Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display

Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display

Saturday, November 11th, 2017 11:56pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 53,530

A pretty awesome image has just emerged on the Facebook Transformers fanpage Taiwan TFCC. It shows new live action Transformers toys at an event in Taiwan. The most obvious is Stinger, who is a deluxe in an upcoming movie line which will look back on previous films. The line seems to be called Transformers Studio Series. While the picture is small and blurry (as is tradition with leaks of the most anticipated toys), Stinger appears to be far more movie accurate than the Bumblebee redeco we got before. We can see his alt mode and it is an accurate Pagani. Hasbro was able to acquire that licence in the past with the Stinger One Step toy from Age of Extinction but it is fun to finally see it for a deluxe class toy.

We also see leader Blackout behind him in both his modes but we only see his lower leg and rotors when it comes to his robot mode. Still, this is our very first look at him since the initial leaked images and the best proof possible that he is indeed coming. These appearing at a show means we are very close to seeing better images of these.

For those wondering, the other deluxes in this line will be Bumblebee, Decepticon Crowbar, Ratchet, Jazz and Lockdown while the only other known leader class figure will be Grimlock. Judging from the reported prices of the Takara releases (which are probably the same figures repackaged for the Japanese market), these should be at the same price points as the Transformers the Last Knight toys. Which means we should expect a similar level of detail, complexity and paint.

Here is the photo, enjoy!

Transformers News: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display

Credit(s): Taiwan TFCC facebook page

Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921113)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 12th, 2017 @ 12:10am CST
Yay! New movie Blackout figure that hopefully won't be tiny like the first version or exclusive to Japan like the Animated version.... God I want him so badly despite the fact I haven't seen him yet.... But still, YAY!!!
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921114)
Posted by LevelRage on November 12th, 2017 @ 12:12am CST
It looks like the roof becomes Stingers weapon, assuming he has the pincer cannon that Bee did, which leads me to assume that the Bee figure is gonna be a retool of this guy, considering he used the weapon itself in the film. Just speculation on my part but already excited to see where this line goes.
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921119)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 12th, 2017 @ 2:31am CST

He does look kinda 'blocky' in general shape at moment but that could just be the angle or pose. Looking forward to better photos. :)
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921130)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 12th, 2017 @ 5:53am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:It's weird how a blurry little picture of a brand new Stinger mold makes me even more excited for the whole line. Cos if even a minor character like that is getting some proper love this time then I've high hopes for much of the more popular characters too. :)

Now that you mention it, the picture does make me think of a one-step. Thank God that isn't the case though! :P
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921152)
Posted by Spider5800 on November 12th, 2017 @ 10:38am CST

Maybe its unpainted?
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921155)
Posted by Emerje on November 12th, 2017 @ 10:51am CST
Spider5800 wrote:Huh, that Blackout in the background looks really light colored. Was hoping they'd keep the darker color like the movie and the Premium voyager, but this looks more like the original voyager.

Maybe its unpainted?

I thing the one in the back is a photo, the figure is on the right (with green markings). At least it isn't that dull blue like the original.

Stinger looks like a mass of kibble with elbows.

Emerje
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921156)
Posted by Emerje on November 12th, 2017 @ 10:52am CST
Double post, hotel WiFi is a little wonky.
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921183)
Posted by Ig89ninja on November 12th, 2017 @ 1:41pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Maybe its unpainted?

Emerje

Huh, I actually like the "dull" blue >:oP
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921195)
Posted by Quantum Surge on November 12th, 2017 @ 2:47pm CST
Stinger won't be the first figure I'd buy from the line (aside from me wanting to add to the AOE Cons), but this line is starting to make me want to get the rest of the line!
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921265)
Posted by Octobotimus on November 12th, 2017 @ 8:42pm CST
i'm most hyped for the grimlock, jazz, blackout, and lockdown (if its a new mold)and a few others...

the tiny bit you get to see of blackout's copter mode got my even more hyped for him :D
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921295)
Posted by Prime Target on November 12th, 2017 @ 10:40pm CST
Finally doing the Movieverse Justice! :D
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921359)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 13th, 2017 @ 10:47am CST
While I am not immediately impressed, it is just a tiny image.

But I am so thrilled for this new line. I was just playing with voyager Premium Blackout last week and he is so fun. It really says something about the impact some of the cons from the first movie had, seeing as how everyone wants a leader Blackout and Barricade is the first con getting a movie masterpiece figure that is not just a slightly changed leader class figure.
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921394)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 13th, 2017 @ 12:05pm CST
Line looks so cool, might not get them all, but Blackout is one I am lookin forward too, Stinger too, I always kinda wanted a really cool version of him.
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921480)
Posted by fruityrobo on November 13th, 2017 @ 7:55pm CST
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921485)
Posted by Va'al on November 13th, 2017 @ 8:13pm CST
fruityrobo wrote:I was looking at the Facebook post and a related image showed up. It was an Optimus Prime which was also at the Taiwan TFCC and it was a new mold but I was wondering why people didn't show it. I mean I understand that the figure has similar elements from the ROTF Leader Class but I have it and that looks totally different.

What image is that? I don't have access to the group, so can't see it myself.
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921530)
Posted by william-james88 on November 13th, 2017 @ 10:50pm CST
Va'al wrote:

What image is that? I don't have access to the group, so can't see it myself.

I joined the group and yet I do not see such an image anywhere.

Fruityrobo, get back to us when you have a minute, showing us what image you are referrng to. Thanks!
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921606)
Posted by Munkky on November 14th, 2017 @ 11:04am CST
Leader Blackout and Voyager Brawl are two figures I really want to own, and I was thinking my movie Decepticon shelf would just be those two with TLK Nitro Zeus and Megatron (which is better, the Leader or the Voyager?), the DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Barricade I already own (unless TLK Deluxe Barricade is better, what's the consensus on that?) and a Starscream.
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921607)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on November 14th, 2017 @ 11:07am CST
Munkky wrote:Megatron (which is better, the Leader or the Voyager?)

Voyager, in my opinion.
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921616)
Posted by william-james88 on November 14th, 2017 @ 11:31am CST
Munkky wrote:I haven't touched the Last Knight toyline at all, and I was planning on selling off most, if not all, of my movie collection, but this 2018 toy line has rekindled my interest in movie toys somewhat, maybe not enough to buy the whole line or to keep the toys I was planning to sell, but I'm thinking of having a small movie collection of around seven or eight toys for each faction.

TLK Voyager Megatron is better and scales better too with Zeus and the rest. Also, for your soundwave, you might want to look into the MB Soudnwave hat was recently released, it scales really well with the other decepticons you mention (even though they probably didnt share the same scenes together).
Re: Deluxe Stinger and Leader Blackout from 2018 Transformers Movie Line on Display (1921945)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 16th, 2017 @ 10:16am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Yeah I think Voyager Megatron is better (mainly cos he folds his wings neatly around his legs and his arm cannon isn't just a huge jet nose con section) and if you want a larger one there's a great upscaled KO of it that actually improves on it in a couple areas on the arms (with swivel wrists and flaps to cover up the forearm gaps where the hands come out of

Plus I just really like the transformation scheme of the Voyager and it's spent a lot of time on my desk rather than the shelf cos i keep playing with it. :P

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime & Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Pime Talking BUMBLEBEE Beast Hunters LOOSE Action Figure HTF 2013" on EBAY
Buy "WB Hasbro Collectibles - Transformers Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Lot of 7 DINOBOT HOT SHOT CHEETOR RATCHET Complete! + MORE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties "Hot Shot"  Action Figure" on EBAY