Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set

Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set

Monday, April 9th, 2018 10:34pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,370

We recently wrote of the possibility of Takara recalling some Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy (RID Omega Prime) sets in Japan. Due to the high price tag for a toy may fans already have in one way or another, not many had experienced this rerelease to know exactly what was wrong with it. And fans who were saving for this set or wondering if they should get it were left confused as to what might be wrong and if it was still worth getting it.

Well, fellow Seibertronian megamanfan wrote down all the issues this rerelease has, from experience with the toy. So, if anyone is still wondering if this is worth getting and what the fuss is all about, here are the words from megamanfan:

megamanfan wrote:i got mine a few days ago. here's some problems I've encountered:

1: prime's cab doesn't fit together perfectly. the arm panels are actually to blame for this, they're slightly warped and don't sit flush with the top of the truck.
2: one missile really, REALLY likes to fire off even if you don't touch it.
3: the panel that covers the hole the combined mode head leaves behind doesn't sit flush, in either combined or vehicle mode.
4: UM's hands don't peg into prime's without sanding them down first.
5: plastic quality in prime's vehicle back end feels... off. if you try to move the ladder ,it bends the connection points between pieces. not in a way that permanently damages it, but enough to cause worry
6: prime's legs leave a small gap in the cab when in vehicle mode.
7: the pieces that are screwed together to make prime's base shoulders don't line up with each other.
8: some of the plastic parts on UM split along the seams, where they'd normally be glued to held together. he still holds together and transforms fine, but it's worth mentioning.

I haven't tested the electronics because I didn't care about putting in batteries.
now, a few things to note:

1: the plastic quality overall feels good. a few parts seem worrying, but they'll likely disconnect before breaking.
2: paint is good
3: the joints are all solid, and i found not a single one that needed tightening.
4: everything still transforms and combines perfectly fine.

Transformers News: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set

Credit(s): megamanfan

Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1951998)
Posted by william-james88 on April 9th, 2018 @ 11:44pm CDT
Holy Shit, someone just posted this on our facebook page:

Just FYI: Yeap, there was product recall email sent out last Friday by Hasbro Singapore to all Singapore retailers. The recall was due to IC Chip Issue, but there was more than that. You can go to Amazon Japan and see their product feedback on this item. 69% of the feedback is 1 star. Amazon Japan has stopped selling this item.

More detail about product recall. Takara Tomy will issue official statement on April 11. Customer can return this product on voluntary basis, by no later than April 20. No replacement will be offered.

Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952002)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on April 10th, 2018 @ 12:43am CDT
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952003)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 10th, 2018 @ 12:50am CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:So being recalled.... would that up the value if you held on to it? Or would it be known as a lemon.... and worth less in the long run? I have the original RiD release; but the non-chrome and sword are tempting.

No, yes, wait for the fixed release.
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952016)
Posted by Emerje on April 10th, 2018 @ 3:42am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

No, yes, wait for the fixed release.

If they aren't offering a replacement they may not be planing a fix. I'm going to keep mine, mainly because it would cost a lot to ship it back to Japan and I doubt AmiAmi would refund the shipping costs here or back. In the end I'll have spent nearly as much on all the shipping as the set itself cost.

If they do offer it again with everything fixed I'll probably just buy it a second time... [-( We'll see what they have to say today.

Emerje
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952036)
Posted by Evil Eye on April 10th, 2018 @ 8:10am CDT
Egads, what a colossal cock-up. A shame, I kinda wanted this set to replace my knackered old childhood figures. Guess that puts the kibosh on that idea.
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952043)
Posted by william-james88 on April 10th, 2018 @ 8:41am CDT
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952044)
Posted by optimeow on April 10th, 2018 @ 8:43am CDT
I just got mine. Have not opened. Not sure what to do now :( :( :(

I foresee TT releasing it down the road with fewer sound effects because this edition has more than the original.

Don’t see much improvements to QC because I have dozens of TFs modified over the years due to QC issues. Even my 1988 Made in Japan Takara God Jinrai had QC issues back then.
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952061)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 10th, 2018 @ 11:46am CDT
Yeah I don't see Takara putting out a fixed version. First, from the statement it seems like their main concern is a sound issue. Second, it would cost way too much to make the adjustments at the factory to fix the issues with the mold and/or the quality of the plastics used.
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952071)
Posted by ScottyP on April 10th, 2018 @ 12:56pm CDT
I'm glad I didn't care about this one, but it's a real bummer regardless. If they did something like this set with Armada Prime + Jetfire + Overload or Cybertron Prime + Wing Saber + Leobreaker and it turned out to be a mess of stressed joints and mold flash I'd be crushed!
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952081)
Posted by Emerje on April 10th, 2018 @ 1:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Interesting, the recall might actually not be aout the QC problems but instead about licensing problems with sound clips. That would mean that there will be a lot less on the market, especially with these sounds, so this toy might become a rare collectable if Takararecalls and destroys al the copies they get a hold of.

