Wave 5 deluxes have made it! Found them in Target
:MAXIMAL:

I cant see your image since its blocked at my work. Are they actually wave 5, like Windblade and TwinTwist, or are they wave 4 ? If its wave 5, it would be big news.
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1891744)
Posted by Kurona on June 23rd, 2017 @ 8:15am CDT
Rainmaker wrote:The other Wave 5 deluxes have made it! Found them in Target
:MAXIMAL:

I'm afraid that's Wave 4, friend - unless you linked the wrong image by mistake?
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1891779)
Posted by Qwan on June 23rd, 2017 @ 9:59am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Rainmaker wrote:The other Wave 5 deluxes have made it! Found them in Target
:MAXIMAL:

I'm assuming from the "other" there in Rainmaker's post, that it is indeed Wave 4 (since Krok and Quake were already seen sporadically while the rest have only been spotted once or twice, hence the 'other' Wave 4 Deluxes pictured), and that there was a slip-up somewhere between brain and fingers. Even so it's great to hear - I already happen to have my Percy and Topspin, but if they're turning up more commonly around Australia, it should mean more people can get the toys they want without too much hassle! :D
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1892546)
Posted by Va'al on June 26th, 2017 @ 7:26pm CDT
In what could be considered an update to a previous story we reported (here) about changes to how online companies operate in Australia - and bound to impact the bigger retailers such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, etc - fellow Seibertronian Burn has brought an article from the New Daily to our attention.

It appears as though all the expected changes to tax will kick in a year later than expected for those larger online retailers, now starting in July 2018 instead.

The new tax, which was due to be implemented next month, would have forced Australian consumers to pay a 10 per cent GST on overseas low-cost goods.

The delay is a win for international online giants but has angered local retailers, who believe they are being put at a disadvantage.

Gerry Harvey, chairman of retail behemoth Harvey Norman, argued the change was the result of clever lobbying by overseas internet retailers, who talked Australian politicians into delaying the change.

[...]

“If a product is $100 or $1000 in a shop in Australia you put 10 per cent GST on it. If the product is the same price and is imported from overseas you don’t put any GST on it. So it’s just a subsidy straight away to an offshore retailer. How anyone can say that’s a good idea is beyond me.

“If they pay no GST why should anyone in Australia pay GST?”

The government agreed to implement the tax in last year’s budget, claiming the move would level the playing field for small businesses and generate an extra $300 million in revenue over four years.

This might appease the big companies, which had threatened a geo-lock on the Australian market, but how does it affect others? And how does it affect you as an Australian collector and consumer of imported items? Let us know in the discussion in the Energon Pub!
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1892577)
Posted by WreckerJack on June 26th, 2017 @ 9:47pm CDT
I don't live in AU and this makes me mad.
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1892580)
Posted by Qwan on June 26th, 2017 @ 10:01pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:I don't live in AU and this makes me mad.

I do live in AU and this makes me mad.

From what I can gather, it seems like a lot of this push (at least publicly) is coming from Gerry Harvey - whom, may I remind as stated in the quoted article, is
chairman of retail behemoth Harvey Norman
Yeah, I don't think his "behemoth" is in danger of collapsing just because overseas companies aren't paying the same taxes as he is (on top of whatever they are paying that he isn't, no, no need to worry about that if you want to 'level the playing field'). If shipping from outside Australia (which I must mention, is often exorbitantly expensive) on top of the cost of the item from overseas, still costs enough less than your same item that people choose to buy online and wait a week or so before they get it rather than buying it at your local chain, maybe you need to sell your stuff cheaper.

...What a world we live in, where people from outside our own nations don't even have to actually immigrate any more to be "taking our jobs!!1!" #-o
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1892581)
Posted by TankedThomas on June 26th, 2017 @ 10:02pm CDT
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1892584)
Posted by Qwan on June 26th, 2017 @ 10:07pm CDT
TCJJ wrote:No one ever talks about New Zealand but we've actually had this same thing implemented recently (either earlier this year or last year - I don't remember), except that our tax (GST - Goods and Services Tax) is 15%, and right now, it's often cheaper to import stuff from Australia because of how expensive things are, even compared to our major neighbouring country. But no one cares about New Zealand, so I guess that's okay.

Urgh, that sucks man! I'll admit that NZ doesn't often come to the front of my mind but rest assured, I'm distinctly upset on your behalf as well, now that I'm aware that it's an issue there too.

Out of curiosity since I didn't know this sort of thing had already happened somewhere: did any international companies stop dealing to NZ like they're threatening to with Aus? Much as I'm sure it sucks having your country serve as a case study for this, it could be interesting to compare the two situations - one already happened, the other still in progress.
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1892587)
Posted by TankedThomas on June 26th, 2017 @ 10:11pm CDT
Qwan wrote:

Out of curiosity since I didn't know this sort of thing had already happened somewhere: did any international companies stop dealing to NZ like they're threatening to with Aus? Much as I'm sure it sucks having your country serve as a case study, it could be interesting to compare the two situations - one already happened, the other still in progress.

Not as far as I know but I'm not entirely sure. Our government, so far, have done a poor job of enforcing it - I don't think most places are currently charging NZ GST for overseas purchases, but it's only a matter of time before it comes into full swing.

It's even more ridiculous because of how expensive things are here to begin with (and they're expensive enough as it is in Australia) - people are only importing because the cost of living has become exorbitantly high here, and even something like Transformers is basically a luxury now (Deluxes, for example, are now NZ$40 at retail, which is currently AU$38.42 or US$29.16).
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1892588)
Posted by Burn on June 26th, 2017 @ 10:17pm CDT
TCJJ wrote:But no one cares about New Zealand, so I guess that's okay.

Actually we do, but in regards to things like this (and sightings) we rely on our member base to bring it to our attention.
Re: Deal on Transformers: The Last Knight Toys in Australia at Toysrus (1892589)
Posted by TankedThomas on June 26th, 2017 @ 10:29pm CDT
Burn wrote:
TCJJ wrote:But no one cares about New Zealand, so I guess that's okay.

Apologies, I'm just very cynical because people normally leave New Zealand out.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War 4 Cybertron Kingdom Voyager WFC-K27 Rhinox IN HAND" on EBAY