Details on IDW's Infestation crossover

Details on IDW's Infestation crossover

Monday, October 11th, 2010 11:03am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 32,238

Comic Book Resources spoke with IDW Editors Tom Waltz and Andy Schmidt about the upcoming Infestation Crossover. They mention where the crossover will start.

The first bookend issue takes place in the "Zombies vs. Robots" world, a universe created by IDW Chief Creative Officer Chris Ryall and artist Ashley Wood. Waltz confirmed that the zombies seen in "Infestation" would be of the sorts seen in "ZVR," including infected robots.

They also mention about other IDW 'verse characters that make an appearance.

In addition to "Zombies vs. Robots," characters from early IDW series "CVO: Covert Vampiric Operations" will also play a major role in "Infestation," Waltz told CBR.

There are also images of several covers and logos for the major crossover.

See the full article on Comic Book Resources here.

This article was last modified on Monday, October 11th, 2010 11:10am CDT

Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134165)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on October 11th, 2010 @ 12:02pm CDT
Apparently this...thing is meant to be in continuity.

#-o

Seriously, IDW? It's bad enough you let All Hail Megatron exist? It's bad enough you let Costa continue to pollute the ongoing with his "writing" and "plot"? It's bad enough you take his dumbest idea ever (killing Ironhide), build a story around it, then provide no answer as to why you bothered in the first place? Now you've gotta take quite possibly your worst idea ever (and that includes the previously mentioned things, so no mean feat there), and then make it canon?!

...

That's it. I'm officially done with IDW.
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134167)
Posted by PointZero on October 11th, 2010 @ 12:20pm CDT
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134188)
Posted by Cyberstrike on October 11th, 2010 @ 1:30pm CDT
PointZero wrote:lol, wow. I know, as Transformers fans, we like to complain about anything different and new, but I'm pretty surprised here. So, it's a Zombie story. Yeah, other comic book companies have done that before. Yeah, as far as we can see, zombies seem like a minor threat to Transformers. But, really, whats wrong with just having a little fun like this? It'll probably end up as it's own canon/universe, so whats the harm? Transformers comics are not going to be ruined FOREVER because of this.

From most reports this crossover will be in-continuity for all the series involved. I might be wrong so don't hold me to that and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me on it.

Since I hate zombies and I'm not interested in reading any of the Ghostbusters, Star Trek, G.I. Joe, and Zombies vs. Robots comics so I'll pass on it. And I love IDW's current take on The Transformers since I read All Hail Megatron TPB vol. 1 and I love the new ongoing series (ask around I'm one the biggest defenders of the current series and of All Hail Megatron) but Darth Bombshell is right, this stupid crossover serves no real reason, from a storytelling point of view, for any of the Infestation books to exist,(or at least that I can tell) other than to milk fans out of their hard-earned money.

If it was Unicron, Q, Gozer, and Cobra-La teaming up to create some multiverse mayhem (and you could throw in some zombies and vampires with them) that doesn't take place in any of their continuities and was done for just for good old plain fun then I MIGHT be interested in it. Does anybody here remember when crossovers were actually fun to read?

But zombies spreading through a multiverse? If I want that I could read any of the various Marvel Zombies mini-series. Even with DnA writing it (two of the finest writers in comics today) IDW can't sell me on this mess.

I don't think that the Transformers, G.I. Joe, Star Trek, and Ghostbusters comics being published by IDW (and/or by any future publishers down the road) are ruined forever by this stupid crossover but IMHO it doesn't exactly doesn't help any of them either.
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134223)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 11th, 2010 @ 3:02pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:Apparently this...thing is meant to be in continuity.

#-o

...

That's it. I'm officially done with IDW.

This. I can't make it any better than this.

This idea is just... I can't see it working well at all.
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134290)
Posted by DeathBlast on October 11th, 2010 @ 5:32pm CDT
Hopefully I don't need all 4 comic series to enjoy this.

Anyways I blame Ash: Clatto Verata N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Clatto... Verata... N- for not saying the right words.
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134307)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on October 11th, 2010 @ 5:51pm CDT

Although I don't think it would be like the Autobots to kill the zombies, as they are humans, but undead. Maybe Perceptor will find a way to cure them?

The other comics, though, I think Star Trek and GI Joe stand a chance. Good luck Ghostbusters!
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134348)
Posted by Heavy B on October 11th, 2010 @ 7:34pm CDT
BATTLEMASTER IIC wrote:I don't think zombies would be much of a threat against the Transformers. They can just transform into their car modes and run them all over :)

oh, not true. Zombies vs Robots had "Infected Robots"

EAT BUMMBLEBEE. for some reason, i never liked him
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134361)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on October 11th, 2010 @ 8:11pm CDT
Cyberstrike wrote:Darth Bombshell is right

As amusing as it is for me to hear you say those words, it's sad that it had to happen in this context.

Cyberstrike wrote:Does anybody here remember when crossovers were actually fun to read?

Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134388)
Posted by morphobots on October 11th, 2010 @ 9:26pm CDT
Wow. They finally did it. A series I won't even try to give the benefit of the doubt. And this comes from someone who tried - tried - to find something good about New Avengers/Transformers. After 26 years the first TF comics I won't even touch. Guess it's time to retire.
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134389)
Posted by morphobots on October 11th, 2010 @ 9:26pm CDT
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134400)
Posted by Sky-Quake on October 11th, 2010 @ 10:06pm CDT
Supreme Convoy wrote:
Sky-Quake wrote:Zombies don't seem like much of a threat to transformers I love zombies so this is a must have for me

Robot zombies a la the Spotlight Kup issue?

those would be tougher but I think when you compare robotic zombies to Decepticons like Predaking or Bruticus they still don't seem like much of a threat but it's zombies which I love so I'll be getting a few of these basically just GIJOE and Transformers though
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134405)
Posted by Sky-Quake on October 11th, 2010 @ 10:10pm CDT
okay I forgot about the infection side of zombies #-o god damint how could I forget that
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134482)
Posted by Bobton03 on October 12th, 2010 @ 6:02am CDT
I know that I will never see it during the crossover event, but I would love if IDW had the zombie form of Impactor from the old Marvel UK "City of Fear" story-arc go on a total rampage and take out either the starship Enterprise, or totally devastate the Ghostbusters.

- Bob
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134557)
Posted by Cyberstrike on October 12th, 2010 @ 10:54am CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:Darth Bombshell is right

Well if makes you feel better I still think that you're wrong about All Hail Megatron, Ironhide, The Ongoing series, Drift, Mike Costa and Shane McCarthy. :P

Darth Bombshell wrote:None of the GI Joe/TF X-overs were any good, and the NA/TF X-Over is one of the top five worst TF stories ever done, so...no. I don't.

Well I was talking about crossovers when they weren't done every other month, and done to death, like now of days.

Some really good crossovers I can recommend are Valiant's Unity, First Comics Crossroads, Marvel's Infinity Gauntlet, DC and Marvel's JLA/Avengers.
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134626)
Posted by The Legend on October 12th, 2010 @ 1:36pm CDT
I miss Dreamwave. LoL
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1134845)
Posted by lowman_x on October 12th, 2010 @ 9:55pm CDT

From reading the press release I get the impression that the infected robots of "Zombies V Robots" will be making their way to the TF universe along with the infected humans. That would give the TFs something to worry about. Mind you, it doesn't explain how a biological virus mutated into a cybernetic virus and can then jump from one robotic being from one universe to another with (you would think) completely different mechanical structures. Is cross-infection even possible? Am I thinking too much about this? Probably. :P

Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1135498)
Posted by kronoridley on October 14th, 2010 @ 6:24am CDT
Human zombies can't infect humans! #-o

How are these things supposed to fight the Autobots?!
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1135504)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 14th, 2010 @ 6:41am CDT
lowman_x wrote:Mind you, this could give the IDW crew the opportunity to bring a zombie Impactor into play... he did go flitting off across the galaxy with Guzzle in tow at the end of LSoTW... Maybe Impactor is directly involved in bringing the zombies into the TF universe...

Now that lowman_x mentioned it, I remember IDW TFs allready having zombies in the form of the Dark Universe's (or what was its name... the universe where the first Ark was shot with Galvatron, Cyclonus and co.) transformers.
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1135777)
Posted by lowman_x on October 14th, 2010 @ 5:22pm CDT
Chaoslock wrote:

That's true. Though in the IDW-verse they were less "Braaaaaains... braaaaains..." and more sorta vampiric with the whole life draining stuff going on.
Re: Details on IDW's Infestation crossover (1136668)
Posted by MYoung23 on October 16th, 2010 @ 8:55pm CDT
"Infected" zombie robots is just stupid. I'm just not going for that idea.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY