Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons

Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons

Friday, May 22nd, 2015 3:37am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 55,474

Thanks to fellow fan and collector Johnny Lau over on Weibo, we have several in-hand images of the upcoming Titan Class Devastator to share with you!

...including size comparisons! Considering he's 18 inches tall and most of the other Combiner Wars combiners are roughly a foot tall at or around 12 inches tall, he dwarfs them by quite a bit. He's a massive beast and looks to be well worth the $150.00 asking price.

Without further ado, the images in question, comparisons and all:

Transformers News: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons

Transformers News: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons

Transformers News: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons

Transformers News: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons

Credit(s): Johnny Lau

This article was last modified on Friday, May 22nd, 2015 10:24am CDT

Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688770)
Posted by phantom1592 on May 22nd, 2015 @ 3:42am CDT
And to think some people were saying that the Autobots were getting too much love in CW...

They still look outnumbered to me! :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688777)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:00am CDT
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688778)
Posted by Ravage XK on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:02am CDT
Have to admit that Devastator looks pretty good in those photos.
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688788)
Posted by RhA on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:19am CDT
Cleanup on isle 4, I soiled myself.
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688789)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:19am CDT
Yeah I'm not a fan of Devs but he certainly looks much more worth the money there even if just counting for size. Didn't realise how much he looks the other Combiners look so tiny. Not sure I really get the logic behind that, like he was the first one created and then later both factions decided on smaller Combiners? Doesn't seem an impressive way round but hey.

I'd be interested in a CW Predaking though. Probably not this size as I don't go for the large figures (or have the shelf space) but I'd like a proper affordable update of the Predacons cos I always thought they looked the coolest in general appearance, colour scheme and alt-modes.
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688790)
Posted by Killraven on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:22am CDT
He looks so awesome. Would love to see a Predaking or Abominus that size.
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688792)
Posted by Ironzeus on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:24am CDT
I'm hoping there some articulation in the knees and hips on Devastator, my shelf only has 17 inches of height... i don't want to have to do construction on a new shelf for the constructicons.
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688793)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:24am CDT
phantom1592 wrote:Really?!?

Why would that be desirable??

Smoe people might find it more affordable to buy each member seperately rather than all at once cos at least you have a toy while you're waiting to buy the next one. Certainly it was that way for me when I was a kid and someone bought me Brawl for my birthday and so steadily I saved up for each of the other Combaticons and it was a nice sense of 'achievement' once I got them all.

Others may only want a particular member of the team cos the character itself is a favourite of theirs and they don't want to pay the extra money for more toys they don't really want and have no intention of combining. I feel that way about certain teams both combiner and non-combiner. I'm not that much of a collector that I feel the need to buy things just for the sake of collecting.
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688797)
Posted by phantom1592 on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:35am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
phantom1592 wrote:Really?!?

Why would that be desirable??

Ohhh I understand that concept. I get my favorites, but have never been a completest before. So far the only CW I have is superion and that started as a whim. Ultra prime and Stunticons I'm passing on. Along with anything Legends size.

If there was only one I wanted... I'd probably hit Ebay or something.. I just don't see individuals selling really well...
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688798)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:42am CDT
So there are two Devs. Visor eyed and separated optics. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lol:
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688800)
Posted by Ironzeus on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:46am CDT
noctorro wrote:I'm going for the retail, I love the visor.

I'm banking on getting the SDCC Devastator and hoping a 3rd party makes a clip on visor, possibly a glowy one like they did for MP20 Wheeljack's ears.
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688802)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:49am CDT
phantom1592 wrote:However, with Combiners I really never see them as 'individual' figures. They were the team. Even if I only had one (like Motormaster) I would have to get THAT whole team just to use the part to it's fullest potential.

Yeah I can see eBay being useful where people may buy Combiner sets for the idea of selling each member individually and making a bit of a profit those fans who just want a particular member or need to replace a broken one.

Some characters in the teams stand out for me more than others. I think this may be because I grew up with the Marvel UK comics and from time to time you'd get a bit of extra characterisation on a member who isn't there with his whole team and maybe you end up liking the character more for that (for example when Blades took on Megatron (or what we thought was Megatron at the time) in London with the assistance of Action Force. Or people like Swindle's personality from cartoon and comics where he's a con-artist and salesman and that gives him a bit more uniqueness amongst combiner members. Friend of mine had Swoop and Divebomb purely because of their battle in the Marvel UK story about Divebomb having been originally Swoop's name in it. Even though the other Dinobots and Predacons were in that story it was mainly about those two characters and my friend didn't own any of the others in those teams.

This is similar to reasons why I get a bit annoyed with simple repaints and minor retools where totally unrelated characters or even arch-nemesis' of a sort end up with the same mold. The characters feel like they lose their individuality. The toys are obviously the main focus of the brand but often it's the characterization in the fiction that helps sell them. Even a crappy TF figure can be helped by that.

Ok I pretty much babbled there you get what I mean. Some of us TF fans like to have the whole set of something, other TF fans just want their fave characters. =)
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688805)
Posted by Ironzeus on May 22nd, 2015 @ 4:55am CDT
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688809)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 22nd, 2015 @ 5:10am CDT
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688812)
Posted by Arctorro on May 22nd, 2015 @ 5:21am CDT
Not interested in the SDCC version, don't really think a few paint apps will be worth the increased price.

I was wondering though, Takara has done 2 repaints and 1 new mould for the other teams, so does anyone think there is a chance they'd do a proper Mixmaster? That might be worth the extra cost to me :-?
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688817)
Posted by MrBlack on May 22nd, 2015 @ 5:59am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:While the size is impressive, the pant apps are still a let down. Especially after seeing the SDCC version. I really don't understand why so much detail is put into deluxe class, but the larger figures all feel cheaper.

"Devastator needs a decent pair of pants!"
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688821)
Posted by Rated X on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:29am CDT
There's a difference between being slightly oversized and stupid big for nothing. This figure is stupid big for nothing. I dont need it in my collection, money saved.
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688822)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:30am CDT
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688824)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:36am CDT
Burn wrote:Brace yourself for posts hating on the siz...nevermind, RX has already been. >:oP

Ha! The size is the one thing still keeping me interested.

I want this Devy, I just want him to look a little better. I guess it may be fair to say I've been spoiled by MPs and 3rd party.... :-?
Re: Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons (1688826)
Posted by It Is Him on May 22nd, 2015 @ 6:38am CDT

Well that's because by RX logic, Hasbro doesn't make real Transformers.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY