Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs

Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs

Thursday, May 14th, 2009 6:32pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 24,085

Derrick J. Wyatt, the Lead Character Designer for the Transformers Animated Series, has been interviewed by coolshite.net.

While the interview itself covers similar ground to previous Wyatt interviews, regarding character selection, and the design process, it does offer up four full character designs: Ramjet, Autorooper, Steeljaw and Bumper, as well as a head design for BWII Star Upper.

To check out the interview, and character designs, please click here.

Credit(s): coolshite.net, Derrick J. Wyatt

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 14th, 2009 6:44pm CDT

Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (921469)
Posted by Technically weird on May 14th, 2009 @ 6:37pm CDT
I really want to se a whole sketch of just Tracks like he is in the show.
Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (921476)
Posted by Archanubis on May 14th, 2009 @ 6:46pm CDT
I think Steeljaw was in "This is Why I Hate Machines."
Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (921497)
Posted by CrabHeart on May 14th, 2009 @ 7:50pm CDT
PLEASE dont tell me that autotrooper isnt based from kissplayers autorooper.... that would be... sooooooo mest up.. if it is someone message me instantly.
Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (921499)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on May 14th, 2009 @ 7:56pm CDT
Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (921503)
Posted by JesWal on May 14th, 2009 @ 8:05pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:Will someone PLEASE tell Derrick we don't want to see anymore stupid G1 cameos in Animated? It's getting freakin' annoying.

Wow, calm down man. He's a fan just like us. If you were in Wyatt's position, you would do what you wanted (as far as you could) right? It's his thing. Plus, he's an artist, he draws all the time, and when one needs something to draw, one draws what one likes. Derrick likes G1, so he draws characters from G1. Besides, some cameos shouldn't bother you that much. They're not major characters or anything...
Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (921529)
Posted by TFBuyer on May 14th, 2009 @ 9:38pm CDT
JesWal wrote:

Yeah, no doubt, man. Calm down. I suppose you want some "cool" characters to make it into Animated instead? Like what, some obscure European G2 release?
Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (921535)
Posted by CrabHeart on May 14th, 2009 @ 9:53pm CDT
i love all the camios.. its fun to spot them.
Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (921582)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 15th, 2009 @ 12:43am CDT
STEELJAW!!!!! Damn it, if the show was still around we would've had a new Steeljaw figure.
Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (921641)
Posted by heltskelt on May 15th, 2009 @ 7:15am CDT
I understand the feeling of annoyance. It is fun to spot cameos, ask my TiVo . The annoyance... maybe sadness in my case, comes from knowing we will not get figures for all those awesome designs. Hell, i'm still crossing my fingers for Arcee!
Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (923500)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 19th, 2009 @ 1:12pm CDT
I could see where the cameos may get annoying for some folks, especially for the under late-20's crowd. Personally, I think they are loads of fun. I sit and watch the show with my kids and there have been several times where I have had to explain the little "inside jokes" to them, so it gives me an oppurtunity to introduce more of the G1 world to the both of them. Once in awhile we even jump on the 'Net after watching an episode just so I can further explain the significance of the cameo or hidden joke. My kids have almost as much fun watching me watch the show as they do watching the show itself.
Re: Derrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs (923546)
Posted by mitchsantona on May 19th, 2009 @ 8:48pm CDT
Cameos are great. I find myself scowering the web to find out who some of these guys are too. I never knew what the aitch an autotrooper was. Now I do. The cameos and homages from Animated got me back into watching all of the old series. It's because of Animated and DW that I started collecting again. Now I can't get enough.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Head Robots Transformers Hot Head Duro-5 Military assault Driver parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers studio series Hot Rod, Jazz, Blurr #86" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS Fall of Cybertron DELUXE Autobot Air Raid Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE Lot of  Clear Blue Panels #K101531" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 4 YELLOW CAUTION BRICKS" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 7 Grey Panels #K101493" on EBAY