Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed

Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for  Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 9:36am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,684

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It is a confusing time for Masterpiece releases. While we usually get the Japanese release and the Hasbro Asia release (whos only difference is the inclusion of a coin), Transformers Asia is a third player that introduced itself with the reissue of Masterpiece Ironhide, giving him a new drill accessory. Since then, they seem to have taken over the releases of Masterpiece figures in Asia (and maybe Australia, that is still to be seen). This new direction for the Asian release of Masterpiece figures preffers to offer die cast figures rather than collector coins, as there is currently no indication that these Transformers Asia releases also come with coins. Masterpiece Inferno started what is now a trend of Masterpiece figures coming with die cast mini statues and this first mini statue is finally fully revealed. It is a small monochrome die cast statue of Optimus Prime and it comes in a box with a clear plastic window. The indication of it being #1 on the box hints at a new long line of figures that is sure to either frustrate or please completionists.

This image comes from Transformers Asia's Facebook page which also states the following:

"Masterpiece MP-33 Inferno Promotion
Get this special design die-cast metal mini figure free when preorder ā€œ MP-33 lnferno " at selected stores in Asia, while supplies Last !
Available to Asia (Exclude Japan)"

Transformers News: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for  Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed

Credit(s): transformers asia


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1829422)
Posted by triKlops on September 29th, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT
Wasn't the MP-05G release the first different HasAsia exclusive figure?
If so, that means the Reflector he came with would be the first example of coin substitution.

If I am wrong, please correct.
However I have been doing some research on the G release, its been popping up cheap on eBay and I have been trying to determine a difference between an official versus unofficial release before i make a purchase.
In the course of this research, the above info was fresh on my mind.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1829440)
Posted by william-james88 on September 29th, 2016 @ 10:49am CDT
triKlops wrote:Wasn't the MP-05G release the first different HasAsia exclusive figure?
If so, that means the Reflector he came with would be the first example of coin substitution.

If I am wrong, please correct.
However I have been doing some research on the G release, its been popping up cheap on eBay and I have been trying to determine a difference between an official versus unofficial release before i make a purchase.
In the course of this research, the above info was fresh on my mind.

Ah right, yes. But did Takara release him too or was he only released by Transformers Asia? They rereleased other toys in new decos before so I would see him more along the lines of that. This is different since they are not making their own spin on things but actually being in charge of releasing straight takara products in Asia.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1829497)
Posted by william-james88 on September 29th, 2016 @ 2:11pm CDT
Where's the shot of him in Prime's trailer?
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1829573)
Posted by triKlops on September 29th, 2016 @ 10:36pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
triKlops wrote:Wasn't the MP-05G release the first different HasAsia exclusive figure?
If so, that means the Reflector he came with would be the first example of coin substitution.

If I am wrong, please correct.
However I have been doing some research on the G release, its been popping up cheap on eBay and I have been trying to determine a difference between an official versus unofficial release before i make a purchase.
In the course of this research, the above info was fresh on my mind.

Ah right, yes. But did Takara release him too or was he only released by Transformers Asia? They rereleased other toys in new decos before so I would see him more along the lines of that. This is different since they are not making their own spin on things but actually being in charge of releasing straight takara products in Asia.


Fresh from the wiki...
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron_(G1)/toys#20th_Anniversary.2FMasterpiece
This guy has really intrigued me but to link it to the Inferno, it should be interesting if the die cast item theme continues.

"Megatron Gold Ver. (12/2014)
ID number: MP-05G
Accessories: Fusion cannon, energon mace, energy dagger, laser pistol, Kremzeek figure, Reflector figure
A gold-chrome redeco of the original MP-5 mold, Megatron Gold Version is a Hasbro Asia release under the TakaraTomy label (making it the first TakaraTomy Masterpiece to not be released, thus far, in Japan). It comes with all the same accessories as the original release as well as a new, non-transforming Reflector in camera mode."
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1829584)
Posted by Burn on September 30th, 2016 @ 1:11am CDT
triKlops wrote:(making it the first TakaraTomy Masterpiece to not be released, thus far, in Japan).

Technically (because they hadn't yet merged), that would have been MP-02 Ultra Magnus who was released in Australia in Takara packaging (with stickers added for recommended ages) through Target stores.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1829612)
Posted by william-james88 on September 30th, 2016 @ 5:59am CDT
triKlops wrote:
Fresh from the wiki...
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron_(G1)/toys#20th_Anniversary.2FMasterpiece
This guy has really intrigued me but to link it to the Inferno, it should be interesting if the die cast item theme continues.

"Megatron Gold Ver. (12/2014)
ID number: MP-05G
Accessories: Fusion cannon, energon mace, energy dagger, laser pistol, Kremzeek figure, Reflector figure
A gold-chrome redeco of the original MP-5 mold, Megatron Gold Version is a Hasbro Asia release under the TakaraTomy label (making it the first TakaraTomy Masterpiece to not be released, thus far, in Japan). It comes with all the same accessories as the original release as well as a new, non-transforming Reflector in camera mode."


The wiki should be corrected then since he wasn't a Hasbro Asia release, nut a Transformers Asia release instead, as we previously established.

