Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy

Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy

Thursday, April 8th, 2021 9:43am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,324

One of the most discussed Transformers toys rumoured to come out this year is Terrorsaur. Some people have supposedly seen the toy and some descriptions of what they saw are leaking across the web. We won't reveal the source here but we will share what we read. What you will see below is a description of an image, so there is no sense of scale.

I've seen a pic of Terrorsaur, looks pretty good for an Airrazor retool

Pteranadon mode looks good to me, with the concession that like most TFs with jet/aerial modes it looks best from the top.

He looks decent in botmode, a bit sleek maybe, and the wings on the back are quite off model but will probably not be an issue when you have the figure in hand.

It looks like he has a faux chest piece made to look like the back of the Pteranadon so they didn't have to reorient the transformation scheme.

I'd say on the whole it's the Botmode that's compromised (and only barely) which was the right choice as Terrorsaur's onscreen transformation involved CGI magic...

Can't tell size from the images I've seen, but a pretty significant re-tool.

From what I can tell the major shared parts are the lower legs the forearms and potentially some of the internal skeleton/structure.

Head(s), wings, chest, waist, feet etc all look to have new sculpting

Pteranadon head (articulated opening mouth) on the back in botmode, and what looks like a faux chest that remains the chest in Pteranadon mode.
Wings are tip down (not upside down like the OG toy).

Transformers News: Description of Upcoming Beast Wars Terrorsaur Toy

Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100943)
Posted by concrusher792 on April 8th, 2021 @ 9:48am CDT
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100945)
Posted by o.supreme on April 8th, 2021 @ 9:55am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Tidalwave deserves his own mold. Commander being the best class for him.

Obviously as Combiners and City-Bots are my favorite, there seems to be two distinct camps on Tidalwave. I fall into the CC line as well. It's in no way an attempt to diminish this character. I think he would make an amazing CC toy. But a lot of hardcore Armada fans really want a Titan, not sure why. The only time in fiction he was ever depicted at that size was in the PS2 game, and that was more of an anomaly. Also his very first darkened silhouette appearance in Armada definitely seemed like he was a gigantic bot, but turned out to be a "bigger-than-average" bot throughout Armada & Energon until reformatted into boat-guy (can't remember his name).
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100946)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 8th, 2021 @ 10:01am CDT
o.supreme wrote:But a lot of hardcore Armada fans really want a Titan, not sure why. The only time in fiction he was ever depicted at that size was in the PS2 game, and that was more of an anomaly.

o.supreme wrote:until reformatted into boat-guy (can't remember his name).
Mirage
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100947)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on April 8th, 2021 @ 10:08am CDT
concrusher792 wrote:So my personal theory of Terror being an Airazor retool is seemingly confirmed. It just made too much sense for them not to.

I said that too once I had Airazor in hand. I could literally see the Terrorsaur figure you could make from the design. Figured Terrorsaur would be a heavy retool, or at least, share engineering. Much like how 1rst ed TF-Prime Optimus and the first Studio Series Optimus share engineering. Though I didn't expect a faux chest. :-?

I got utterly poo-poo'd for stating that opinion though.

That being said, still rumor until revealed, so could just be a made up story.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100948)
Posted by Switchback on April 8th, 2021 @ 10:17am CDT
We won't reveal the source here but we will share what we read.

...because we are too churlish to publicly admit it is a User on a different Fandom Forum, eh?
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100949)
Posted by o.supreme on April 8th, 2021 @ 10:17am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:A lot people LOVED the PS2 game

Oh wow...that is news to me. I bought it brand new. Still have it to this day, but never really liked it. I didn't have kids of my own when it came out, but I let several of my friends' kids play it who would have been the right demographic, and none of them really liked it, said it was "too hard". I seem to recall getting some cheat codes to finish the game, and never playing it again. Also, I'm not saying this is a better game, but I paid quite a bit to import the Japanese PS2 game. I know in terms of function it is not nearly as smooth, (and got terrible reviews) but I found it way more enjoyable, and finished it 4 times through on my own (2x as Autobots, and 2x as Decepticons) to unlock all the characters.

That is definitely a head-scratcher that something that many people today don't even know exists, could be the definitive version of a character. But then again, I like a lot of obscure things as well.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100950)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 8th, 2021 @ 10:19am CDT
What about a CC beast wars tidal wave with the whale alternate mode instead? :HEADHURTS: hahahaha just kidding
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100951)
Posted by First-Aid on April 8th, 2021 @ 10:20am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:until reformatted into boat-guy (can't remember his name).
Mirage

Actually, I'm kinda fond of Boat-guy. I shall, forever more, refer to him as Boat-guy.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100952)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 8th, 2021 @ 10:20am CDT
A leader class torca in the far future would be pretty cool though
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100953)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 8th, 2021 @ 10:22am CDT
Switchback wrote:
We won't reveal the source here but we will share what we read.

