Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online

Tuesday, November 15th, 2016 10:55am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 23,038

To all those who are now yearning for that die cast mace to go with their Masterpiece MP-32 Primal, it can now be bought online for just shy of $20. It is a similar scenario to what we saw with Ironhide's drill. This acessory is the only MP-32 accessory that is made by Hasbro Asia and not Takara.

Here are 2 reputable e-bay stores where they can be purchased:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Ma ... SwnbZYIvMK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCLUSIVE-MACE- ... 2311555340

Transformers News: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online

Credit(s): 2 E-bay stores

Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1841285)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 15th, 2016 @ 10:57am CST
The flail by itself is even heavier than the whole MP figure! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1841301)
Posted by durroth on November 15th, 2016 @ 1:36pm CST
and yet, he holds it surprisingly well considering it doesn't really slot into his palm all that well so he's relying mostly on grip strength
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1841386)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 15th, 2016 @ 8:38pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:The flail by itself is even heavier than the whole MP figure! :KREMZEEK:

Vwat?! And the figure can still carry it? :shock:
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1841392)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 15th, 2016 @ 9:16pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:

Vwat?! And the figure can still carry it? :shock:
Well, it can easily grip the handle, but the chain is long enough to let the flail itself rest of the ground. You can make the figure sort of grab the chain near the flail, but there's nothing to make it actually grip the chain, so you'd have to fiddle it a bit to make the flail stay put without it succumbing to gravity.

EDIT: Just gave it another try. The figure can grip the handle in one hand, grab the chain near the flail in the other hand, and keep the flail off the ground with just the right amount of balance and angle in positioning the figure's legs, feet, arms, and hands.
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1841406)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 15th, 2016 @ 11:29pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Vwat?! And the figure can still carry it? :shock:

I'll be ordering one too (mace/flail/whatever its called). Not the one by toyspark, the dude added an extra US$10 to his. :( Hopefully my other source has it within the week.
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1841887)
Posted by no-one on November 18th, 2016 @ 6:27am CST
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1846110)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 8th, 2016 @ 1:17am CST
Got the skull mace. Heavy and nasty! Enough to get a hematoma if hit just right :twisted:

Also, Amiami replaced my chipped lip default face (just the face btw) because I asked nicely. Thanks guys! :x
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1854847)
Posted by Kurona on January 26th, 2017 @ 9:40am CST
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1854853)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 26th, 2017 @ 9:59am CST
Kurona wrote:How does he look next to and scale with the Thrilling 30 Rhinox and Rattrap? (and, I suppose, Waspinator)
He's out of scale with Rhinox and Rattrap. He's taller than Rhinox when the former was taller than the latter in the show. And since Rattrap is just way too tall for his own good, the only Season 1 Primal toy that that Rattrap scales well with is the original 1996 Ultra mold that towers over all the other cartoon Maximal toys.
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1854854)
Posted by william-james88 on January 26th, 2017 @ 10:03am CST

He`s a bit too big next to Rhinox and Waspinator but the right size for Rattrap

Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1854855)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 26th, 2017 @ 10:05am CST
william-james88 wrote:

He`s a bit too big next to Rhinox and Waspinator but the right size for Rattrap
Nah, Rattrap was smaller than that in the show.
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1854857)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 26th, 2017 @ 10:09am CST

Scale might not be perfect, but I think he looks great.

Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1854951)
Posted by Kurona on January 26th, 2017 @ 4:07pm CST
Aah cool. I feel Rhinox should be taller but while Rattrap's not the exact right size, I can kinda fudge it and say it kinda works :P thanks guys.

At least they're the right size for Episode 1 riding shenanigans :lol:
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1945274)
Posted by bodrock on March 10th, 2018 @ 10:36am CST
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1945279)
Posted by Cobotron on March 10th, 2018 @ 10:52am CST
bodrock wrote:I just pulled the trigger on an MP32 -- and here I thought I was done collecting MPs. ;p

Whoa! Nice dude. I thought you were also done with your beast quest. This will be a nice jewel in your wild kingdom crown!
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1945294)
Posted by shajaki on March 10th, 2018 @ 2:16pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
What the heckin? I reiterate what Cobs says. Why'd you decide to go the MP route as opposed to the original mold? The MP is do die for, but the OG is like... the difference between a black tie affair... and a house party where you end up playing Cards Against Humanity :lol:
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1945326)
Posted by bodrock on March 10th, 2018 @ 6:19pm CST

This should conclude my Beast Hunt -- unless there's an MP BW Megatron. ;)
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1945358)
Posted by shajaki on March 10th, 2018 @ 10:16pm CST
bodrock wrote:I hear ya, guys! I hadn't planned on the MP at all....but then I got to thinking about how the only thing I wanted from the upcoming PotP incarnation was the original Optimus Primal. So I thought about the original toy, but then came across a reasonably priced MP32 that was $20 more than PotP Optimal would be at MSRP -- so I just went for it.

This should conclude my Beast Hunt -- unless there's an MP BW Megatron. ;)
Well then. I have no doubt you'll enjoy Black Tie Primal anyways :lol:

But hold up, aren't you also on board for MP Dinobot? :-?
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1945359)
Posted by bodrock on March 10th, 2018 @ 10:25pm CST
Re: Die Cast Mace for Masterpiece MP-32 Optimus Primal Available Online (1945393)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 11th, 2018 @ 6:00am CDT
bodrock wrote:Someday, Shaj, when he's cheaper and second-hand -- he honestly looks PERFECT :MAXIMAL:

MP Megatron is supposedly an announcement for this year. BW MP's got me back into collecting. As I had no real interest in the rest of the G1 MP line, bar Soundwave. So far just MP Primal and Cheetor (with his creepy hands) with MP Dinobot on the pre-order.

Considering I prefer Decepticons/Predacons it's weird that I actually picked most of the Primals first time round: Bat, Munky, TM, Beast Machines version one.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Studio Series 42 - Construction Long Haul Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ER EX-18 IRONHIDE & PROWL Figure MIB by Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Deluxe WFC-K16 Huffer" on EBAY
Buy "ROOK Transformers Combiner Wars Protectobot Part of Defensor Generations Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Shattered Glass Transformers Galactic odyssey" on EBAY