Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster

Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster

Thursday, October 28th, 2021 12:25am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 62,485

There are a few descriptions of the upcoming Transformers Legacy commander Motormaster toy and we will sum up what we have found online. This is from people who claim they saw the instructions and we recommend you take it with a grain of salt. Here is a summary of the different points written:

It will be a cab and trailer.
Motormaster himself will be the cab.
The Trailer becomes the frame for all the components to attach and combine.
The cars making the arms clip on while the legs are hollow rectangles for the cars to slide into, filling out the holes.
The trailer also becomes a base/turret for Motormaster to use when not combined. This is an homage to the G1 toy where Motormaster himself became a base.
The result will be less clean/smooth than the G1 character model of Menasor even though the look is overall similar.

Transformers News: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster

This article was last modified on Thursday, October 28th, 2021 5:54pm CDT

Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119758)
Posted by King Kuuga on October 28th, 2021 @ 2:12am CDT
Motormaster himself sounds cool but I'm more inclined to just get upgrades for my CW kit because I don't like this mode of combination.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119759)
Posted by cloudballoon on October 28th, 2021 @ 2:19am CDT
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119761)
Posted by Mistaken_Table on October 28th, 2021 @ 4:28am CDT

Boy do I love oddly-shaped shelves...
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119763)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 28th, 2021 @ 6:50am CDT
Mistaken_Table wrote:So Hasbro's taking cues from the KO companies and not actually doing a combiner.

Boy do I love oddly-shaped shelves...

You don't have to like it, but it's as much a combiner as anything. G1 combiners had kibble, and it's even using part of the alt-mode.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119764)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 28th, 2021 @ 7:17am CDT
If they are emulating 3P companies, then Hasbro's using them exactly as they should, IMO. Siege Magnus kept screaming "City Commander" at me the whole time I first transformed him, and was a better toy for the unofficial R&D. At least these official Stunticons should scale better than that Third party team.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119765)
Posted by william-james88 on October 28th, 2021 @ 8:08am CDT

Boy do I love oddly-shaped shelves...

Many bots come together to make a big bot, it's a combiner.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119767)
Posted by sol magnus on October 28th, 2021 @ 8:19am CDT
cloudballoon wrote:So, like the newer 3P then? No surprise there. But at the cost of a Commmander + 4 DLX, it's similar (if not more than) in price to the KO of an early 3P Bruticus. Made by Machine Boy iirc? Hasbro better design something much better than that to be competitive.

I'll never get over the idea that the company that owns the IP has to "compete" with some group of randos.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119769)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 28th, 2021 @ 8:38am CDT
william-james88 wrote:There are a few descriptions of the upcoming Transformers Legacy commander Motormaster toy...

So if this is true, the combined mode will be the height of Siege Jetfire as opposed to the CW combiner which is the height of a leader?
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119770)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 28th, 2021 @ 8:40am CDT
sol magnus wrote:

Always why I felt a lot of 3p were wasting their talents when if they could do their own ip, then they would be true competitors.

As it stands I always thought the G1 toon depiction of menasor just wearing the team on top of his robot limbs was very silly (and i could never understand why it was only him portrayed this way) so this will be a pass for me.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119773)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 28th, 2021 @ 8:57am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

It's very hard and very expensive to launch new IP. I have a lot of respect for what Unrustables was trying to do, but I doubt it's considered a successful model. Hasbro is worth $13B, they don't have to worry about competing with 3P, and it would be madness for unlicensed toymakers to think that way.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119774)
Posted by sol magnus on October 28th, 2021 @ 9:03am CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

It's not what the companies think or don't think that chaps my a--. It's the customers.

I've purchased my fair share of 3P figures (although I'm mainly into upgrade kits, which I feel is fair game), but at no time do I think 'I'm not getting the Hasbro version, I'm getting the XTranCUBEWuKFC version over that. Sure, free marketplace and everything, but I grew up in the time when Diaclones were considered knock-offs (lol).
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119775)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 28th, 2021 @ 9:06am CDT

Next up? Probably Generations Tarn. Hasbro has already made him available to their licensing partners that make non-transforming robots, and he's going to be in Cyberverse, so it's only a matter of time.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119776)
Posted by Mistaken_Table on October 28th, 2021 @ 9:09am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Boy do I love oddly-shaped shelves...

