Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years

Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years

Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 6:16pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 37,151

The name Battle Convoy should mean something to many Transformers fans. It is the original name of Optimus Prime in the toyline he originally came from in Japan, Diaclone. Well, we knew Takara was rebooting their Diaclone line and now it has all come back to the most popular of the Diaclone cars, Battle Convoy. They have chosen to update his design rather drastically but everything we'd expect is still there, like the cab, trailer but redone in the new aesthetic of their rebooted line, similarly to how MP 44 is also how the original Battle Convoy evolved into a different aesthetic for the Transformers line.

You can see images form Dengeki Hobby below! It will cost around $300 USD.

Transformers News: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years

Transformers News: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years

Transformers News: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years

Transformers News: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years

Transformers News: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years

Transformers News: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years

Transformers News: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years

And here is the original:

Transformers News: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby

Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079576)
Posted by megamanfan on September 8th, 2020 @ 6:30pm CDT
my my, how very optimus of them. looks cool.
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079577)
Posted by LunarBolt1984 on September 8th, 2020 @ 6:32pm CDT
Honestly, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this was the Sandcrawler from Star Wars.

Not a huge Diaclone fan, but it looks cool.
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079578)
Posted by Mechastrike on September 8th, 2020 @ 6:35pm CDT
WOW! JUST WOW! WOW! WOW! :shock:
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079579)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 8th, 2020 @ 6:40pm CDT
Wow, they really are taking Diaclone back to its roots, the era when Star Wars was so new and powerful that it influenced dang near everything, by making reboot Battle Convoy transform into...a Sandcrawler!

I could just see this thing playing a pivotal role in some sort of Shogun Warriors/ROM/Micronauts crossover ala Revolution 1980: When licensed toy properties allowed into the Marvel Universe collide! Maybe that doesn't make sense to anyone else, but that's what it's making me feel.

May actually have to save up for this one.
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079581)
Posted by sol magnus on September 8th, 2020 @ 6:43pm CDT
Dear lord, no. Or yes. I dunno.
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079583)
Posted by khrome on September 8th, 2020 @ 6:48pm CDT
Man I wish Takara/Tomy/Hasbro would bring Diaclone to the US markets.
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079584)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 8th, 2020 @ 6:52pm CDT
khrome wrote:Man I wish Takara/Tomy/Hasbro would bring Diaclone to the US markets.
They won't because then they'd be competing with themselves in toy robot sales.
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079585)
Posted by sol magnus on September 8th, 2020 @ 6:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
They won't because then they'd be competing with themselves in toy robot sales.

And they might lose. Win?
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079587)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on September 8th, 2020 @ 6:59pm CDT
This is interesting. Not my type, but it looks cool, at least.

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079600)
Posted by TulioDude on September 8th, 2020 @ 10:05pm CDT
He looks pretty goood!I guess they were aiming to do an updated version of the original.but without looking just an Optimus Prime.
That trailer reminds me the the Armada trailer.

Day 253 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079605)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on September 9th, 2020 @ 12:09am CDT
Wonder if TakaraMall Exclusive (we know it's coming) will be a Nemesis/Black-Military color pallet. That said... this does a pretty good job of blending both.

I need that trailer in my life. I'm less sure how I feel about Battle Convoy being his traditional Prime colors.
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079606)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on September 9th, 2020 @ 12:19am CDT
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079609)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 9th, 2020 @ 2:48am CDT
Okay, that's pretty cool. It's slightly tempting to want one as a very novel Optimus Prime.
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079615)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 9th, 2020 @ 6:45am CDT

It's so impressive
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079617)
Posted by Emerje on September 9th, 2020 @ 6:56am CDT

Really all that's left for me is to wait for Amazon Japan to list it. It's on AmiAmi for roughly $265, but I think Amazon should be able to get it under $250 and the shipping will be cheaper. I doubt it'll be enough for me start a Diaclone collection, but this one is a must!

Emerje
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079622)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on September 9th, 2020 @ 9:07am CDT
I was thinking this was pretty cool, and then I saw the BBTS price tag of 299 and then it was a hell no.
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079624)
Posted by Big Grim on September 9th, 2020 @ 9:16am CDT
That looks superb! I've liked the Diaclone figures for a while. This guy is damned cool!

~ Grim
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079656)
Posted by I_AM... MEGATRON! on September 9th, 2020 @ 11:46am CDT
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079657)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 9th, 2020 @ 11:47am CDT
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:So is there any chance this gets a US release, or am I gonna have to suck it up and import?

Import, no Diaclone has gotten a US release
Re: Diaclone Battle Convoy Gets Remade after 40 Years (2079696)
Posted by sol magnus on September 9th, 2020 @ 6:29pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Definitely want this. It's been a long time since we've had such a radical reimagining of the guy, I'm surprised more people aren't excited. I have no issue pretending it's a new Optimus Prime and it's basically a "Duobot" with the truck able to slit horizontally with land and air halves. My only complaint is that he's a bit short at around 7", but that's pretty big for a Diaclone.

Emerje

I'm afraid it will start another collection. I've been tempted by Nu Diaclone before. Now...

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri 02 - Transformers Tarn Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Ramhorn Eject Rewind Sunder" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Lancer" on EBAY
Buy "Heroes of Cybertron ESPIONAGE TEAM Bumblebee + Spike Transformers Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: War For Cybetron Earthrise Rung MISB NEW" on EBAY