I thought they re-recorded all of the audio? They even showed those pictures of Satoshi Hashimoto's recording session. I wonder what the specific audio issue could be?

Emerje
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952091)
Posted by william-james88 on April 10th, 2018 @ 2:12pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Could be just sound effects from the original show.
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952094)
Posted by ScottyP on April 10th, 2018 @ 2:55pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Could be just sound effects from the original show.
In the US, the only true "recalls" are for safety concerns. Through that lens, could be a wiring issue or some other fire hazard with the chip. If it isn't that, idk ask Tyler Durden or something.
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952107)
Posted by Seibertron on April 10th, 2018 @ 4:01pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Could be just sound effects from the original show.

If licensing problems are the real issue, which I somehow doubt, it seems like it'd be cheaper to just pay the licensing fees or whatever the damages are then recalling the entire product. Though I could be absolutely wrong about that!
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952114)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 10th, 2018 @ 4:45pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Could be just sound effects from the original show.

If it was licensing I highly doubt the set would have been released with the sounds promised to begin with. We'll find out tomorrow what's really behind the recall from TakaraTomy themselves.

On the subject of TakaraTomy responding to QC, anybody remember Go! Jinbu? TakaraTomy put a notice on the subject of Jinbu's misassembly, good from them, but I don't remember if there was a voluntary recall.
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952133)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 10th, 2018 @ 7:52pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Could be just sound effects from the original show.

I believe there was a voluntary recall on Jinbu. Mine was delayed getting to me by the seller because he sent it back to get fixed, then sent it to me when it was returned. I'm sure the wiki knows for sure though.
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952134)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 10th, 2018 @ 8:04pm CDT
voluntary recall? like all of you are going to return a potentially rare and collectable figure :lol:
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952150)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 10th, 2018 @ 9:59pm CDT
From Amazon Japan

"My individual, like the others, had a voice difference between the Vulcan and the laser, and it was not possible to shake hands when uniting. I heard that there are more Hydoy individuals, so I think that I am still better."

"Like other reviews, Magnus's voice is reversed and the hinge's tightness is really the worst. If you contact a customer, it is obviously bad, but let me deposit it and let me inspect it. It will take 3-4 weeks! ! I was disappointed that it was not correspondence of expensive items. I think I will return a refund to Amazon."

"It is an opinion as a person who does not have an old fire convoy ... No, it is not bad

, the strength of the left and right ankle of fire convoy is different, right ankle is too loose and it turns at once.

And the extreme is an image. The hole and the petch for placing the parts of Transmain are opposite to each other, that is, the same shape was attached, which

makes it impossible to become a Fire Fire God. If it is just an ankle, I will consider whether I will allow it yet, but this is a little. I am very sorry to just want it because I wanted it. I will apply for returns or exchanges even tomorrow"

"The thing that arrived at us was not such a terrible individual, and the painting and molding were also beautiful at the level where it can be deformed normally.
However, even if "handshake" is forcibly pushed in, it can not be done, or the head at the time of coalescence does not fit nicely and floats.
Well it is a level that I manage to some extent on my own. I do not think any premise is to add a product with a price of 30,000 fixed price, but I'm accustomed to Takara Tomy ... It's sweat

, but a mistake in voice at God Magnus! I can not defend this alone!
When weapons are set in God Magnus, the sounds sound, but the two patterns of sounds activated by recombination are opposite to the notation of the manual. It is not a misprint of instruction manual, but a mistake of voice. This is impossible with self.
It can be seen quite a lot of people, but on the contrary if there are few normal people ...?
At that time I raised the price greatly from the goods and I can not convince the selling point which appealed extensively at this, and I think that it is not worth the price even if the state is good unless it is firm here.

How does Takara Tomy respond? Like the MPM Optimus roof, does it say that it is a specification? I think that it is described in the instruction manual and I can not say that I can not escape ... I
will watch for correspondence for the time being. I do not want you to stop the flow of commercialization of the reprinted version made here, so I would like to face the kitchen and prepare for the future."

"It is too bad compared to the old version. Bali is terrible and hip joint clicks are not decent. Magnus's voice is also reversed. Even though the price is higher than the old version. It is better to buy second hand if you can find second hand. I want you to secure quality before adding new voice. It is disappointing because I was looking forward enough to reserve it as soon as I started booking."

" Although the completion degree of Gotfire convoy was expensive, there
are some defective parts
① Firecomboy Vehicle mode can not be deformed
② Got Magnus electric garage reverse "

"It is certainly a commodity with a price of about 30,000, which is out of the question such as putting it at the lowest quality so far.
It is not that you should postpone the release so much that you should
never resell it as a terrible thing so far ... The sound of God Magnus in the previous review is not proportional to individual differences as it seems to be in every product.
Compared to the old version of my own, the right leg of the main body of the convoy was distorted first, it was not deformable.
Furthermore, the matrix cover only opens up to 90 degrees, the cover turns white.
The neck is not properly aligned with the ball joint, and the neck of the convoy is caught at the time of deformation.
Even in Magnus, the head of Godfire convoy was not hooked on the ball joint and could not be stored."

"As purchasers here say, it is full of troubles.
I did not try speech on my own individuals, but before that I could not become a Fire Fire God. Arm parts of super fire convoy, parts to connect front and rear of car body parts are different on the left and right, but the board parts with all parts, the board with the fist ball joint are the same on the left and right Because of the plate, the notch for joining with the front part of the car body was misaligned up and down and could not be joined.
Also, many of them are told, but clicks of the hip joints, perhaps both of them are left.
I could not shake hands the first one to become a Godfire convoy. "

"I just bought one but it seems to be faulty comp.
"Left ankle diagonal", "anomaly of click joint" and "reverse voice" all seemed to be applicable.
Others

· Super fire convoy head does not move obliquely.
 When looking inside, the ball joint was poorly shaped, and the ball bearing was broken by impossible screw stopper.
· The ladder is distorted, the bottom side, side does not follow the inside ladder.
· The panel of the chest matrix does not open halfway and it bleaches.
· The thighs of God Magnus are reversed (The official pictures are also reverse, so subtle?)
· You can not coalesce handshake."

"There are a lot of interfering parts, do not get fucked well. I felt compassion to a certain extent that it was the fate of Transformers Toy and so on.
However, it is a
voice that can not be satisfied in myself if it can not be convinced even if doing according to the instruction manual .
The weapon of Got Magnus is a beam on the right and the Vulcan on the left, but
this is the only thing that turns the sound into the opposite direction.

I
wonder if you did not really do inspections or final checks or something? I doubt it.
I will also contact customer service and I will keep it on Amazon. "

So based on the majority of compalints

1. GM's SFX are f'cked up
2. Neck problems with Super Fireconvoy
3. No hand shake or can't do the handshake
4. Reversed Thighs for GM
5. Matrix cover too tight
6. Fireconvoy can't be fully transformed
7. Joint issues or broken joints
8. Alignment issues
9. Issue with the Fireconvoy "boots"
10. Not worth the price of headaches!

So there are no licensing issues or anything. Just a slag hitting the proverbial fan and the JP customers/consumers are really voicing their outrage. In JP, you lose face and you lose everything!

Really one big cluster f'ck on Takara. Btw, is this made in Vietnam or India now?

Anyone selling the Sword? I'm interested!
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952157)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 10th, 2018 @ 11:37pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
(...)

1. GM's SFX are f'cked up
2. Neck problems with Super Fireconvoy
3. No hand shake or can't do the handshake
4. Reversed Thighs for GM
5. Matrix cover too tight
6. Fireconvoy can't be fully transformed
7. Joint issues or broken joints
8. Alignment issues
9. Issue with the Fireconvoy "boots"
10. Not worth the price of headaches!

India's new to me, but I don't think location is a main factor in this. The warping, alignment, tolerance... the molds must be in really bad shape. The sounds being incorrectly programmed... who is usually in charge of the electronics?
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952170)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 11th, 2018 @ 3:03am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
(...)

1. GM's SFX are f'cked up
2. Neck problems with Super Fireconvoy
3. No hand shake or can't do the handshake
4. Reversed Thighs for GM
5. Matrix cover too tight
6. Fireconvoy can't be fully transformed
7. Joint issues or broken joints
8. Alignment issues
9. Issue with the Fireconvoy "boots"
10. Not worth the price of headaches!

Someone O D'd on Sake most probably :lol:

Seriously though, this was announced waaaaaaaay back in 2013.Feels like a rushed job on Takara's part. As one of the Amazon JP purchasers mentioned, all the bling is for naught if QC wasn't maintained. Kinda similar to the videogame industry, the rush to make the next deadline in order to impress the investors......gaaah! Leads to a very sloppy results.

Reason why I asked if it's Vietnam or India, I kinda heard somewhere that India might be the next hub for manufacture. Maybe the transition of locale affected the result? Though the sound chip encoding is quite baffling indeed.

I'll still support Takara and Hb and thank my fortune I have the original sans the sword............Y 30000 is nothing to sneeze at.

P.S. Seems like Amiami pulled out their stocks already.
Re: Description of Issues with the Takara Transformers Encore God Fire Convoy Set (1952227)
Posted by Knightsword on April 11th, 2018 @ 1:49pm CDT
The recall rumor was retracted the same day by the same people that posted it initially.
https://tformers.com/encore-god-fire-co ... /news.html

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY