Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys

Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys

Friday, October 3rd, 2008 3:58pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 18,353

In recent news, we have the much anticipated set two pack of Animated Jetfire and Jetstorm.

It started as anticipation when we saw that the two pack was posted for pre-order on BBTS.

Then, for many, it turned to a bit of disgust on the part of many posters when pictures of the box set were added.

Now designer Derrick J. Wyatt, comments on the duo on his blog, 'A Delightful Tedium'.

I wouldn't rush to judgment on the Jetfire and Jetstorm figures yet. Those are some pretty terrible pictures that are out there right now. The pictures I saw way back of the grey prototypes looked really good. And yes, of course they have hands! In both robot modes! The promo pics are just mistransformed. Once they are properly transformed and posed out, they should look pretty cool.

Does this news make you feel a bit more encouraged, or do you think Mr. Wyatt is saying this to support his current paycheck producers. Let us know below!

Credit(s): Derrick Wyatt

Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802127)
Posted by Flashwave on October 3rd, 2008 @ 4:07pm CDT
I'm not surprised they are misformed. But there isn't a lot of meat on the arms to wor with judging by ALL the pictures. Did we have these debates when the wingless G2 Starscream was put out?
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802130)
Posted by Tekka on October 3rd, 2008 @ 4:09pm CDT
We shall see, though I don't know how mis-transformed they could have been.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802131)
Posted by ayenlou on October 3rd, 2008 @ 4:10pm CDT
I asked Derrick J. Wyatt that question... How come I don't get credit for asking him that question? O_O
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802137)
Posted by robofreak on October 3rd, 2008 @ 4:14pm CDT
This is why I was defending these molds. I'm going to buy them and if I end up liking them more then I'll get another set for customizing.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802139)
Posted by Nightwalker on October 3rd, 2008 @ 4:15pm CDT
So why don't show the better pictures?? It's just an idea....
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802143)
Posted by Agent 007 on October 3rd, 2008 @ 4:18pm CDT
it's gonna take a lot of changes to change how I feel about them.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802153)
Posted by dragons on October 3rd, 2008 @ 4:29pm CDT
show us more pictures pictures of the back package and ill pass my judgement then.

but for right now 1 out of 10 1 its in the buying stage form me unitl i see more pictures & pictures of the back package to be sure yeah they look werrid but like how they look if the hands thing is true after.

look at ben stillers character in mystery men hes a hotheaded jerk, strait forward answers alot of times heh reminds me of myself but he has freinds in the movie/teammates that respect appreciate him no matter how he is kinda like these guys here i suppose.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802155)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 3rd, 2008 @ 4:31pm CDT
It's a sigh of relief for sure, but I'm still not thrilled about them.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802168)
Posted by Overcracker on October 3rd, 2008 @ 4:49pm CDT
O.K. I can maybe buy that there may be hands inside the nose cone pieces for the individual robots.

But there's no way those leg/arms are going to improve just by having a fist or fingers pop out at the ankle. They'll still look over-sized, and I can't really see anything there that would fold up back or out of the way to make them look less like legs.

Not to mention the other defects they have, that won;t actually be removed by correctly transforming them. *cough*-combined jet mode-*cough*
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802172)
Posted by Powersa on October 3rd, 2008 @ 4:54pm CDT
Actual toys will look better than the stock photos? Well that's news to me.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802183)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on October 3rd, 2008 @ 5:04pm CDT
I wonder how much Hasbro payed him to say that.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802212)
Posted by Robot4762 on October 3rd, 2008 @ 5:47pm CDT
Powersa wrote:Actual toys will look better than the stock photos? Well that's news to me.

Yes, That is wierd
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802220)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 3rd, 2008 @ 6:03pm CDT
Mistransformed? I don't think there is a way to transform that into something cool.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802221)
Posted by shortround on October 3rd, 2008 @ 6:04pm CDT
I think both to encourage us as transformers buyers and to support the guys who write his paycheck, because this guy might have a stake in weather these figures are hit or miss and hasbro has been taking alot of hits in the quality control department as well as some of there odd design idea as of late.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802225)
Posted by Sledge on October 3rd, 2008 @ 6:10pm CDT
I, in turn, wouldn't put too much faith in early prototypes. The early prototypes for Masterpiece Starscream were friggin' awesome. Then some prat decided to screw the whole thing up.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802228)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 3rd, 2008 @ 6:14pm CDT
What's wrong with those figures goes way beyond them not having hands. They're just bad designs. I can't imagine ANY way they could be transformed differently that would make them more appealing.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802261)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 3rd, 2008 @ 7:02pm CDT
I kinda like these, they are like the pretender inner robots or the autobot clones back in the 80s...
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802315)
Posted by zero-kaiser on October 3rd, 2008 @ 7:56pm CDT
bumblebeerocks wrote:

Yes, That is wierd

lol!! good lord... surely even a photographer would notice somethings not quite right there...
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802318)
Posted by Senor Hugo on October 3rd, 2008 @ 8:00pm CDT
Just how mistranformed can they be? They may have hands, but adding in hands doesn't turn a pile of crap into a Mona Lisa of plastic.

If they guy did design them, and he's trying to save his job by saying "hey they're mistransformed, please buy them"

I should remind everyone about the creator of the Virtual Boy Gunpei Yoko

If it's someones job to design something that is pleasing to the eye, something that people will buy. And we get something the exact opposite, should we still buy it just because someone said "oh, it may look like crap there, but if you do this this and this to it, it looks good?"

Or should we not buy it and just demand better designs and product from the people we give our money to as consumers?
Re: Derrick Wyatt Talks About TFA Jetfire And Jetstorm Toys (802320)
Posted by Zeds on October 3rd, 2008 @ 8:06pm CDT
Mistransformed or not if I think of the figures I throw up just a little bit more. The colours leave something to be desired as well.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Bluestreak - Custom Nonnef Upgrade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG - (TW4) Wave 4 War for Cybertron: Siege II Omega Supreme Tank" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 C COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 A COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY