Thursday, September 29th, 2016 9:26am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,624

It seems the Asian releases of Masterpiece figures is taking a new direction. Instead of a coin, Masterpiece MP 34 Cheetor will come with another die cast Transformers mini statue. Adding to the set started with Inferno (who comes with Optimus Prime) and Grappel (who comes with Ultra Magnus), Cheetor will come with a mini statue of Optimus Primal. This is perfect since die cast is a lost art afterall. This new direction is in line with Hasbro Asia seemingly no longer being the ones releasing these figures but Transformers Asia instead.

This new info comes from Transformers Asia's Facebook page which also states the following:

"Masterpiece MP-34 Cheetor Promotion
Get this special design die-cast metal mini figure free when preorder “MP-34 Cheetor " at selected stores in Asia, while supplies Last !
Available to Asia (Exclude Japan)"

Transformers News: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor

Credit(s): transformers asia

This article was last modified on Thursday, September 29th, 2016 2:00pm CDT

Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829482)
Posted by Mkall on September 29th, 2016 @ 1:27pm CDT
This was the perfect opportunity for "it's a lost art" and it was overlooked...

I'm not mad, just disappointed.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829490)
Posted by shajaki on September 29th, 2016 @ 1:45pm CDT
Mkall wrote:This was the perfect opportunity for "it's a lost art" and it was overlooked...

I'm not mad, just disappointed.
HA!

Y'know, I'm kinda warming up to these diecast figures. I'm bummed if this is the end of the coins, but they're kinda like fancy Decoys. And I can get behind that ;)
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829494)
Posted by william-james88 on September 29th, 2016 @ 2:00pm CDT

I'm not mad, just disappointed.

Check again
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829511)
Posted by Marcdachamp on September 29th, 2016 @ 3:28pm CDT
Oooooh, that's kinda cool. I wonder if BBTS will let me switch my pre-order to this version.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829539)
Posted by UltraPrimal on September 29th, 2016 @ 5:45pm CDT
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829542)
Posted by william-james88 on September 29th, 2016 @ 6:02pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:I'm disappointed it's not an accessory like the mace that comes with Primal. I don't really get the appeal of little non-moving, unpainted metal. But this is what I've been waiting for: to see what/if Cheetor's Asia exclusive will be. So I guess I'm off to Robot Kingdom unless someone can suggest a cheaper online store that offers the Asia exclusives.

If you are Canadian, I would wait till ages 3 and up gets their listing. Shipping from robot kingdom to northamerica is as painful as a root canal.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829664)
Posted by Overcracker on September 30th, 2016 @ 10:30am CDT

Cheetor: $48
Jinrai: $52.

Can't beat those prices. Sadly MP Primal was sold out, so gonna have to dish out the higher price on BBTS or TFsource for that one.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829668)
Posted by william-james88 on September 30th, 2016 @ 10:41am CDT
Overcracker wrote:Can't beat those prices.

I can, Cheetor cost me $47 ;)

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/18 ... -wars.html

Let me know how much shipping ends up, I think it will be more than you predict, amiami has always surprised me. I went with nippon yassan, Cheetor is $47 and shipping was only $13. Could have been cheaper, but I went with registered mail.

And for primal, keep nippon yassan as a favourite since they usually get some extra stock so you could get your primal for cheaper. Just giev your e-mail so taht they can contact you when they get him in.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829671)
Posted by Overcracker on September 30th, 2016 @ 10:51am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Can't beat those prices.

I can, Cheetor cost me $47 ;)

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/18 ... -wars.html

Interesting. I guess I'll wait and see if they get some Primal's in before ordering from TFsource.

Thanks.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829727)
Posted by Seibertron on September 30th, 2016 @ 3:41pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Anime Export seems to have the best price + shipping overall. I pre-ordered Cheetor, and Legends Super Ginrai from them, combined shipping $23 bucks to anywhere in north america. Unless Primal and Jinrai weigh more than 2 pounds (1Kg) combined.

Cheetor: $48
Jinrai: $52.

