Transformers News: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord

Saturday, November 18th, 2017 11:55PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 14,250

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath sent us some scans of the newly released Japanese Transformers Generations book which feature some lovely detailed sketches of the finished models for the recent leaders Overlord and Sixshot. While this book is for Japanese audiences, the artwork for Overlord seems to be specific to the Hasbro release since only one Titan Master is shown as becoming a face and the technical drawing indicates the possibility of filling out his chest holes with Titan Masters. The image of Skyshadow in no way confirms that Takara has plans for him and is there to show how that design compares with the Overlord design. Of course, the Takara version of Overlord mostly remains the same from the Hasbro version, mold-wise, so these drawings cover the bulk of the design for both releases.

These technical drawings appear to be very close to the final products indicating that these are very near to the last phase of product design, right before the next phase involving the physical construction of the mold. These drawings show us how much Takara is involved with the design process of all Transformers toys, regardless of which company they will be released under.

The scans were found on 北马伊斯力's Weibo page.

Transformers News: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends/Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord

Credit(s): 北马伊斯力's Weibo page

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922622)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on November 19th, 2017 @ 9:39am CST
Awesome line work! With the exception of the fists,it almost looks like they design the character model without toy engineering in mind. Would love to see a Transformers sketchbook someday-character bible or toy design.
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922625)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 19th, 2017 @ 10:17am CST
There's also one for Trypticon too:

Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922645)
Posted by Seibertron on November 19th, 2017 @ 12:57pm CST
Twitter user Shin @ transformer Four Mania (@singgg4) posted a quick tweet regarding the upcoming Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai set. In his tweet, Shin wrote that he received a notification that the set would be delayed by one week. According to the information he posted, it looks like the set will come out on December 2nd, 2017 instead of its previous release date. The Transformers Legends LG-EX God Ginrai set includes Super Ginrai, God Bomber and additional Headmasters for Minerva and Cab. Super Ginrai and God Bomber merge together to form God Ginrai.

This set is still available for pre-order from several of Seibertron.com's advertisers including TheChosenPrime, TFsource and BigBadToyStore. If you're in Japan, you can order this set from Takara Tomy Mall for ¥17,280 (~$155 USD). Pictures from previous news stories can be viewed below.

Are you excited about LG-EX God Ginrai? Share your thoughts about this set on our forum!

Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922647)
Posted by Emerje on November 19th, 2017 @ 1:14pm CST

Emerje
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922649)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 19th, 2017 @ 1:21pm CST
Emerje wrote:Only slightly annoying. We've waited this long, another week isn't going to kill any of us.

Emerje

Oh yeah?

*dies*
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922663)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 19th, 2017 @ 2:38pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:

Emerje

Oh yeah?

*dies*

There's always one in every crowd :roll:

But delayed by a week isn't really that bad, usually it's 3 weeks to a month AFAIK.
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922674)
Posted by Insurgent on November 19th, 2017 @ 5:05pm CST
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922691)
Posted by nycPrime on November 19th, 2017 @ 7:07pm CST
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922699)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 19th, 2017 @ 7:30pm CST
That's one more week for me to save my money. I want it, but I'm in no desperate hurry for it.
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922718)
Posted by Emerje on November 19th, 2017 @ 8:58pm CST
nycPrime wrote:I'm leaning toward picking up LG-52 Misfire. I've used Anime Export exclusively, but that's no longer an option. What's the next best option with the other import sites? Especially considering quality of service since I assume price is more or less the same.

Here's the three I deal with most:

AmiAmi - 3,040JPY
HLJ - 3,200JPY (pre-sold out)
Hobby Search - 3,400JPY

All have great customer service and similar shipping costs.

Emerje
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922726)
Posted by nycPrime on November 19th, 2017 @ 9:48pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Here's the three I deal with most:

AmiAmi - 3,040JPY
HLJ - 3,200JPY (pre-sold out)
Hobby Search - 3,400JPY

All have great customer service and similar shipping costs.

Emerje

Thanks Emerje. I was thinking about AmiAmi. May pick up a Sharkticon while I'm at it.
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922950)
Posted by Big Grim on November 21st, 2017 @ 9:24am CST
Man, those technical drawings are gorgeous!
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922962)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 21st, 2017 @ 9:49am CST
Insurgent wrote:I can wait. I'm excited. I've handled a friend's God Bomber, it looks sweet and that extra chrome is going to make a great centre piece for my accidental Masterforce shelf. And Cab's transector is made and waiting for him. Love these little headmasters.

Who are you using for Cab's Transector? I've got my Minerva Ready, but I can't think of anyone that would have worked for Cab.

BTW, is the head master for God Bomber supposed to be Shuota or did they make up a new one for him?
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1922968)
Posted by Insurgent on November 21st, 2017 @ 9:59am CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:

I've customised a CW Hotspot. There's a part on shapeways that makes the figure Titan Master compatible. If you want less work, you can wait till POTP wave three and get Inferno, he's basically a red Hot Spot from what we've seen in leaks. But I got a second HS very cheap in a deal.

Shuta came with legends Wheelie. Also a part on shapeways to convert the generations Shuta figure/Nightbeat figure into titan master compatible. The only Headmaster Jr Takara haven't released yet is Wilder.
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1923012)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 21st, 2017 @ 12:11pm CST
Insurgent wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:

The neck attachment is that the one you glue on? So you would need to cut off the neck ball joint and glue it in place right?
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1923030)
Posted by Insurgent on November 21st, 2017 @ 4:12pm CST
Oh no. It's this one.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3A37C ... arketplace

No cutting at all, just unscrew everything in the torso to seperate it out into many pieces, slide the whole head and neck out, slide the new part in and screw it all back together. No glue, no cutting, and completely reversible.

To keep this on topic, then you can just pop Cab's titan master straight into the socket and boom. You have yourself a Cab in full robot mode.
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1923035)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 21st, 2017 @ 4:23pm CST
Insurgent wrote:Oh no. It's this one.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3A37C ... arketplace

Cool, thanks. I actually just ordered the Wheelie so I can get Shuta as well. I think I'll wait for the inferno to do this, but I'll have to order the part.

Now I feel like I need to find a way to turn the other Combine parts into Titan Masters to make a God Force Combiner. :D
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1923156)
Posted by Albatross250 on November 22nd, 2017 @ 9:10am CST
Official Boxart for LG-Sixshot
And still it uses the G1 Resemblance box art

VERY CLEVER, Takara :APPLAUSE:
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1923158)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 22nd, 2017 @ 9:22am CST
Wow, so the original box art had the submarine upside-down...
:-D
Re: Design Artwork for Transformers Legends / Titans Return Leaders Sixshot and Overlord (1923160)
Posted by Big Grim on November 22nd, 2017 @ 9:28am CST
That looks amazing! Gotta admit, the boxing for G1 was the first thing that drew my eye as a kid. Then it was the detailed toy inside.

It's the reason I bought the Legacy book. So many awesome memories brought up from that book!
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 47%
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 38%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 35%