And yeah, this makes him more of a special edition and not part of a larger line, which if what Transformers Asia would usualy do. Up until now, of course, where they are becoming in charge of the MP like in Asia.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1829747)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 30th, 2016 @ 5:06pm CDT
Burn wrote:
triKlops wrote:(making it the first TakaraTomy Masterpiece to not be released, thus far, in Japan).

Technically (because they hadn't yet merged), that would have been MP-02 Ultra Magnus who was released in Australia in Takara packaging (with stickers added for recommended ages) through Target stores.
But MP-2 did come out in Japan. Twice, even, as he was reissued in 2008.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1829776)
Posted by triKlops on September 30th, 2016 @ 7:57pm CDT
Burn wrote:
triKlops wrote:(making it the first TakaraTomy Masterpiece to not be released, thus far, in Japan).

Technically (because they hadn't yet merged), that would have been MP-02 Ultra Magnus who was released in Australia in Takara packaging (with stickers added for recommended ages) through Target stores.


Hmmm, very interesting.
I forgot about the ole AustralAsia switcheroo.
Duly Noted. ;)^
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1829777)
Posted by triKlops on September 30th, 2016 @ 7:59pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
triKlops wrote:
Fresh from the wiki...
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron_(G1)/toys#20th_Anniversary.2FMasterpiece
This guy has really intrigued me but to link it to the Inferno, it should be interesting if the die cast item theme continues.

"Megatron Gold Ver. (12/2014)
ID number: MP-05G
Accessories: Fusion cannon, energon mace, energy dagger, laser pistol, Kremzeek figure, Reflector figure
A gold-chrome redeco of the original MP-5 mold, Megatron Gold Version is a Hasbro Asia release under the TakaraTomy label (making it the first TakaraTomy Masterpiece to not be released, thus far, in Japan). It comes with all the same accessories as the original release as well as a new, non-transforming Reflector in camera mode."


The wiki should be corrected then since he wasn't a Hasbro Asia release, nut a Transformers Asia release instead, as we previously established.

And yeah, this makes him more of a special edition and not part of a larger line, which if what Transformers Asia would usualy do. Up until now, of course, where they are becoming in charge of the MP like in Asia.


Convoluted but i follow.
Thanks for the clarity.
The sub sub designations are getting more interesting and intricate as time goes on.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1829780)
Posted by triKlops on September 30th, 2016 @ 8:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:
triKlops wrote:(making it the first TakaraTomy Masterpiece to not be released, thus far, in Japan).

Technically (because they hadn't yet merged), that would have been MP-02 Ultra Magnus who was released in Australia in Takara packaging (with stickers added for recommended ages) through Target stores.
But MP-2 did come out in Japan. Twice, even, as he was reissued in 2008.


Another interesting angle on releases.
Especially with more of this becoming prevalent, maybe the inclusion of the die cast figs are to make it stand out from the sea of HAsTakTomy releases in various forms, origins and waves.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1830606)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 5th, 2016 @ 9:06am CDT
MP33 Inferno back.jpg
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1830607)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 5th, 2016 @ 9:10am CDT
Whoa, Inferno! Don't do that here! Go find a bathroom, man!

:P
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1831330)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 7th, 2016 @ 12:52am CDT
I'm really excited for this figure. It and Grapple look to do the Ironhide thing, where when you're done with the transformation, you marvel at where the figure came from. In the case of Inferno and Grapple it's where the ladder/hook goes.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1831612)
Posted by Logan. on October 8th, 2016 @ 4:07am CDT
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1831614)
Posted by xMXUx on October 8th, 2016 @ 4:53am CDT
I can't wait to experience this ladder-magic in hand :shock:
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1831615)
Posted by Va'al on October 8th, 2016 @ 5:08am CDT
Taiwan-based retailer Wanna-Hobby have posted on their Facebook page a clip showing how the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Inferno operates its engineering magic to make the ladder disappear - and now you can partake of the visual spectacle too, by checking it out below!

Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1831625)
Posted by Relic0037 on October 8th, 2016 @ 8:28am CDT
Looks like another good addition to the Masterpiece line. I wonder when we will get more of the first season Autobots like Jazz, Hound, & Sunstreaker?
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1831671)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 8th, 2016 @ 11:08am CDT
Relic0037 wrote:Looks like another good addition to the Masterpiece line. I wonder when we will get more of the first season Autobots like Jazz, Hound, & Sunstreaker?

There are options Foss these out there.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1831674)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on October 8th, 2016 @ 11:13am CDT
Options are out there, yeah, but many want official. Official tends to do it better, and cheaper, than 3rd party.
Re: Die Cast Optimus Prime Figure for Transformers Masterpiece Inferno Revealed (1831675)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 8th, 2016 @ 11:17am CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:Options are out there, yeah, but many want official. Official tends to do it better, and cheaper, than 3rd party.

Not anymore. Prices have leveled out pretty even, and quality is better in many cases.

Official is just a word that has lost its meaning. Don't let it keep you away from amazing transformer figures.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Kre-O A6950 Scorn Street Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Computron! Scattershot strafe lightspeed afterburner nosecone" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TFSS 4.0 Spinster   Thunder Mayhem TFCC Targetmaster Subscription" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Crosshairs, C7 Corvette 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY