Transformers News: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada

Monday, November 20th, 2017 12:02AM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,769

While Transformers: The Last Knight deluxe Hot Rod has been found in the UK as well as available for ordering from Walmart.com in the US, there was no word of it ever reaching Canada. It was not part of their holiday catalog where they highlighted some of their exclusives and it never appeared on their walmart.ca website, not even as a placeholder listing. With the main Age of Extinction Walmart exclusives never making it to Canada a few years ago, several fans thought deluxe Hot Rod was simply not going to show up, and that pricey alternative channels were probably going to have to be used. However, we finally have news of it being found in a Walmart store in Canada. This specific sighting comes to us from timcrook of cybertron.ca who found it in the Vancouver area.
There is still no word of the other Walmart exclusives that still have not reached the great white north such as the two packs that have recently surfaced at Ross in the US. This is not an indication that this toy will appear in stores in the US since Walmart Canada is run independently, and channels by which particular toys are sold wildly differ with this figure never being offered online in Canada, for instance.

Good luck on the hunt everyone!

Credit(s): timcrook
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1922757)
Posted by Quantum Surge on November 20th, 2017 @ 12:11am CST
He better not leave my shelves if I don't buy him, or else he will be in the trunk of my car and not be treated as a passenger like what he did to poor Viviane.

Real talk, I have felt less confident with buying figures that I want if they disappear too soon or they show up too late. Hopefully, I can get either Hot Rod, Cogman, or Nitro Zeus (and I'll see what I can do with the others I want down the line).
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1922766)
Posted by nemesisorion on November 20th, 2017 @ 2:16am CST
I have this hot rod figure found him at asda uk and i got him and hes a 7.9 good figure ;) but less than a week i broke the leg :-( i took it back got a replacement i broke it because the joints were to stiff but at least the replacement isnt having this issue
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1922769)
Posted by noctorro on November 20th, 2017 @ 3:26am CST
Only have Voyager Optimus and Megatron and they are great! Good size, posability, proportions and solidness in the torso. The detail is also nice.

Not very invested in the toyline because I hated the movie. Cogsman looks a bit dull but overall solid, might get him cheap on ebay or not. Would like a Nitro, his altmode looks hood and he's a KSI model so that's cool.

That's about it, maybe a Leader Megatron as a Knight brute and Skullitron/Steelbane for a good price.

This movie line deluxes cost 33 euro's!!!!! That's insane! That's an expensive voyager price. I don't know what Hasbro is doing in The Netherlands but that's unforgivably expensive. I refuse to buy a deluxe that's close to a third party price.

I hope HasTak dicides to make.... well no wishes actually for The Last Knight. I hipe they get back to Age of Extinction. Get us more KSI figures. Revisit Dark of the Moon maybe a bit. Do a deluxe sized dread dog dude,

Oh yes, Infernocus, that guy needs a Power of the Primus Beast combiner remold. That wouls be cool.
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1922812)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 20th, 2017 @ 10:46am CST
Hot Rod's great but his inaccuracies eventually bugged me too much and I ebayed him last week while there's still demand and plan to get that third party Hot Fire when that's out next year cos it looks super accurate. Yeah I never thought I'd get hooked on expensive TFs but dammit the third party movie stuff that's coming out is all looking pretty damn amazing. Got Peru Kill (Lockdown) and Firage (Dino/Mirage) coming. My hasbro figures are just for general play and messing about. :D
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1922828)
Posted by DeathReviews on November 20th, 2017 @ 12:03pm CST

The movie's toys should be on clearance now to make room for the newer stuff coming out (cough cough Power of the Primes cough cough Misfire Slugslinger cough cough cough).
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1922849)
Posted by hurricane567 on November 20th, 2017 @ 2:07pm CST
Mine is on his way via WM site2store. Today, maybe, tomorrow, probably.
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1922886)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 20th, 2017 @ 7:42pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:The movie flushed in and out of theaters and is already on DVD. Most of the movie stuff didn't sell even when the film was still on screens, and they're still warming shelf at TRU and other retailers. Walmarts have tons of unsold Skweeks and Spark power stuff that won't go anywhere at full retail price because nobody really wanted them.

There's still the Christmas season to account for. The general interest in movie Transformers should pick up around now, at least by retailer logic. This should thin the numbers.
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1923022)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 21st, 2017 @ 1:27pm CST
Quick observation: the legion 2-packs were supposed to come with weapons for Berserker and Ravenspar according to original stock photos, yet my Berserker has none. Googling the matter seems to confirm that every pack has no weapons whatsoever. What gives?

No matter, a Berserker only uses his fists :twisted: I've repurposed both Legion Barricade and Berserker as Aligned/G1, by the way. I'll be treating Ravenspar the same way once I find him.
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925408)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on December 6th, 2017 @ 10:08am CST
Oh my gosh, guys!!! I just realized something!!! Grimlock's enigma of combination would go perfectly with TLK Nitro to make him a Shockwave!!!!

I don't have Grimlock, but I got the idea watching emgo's review when he put it on Hot Rod
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925475)
Posted by Skritz on December 6th, 2017 @ 6:25pm CST
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925504)
Posted by Emerje on December 7th, 2017 @ 2:27am CST

Emerje
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925505)
Posted by Madeus Prime on December 7th, 2017 @ 2:39am CST
Skritz wrote:I just got Nitro Zeus. Oh damn, do I not regret getting this guy. He's deceptively (heh) good: solid body, unique transformation, nice chunky side and little hollow parts. The Titan Master headport is just icing on an already good cake. I bought him for 'custom fodder' but he's quite nice on his own almost to the point that I think he would have made a better earth mode Megatron design than what we got from the actual movie.

Honestly, as someone who does not like Movie Starscream's design, I would've adored Nitro's design as his.
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925514)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 7th, 2017 @ 4:31am CST
Emerje wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't really care that much for Nitro? His robot mode is OK, his Transformation is different, and it's cool that he has a Titan Master slot. But his jet mode only looks good from the top, the bottom is a wreck, the wings don't like to straighten out, and to me sticking a Titan Master in there is just making a movie version of a G1 character rather than giving a G1 character a proper body.

Emerje

I see no problem with that.
It work surprisingly well in fact.

Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925592)
Posted by Emerje on December 7th, 2017 @ 12:23pm CST

Emerje
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925633)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 7th, 2017 @ 4:37pm CST
Emerje wrote:Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with as well, I have a lot of love for my movie style Seaspray. It's the other way around that bothers me. Especially when people say things like "this mold should have been in Titans Return". Why? Because it has a Titan Master slot? It's still a movie design.

Emerje

Still WAY less "alien" like than the first trilogy though.
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925688)
Posted by Emerje on December 7th, 2017 @ 11:19pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Emerje

Still WAY less "alien" like than the first trilogy though.

I can't disagree with this. Although, there are some first trilogy figures that do fit the AOE/TLK look like Wreckage, Longarm, and Breacher. Of course, none of those were actually in the movies...

Emerje
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925719)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 8th, 2017 @ 4:49am CST
Emerje wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Emerje

Still WAY less "alien" like than the first trilogy though.

Emerje

Yup. Those were "classics" bonus figures.
I'm pretty glad that the Movie designs went "classic" for the Knight Trilogy. Even though the insect/alien look of the first trilogy had it's appeal.
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925725)
Posted by Emerje on December 8th, 2017 @ 5:32am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:I wonder though... If Starscream get somehow resurrected,, how will he look? :-?

I mean, if Megatron can be a truck...

Emerje
Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925777)
Posted by Va'al on December 8th, 2017 @ 11:33am CST
Good news South American fans! Via Facebook group Transformers Chile, we have images of new sightings of some Transformers: The Last Knight figures which have had a troublesome history at States retail: Turbo Changer Knight Armor Hound and the Autobot Unite exclusive (but not really) Legion class Hot Rod, along with Legion Crosshairs and Drift.

The bulky (geddit) simplified toy rang up at 19990 Chilean pesos (approx 30.5 USD) while the smaller ones 5990 (9 USD), and Heht Rehd a slightly higher price of 6990 (10 USD). The former three were all found at Falabella de Paseo Puente, in Santiago Centro, whereas Hurht Rohrd was spotted in the Supermercado LĂ­der de General Velasquez (Santiago Central Station). Check out the images below, and make sure to use the Sightings Database for any sightings of your own, too!

Re: Deluxe Hot Rod from Transformers: The Last Knight Finally Found at Walmart Stores in Canada (1925849)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 8th, 2017 @ 3:56pm CST
Emerje wrote:

I mean, if Megatron can be a truck...

Emerje

Eh, I used to own this guy. This mold suck mighty ass though.

As for altmode, Megatron can never settle on one form. He's like a prima-diva with a huge walk-in and change shoes to match his purse. Through the universes, Starscream was always a type of fighter jet. So I do hope the trend will remain.

:-?

If they release a Starscream Titan Master, I know what to do................
Transformers products from AMAZON