Many bots come together to make a big bot, it's a combiner.

If its like the KOs, the trailer IS the big bot and the 5 vehicles are decoration/gap-fillers. Its a shelf.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119777)
Posted by sol magnus on October 28th, 2021 @ 9:10am CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I do think there are a few other interesting trends where Hasbro is clearly following the unlicensed market. The Centurion accessory pack, Earthrise Quintesson figures, SS86 Starscream's throne, all of these had clear antecedents from these toymakers. If Motormaster and Menasor deliver as rumored, they'll be the latest examples, not a new event.

That's a good thing. If nothing else, the 3P toymakers should inform Hasbro from a design perspective. I take nothing away from 3P for that.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119778)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 28th, 2021 @ 9:13am CDT
sol magnus wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

I'm generally hostile to so-called 3P, but the more I read on the subject, the more I'm convinced that original toy designs based on Hasbro's IP are probably legally permissable while still ethically wrong. I picked up a 3P Huffer years ago because he was the only minibot I didn't like in Generations, but I could never bear to open it, and Kingdom Huffer has made it unnecessary. I do get the occasionally Nonnef pack, though.

Personally, it's not my scene, but if that's something people like, that's for them. I'd rather have cheaper, generally more reliable mass market figures than premium priced stuff with questionable quality control, but that's just me. Maybe some would see me as a Hasbro shill, but I like what they do and I like their products, so they get my money.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119779)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 28th, 2021 @ 9:15am CDT
Mistaken_Table wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Boy do I love oddly-shaped shelves...

Many bots come together to make a big bot, it's a combiner.

That's still a combiner tho
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119780)
Posted by sol magnus on October 28th, 2021 @ 9:20am CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

Yeah, I've had that charge leveled at me as well, but the hobby is the hobby. The 3P figures I've gotten were gap fillers - IE there was no Takara version available - in Masterpiece for favorite characters. When Hasbro did one, then I would still get it.

Anyway, we're derailing - even though it started as relevant due to the Stunticons possibly being 3p-ish. I say, wait it out and see what they actually did rather than judge it based on conjecture. I saw Combiner Wars Menasor in a shop yesterday, and I'm sorry - but he sucks. I wouldn't get him before we knew anything about Legacy, and I still couldn't plunk down my money on him yesterday even for temporaries. So, I will wait and see what the Legacy version does, but I can't see it being worse than Menasor from Combiner Wars.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119781)
Posted by o.supreme on October 28th, 2021 @ 9:24am CDT
I've not purchased any 3P mostly because my patience with Hasbro/TT eventually pays off and they make the character I want for my collection. My only regret right now is the FT SaurusRyuOh. Because we have no idea when Hasbro/TT will ever get to Dinoking and Monstructor. Also if you thought getting older official product was difficult. Getting older 3P is just ridiculously expensive and hard to obtain unless the item was considered just bad overall.

Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119782)
Posted by sol magnus on October 28th, 2021 @ 9:29am CDT
o.supreme wrote:It is nice I guess, when they do unique characters, but I don't need 6 different takes on Devastator, Superion and Menasor. Probably part of the reason why, as much as I love combiners, I feet a lack of creativity at Hasbro doing the Stunticons again as opposed to a Combiner team that hasn't been updated yet.

Menasor is bad, man. Objectively bad. They needed to correct that one. However, the jury is out on whether it'll be better or not. We shall see.
Re: Description of Upcoming Transformers Legacy Commander Motormaster (2119783)
Posted by o.supreme on October 28th, 2021 @ 9:38am CDT
Oh I totally understand why a lot of fans weren't thrilled with CW/UW Menasor. But in my collection with 20+ other combiners of similar composition,he doesn't stand out as horrible.

Likely because we have engineering advanced 7 years, Legacy Menasor will be better from a technical standpoint, and anyone new to collecting will probably want to get it. But I'm fine with what I have.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return MINDWIPE & VORATH Deluxe Headmaster Opened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Decepticon Blitzwing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Legends Class Rumble/Frenzy Incomplete #RIBFIR" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Brainstorm  ----- Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Laserbeak" on EBAY