I see you're a proud owner of a large trampoline with all that jumping to conclusions :-?
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100954)
Posted by Notimus Crime on April 8th, 2021 @ 10:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:A lot people LOVED the PS2 game and see that nigh-unstoppable juggernaut as their definitive Tidal Wave instead of the silly lamebrain version from the cartoon.

Yeah the PS2 game was my first exposure to Armada as a kid, and making it through that level only to find out the level itself was a Transformer was so awesome. It was REALLY weird to find out he was only larger than average and not colossal in the cartoon. If I were to ever want to get a tidal wave (which I'm dubious about, despite that experience I still don't care that much about the character) I would want it to be a titan for that reason. Although I'm probably not going to be getting a hypothetical Tidal Wave either way commanders and titans are outside of my transformers budget (commanders are more attainable, I got close to getting siege Jetfire but decided I wanted to use that $80 for other things).
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100956)
Posted by TulioDude on April 8th, 2021 @ 10:35am CDT
Armada fans rise up!

Edit:This description of Terrorsaur is not enough for me to form an opinion.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100958)
Posted by william-james88 on April 8th, 2021 @ 11:15am CDT
Switchback wrote:
We won't reveal the source here but we will share what we read.

Nope, it's because we were once asked by users from other forums not to bring about attention to them. If whoever wrote these wants to be properly credited, they can send me a private message cofirming as such and it will be done :)
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100959)
Posted by Gearslide on April 8th, 2021 @ 11:18am CDT

Sometimes he's as big as a Titan, like in the game or IDW or that one Pirates story deal from FunPub. Sometimes he's just a "Jetfire" sized bot, like the majority of Armada.

It also doesn't help that he starts of Enormous originally in Armada then slowly shrinks to fit the cast, then becomes huge again in Energon, but not as huge as he originally was...

Dude does turn into a fleet of Ships, and that's pretty similar to Omega Supreme's whole deal, and he's a Titan class figure...
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100960)
Posted by aronjlove on April 8th, 2021 @ 11:20am CDT
Gearslide wrote:A big (Ha) problem with Tidal Wave's size is just the crazy variations in different depictions.

Now I remember, he was the one in the IDW run that was a big whale.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100961)
Posted by Autobot N on April 8th, 2021 @ 11:20am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Switchback wrote:
We won't reveal the source here but we will share what we read.

Yeah, IIRC, the guy who posted this specific thing doesn't like having his name plastered to his leaks on other websites.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100963)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 8th, 2021 @ 11:31am CDT
Gearslide wrote:

In all logic, Tidalwave would be somewhat in scale with Generations deluxes and voyager as a titan for his "biggest" appearances. He would still need his own mold and the Ark is the last titan for a loooooooooooog while.

Maybe a 500$ third party figure?
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100964)
Posted by Switchback on April 8th, 2021 @ 11:34am CDT
Razorbeast88 wrote:
Switchback wrote:
We won't reveal the source here but we will share what we read.

william-james88 wrote:
Switchback wrote:
We won't reveal the source here but we will share what we read.

Fair do's. Seems it's purportedly Between-sites Leaker protection protocols but given the internet propensity for "I made this" syndrome, I think side-eyeing lack of at least user name crediting is still worth questioning.
Enjoy your own bounce, Razorbeast! ;)
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100965)
Posted by blackeyedprime on April 8th, 2021 @ 11:38am CDT
william-james88 wrote:To be honest he's not really show or toy accurate, but you can tell the team at Hasbro have done their best within the retool budget allowed.

Uh? Terrorsaurs got about 8 toys that can be done out of him so dunno why he'd be reduced to a retooling budget. Surely Airrazo has less variants possible (unless they are doing one as a robin in a batman collab).
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Kingdom Terrorsaur Toy (2100966)
Posted by o.supreme on April 8th, 2021 @ 12:25pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:Armada fans rise up!

To rise up against something, would indicate you are being oppressed. Who hurt you bro?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC Autobot HUFFER Deluxe 5in Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Kre-o Transformers Optimus Prime Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Dragstrip - incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime (Incomplete) Body" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Prowl Toy + 2 Kreons  Brand New and Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus Complete w/ Alpha Trion Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG17 Blackarachnia complete" on EBAY