FYI ... they will weigh more than 2 pounds combined. In-package Transformers products traditionally weigh (when rounded up for shipping) 1 pound for Deluxes, 2 pounds for Voyagers, and 3 pounds for Leader Class figures. Smaller packaged Masterpiece figures ship right around 1 pound. Since a Leader actually weighs around 2.25 pounds, you might be able to get a small Masterpiece shipped with it possibly around 3 pounds depending on the weight of the box and the inner packing material, which may push it slightly over 3 pounds (which would possibly be rounded up to 4 pounds depending on the type of shipping you chose ... if EMS it would be rounded up to 4 pounds).

That's some fuzzy math, just estimates. Too many variables with shipping between the toys, their packaging, the package to ship the toy and any inner packing material used. Long story short: I would estimate 4 pounds for those 2 items shipped and if it's less, than it's less and you saved some money. My experience shipping over a thousand items in the past year plus thousands more in previous years has given me a pretty good gut instinct of how much shipping should be.

Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1829771)
Posted by Overcracker on September 30th, 2016 @ 6:46pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Cheetor: $48
Jinrai: $52.

Thanks for the insight Ryan. I do appreciate the calculations.

I did mean Cheetor not Primal. I sort of calculated based on the Magnus I have with its box which was under 1 and half pounds (plus a bit more for the extras paneling for the prime trailer), and I was guessing cheetor was around half a pound probably a little less if MP Sideswipe and Hot Rod were anything to go by. Average around 2.5 pounds. But I will defer to your experience in this case.

4 pounds it apparently goes up to $39 shipping, which is not as good as BBTS's $36, but the difference in item cost still makes it a better deal, at least to my current neck of the woods, since the actual item prices are still quite a bit lower. But we'll see when they come in, exactly what they'll weigh.

Anime Export does have fractional shipment costs, so they'll probably round up to the nearest quarter kilogram rather than the nearest kilogram.

Thanks for the heads up.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1843151)
Posted by WreckerJack on November 24th, 2016 @ 3:32pm CST
TransformersAsia's facebook page has presented us with an image of Masterpiece MP-34 Cheetor. He comes with a promotional Diecast Mini Figure of Optimus Primal for those who pre-order from select stores in Asia while supplies last. Unfortunately, this will not be available in Japan. What do you think of these new accessories? Join in the conversation in the Energon Pub!

Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1843248)
Posted by Emerje on November 25th, 2016 @ 2:02am CST
Kinda "meh" really. Would have preferred a pose with his hands on his hips instead of up in the air awkwardly. Maybe if I saw one online for cheap I'd grab it, but I don't feel like I'm missing out by ordering from Japan.

Emerje
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1843325)
Posted by Ravage XK on November 25th, 2016 @ 1:14pm CST
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1843386)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2016 @ 11:06pm CST
Ravage XK wrote:Got a feeling he is posed like that in order to minimise the view of kibble and the covered arms.
I think Emerje was talking about the Primal figurine's pose.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1843401)
Posted by BumbleDouche on November 26th, 2016 @ 1:46am CST
Why'd they give him an :BOT: logo? Was :MAXIMAL: too hard?
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1843435)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2016 @ 9:28am CST
MegaDump wrote:Why'd they give him an :BOT: logo? Was :MAXIMAL: too hard?
He'll likely have one on the final packaging. Primal did.

Though, to the Japanese, :BOT: and :MAXIMAL: are both marks of the "Cybertron" faction, just as both :CON: and :PREDACON: are marks of the "Destron" faction.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1843447)
Posted by BumbleDouche on November 26th, 2016 @ 11:02am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
MegaDump wrote:Why'd they give him an :BOT: logo? Was :MAXIMAL: too hard?
He'll likely have one on the final packaging. Primal did.

Damn Japanese & their confusing logic! lol :P
Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1848612)
Posted by william-james88 on December 23rd, 2016 @ 2:43pm CST
We have some new images of MP Cheetor fom Dengeki Hobby for MP 34 Masterpiece Cheetor. The article also states that the release date has been pushed to February. One really interesting factoid we lean from these images is that the beast mode's eyes can be turned.

Re: Die Cast Optimus Primal to Come With Transformers Asia Release of Masterpiece Beast Wars Cheetor (1848616)
Posted by Ironhidensh on December 23rd, 2016 @ 3:07pm CST
I think it's just different heads.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV08 Underbite" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-08 Gregevor" on EBAY