Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today!

Don't Forget!  Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today!

Wednesday, October 24th, 2007 11:33am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News, Digital Media News, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 23,974

Just a friendly reminder to go to your local comic book store and pick up these two compelling Transformers tales!

AUG073740 TRANSFORMERS DEVASTATION #2 $3.99
JUL073630 TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON ORIGIN #4 $3.99

They are sure to be all the buzz in the Comics and Cartoons Forum!

This would also be a great place to start a discussion on them, so expect spoilers when people start grabbing the issues.

Be sure to add your thoughts here in the IDW-Transformers Universe Theories Thread.

Credit(s): Diamond Comics

Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (419538)
Posted by Doctor Reggae on October 24th, 2007 @ 11:38am CDT
Reading them as I eat my lunch at work...so far, so good...
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (419556)
Posted by bookofjunon on October 24th, 2007 @ 11:54am CDT
Just finished reading both.

Megatron Origins is good.

Devastation I am sorry to say, blows chunks at the moon. When is this regular series going to get good.

I mean they ruined Sunstreaker. Furman's work just seems to get worse with each issue.

Don't even get me started on the art. Don and Josh should be doing the art. E.J.'s art stinks. And that horrible colourist they have Zac, holy crap he stinks. His colours are all way off, off tone and just make EJ's work look worse.

EJ's art could be improved tenfold with a better colourist as can be plainly seen by the un-coloured pages IDW has shown us.
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (419598)
Posted by Doctor Reggae on October 24th, 2007 @ 12:19pm CDT
Just finished them both too...

Devastation #2, I thought, was pretty good throughout. Good flow to the story, subplots are continuing (specifically, with Ratchet, Verity, and Jimmy; Dante of the Machination; Hunter and Sunstreaker; the fate of Ark-19; Starscream; Wheeljack and Hot Rod vs. the Sunstreakers), and Furman's scripting remains tight.

Megatron Origin #4--I've enjoyed the series overall, but there's so much going on art-wise that it takes me 2-3 reads to pick up everything I need. That's not a knock on Alex Milne's art (his take on Sentinel Prime in the Apex Armor looks sweet, like bad-ass Gundam), but there's so much in each panel that it gets tricky to follow sometimes.

The coloring in Megatron Origin was somewhat spotty...especially during the battle between Sentinel and Megs. IDW had two colorists working on the issue, and you can tell where they switched off on pages. 21-22 especially have a huge jump in the color palette.
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (419600)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 24th, 2007 @ 12:20pm CDT
*ye be warned of spoilers*

Megatron: Origins was a great conclusion to the story. Megatron and Starscream working together is crazy, and the showdown with Sentinel Prime was worth the wait. Thundercracker's moment of hesitation was good too. Ratbat's fate was... interesting.

However, it was somewhat hard to follow at points. Soundwave just appears in the Senate Chamber with no indication he was in the room the entire time. At one point Ratbat is speaking, but since his dialogue is coming through an open door, it looks like Ravage is the one talking. And the big final fight is a little hard to follow because of small panels.

I thought Devastation was great. I don't care for the purple on Hot Rod, but I guess it is an homage to his look in the old comics. I also had trouble believing they could pull off that maneuver with the Ark. The difference in design between the Headmaster heads and Sunstreaker's original head is really cool - especially the believable transformation involved. I would still have preferred that Hunter wind up bonded to Nightbeat, but I guess Sunstreaker and Hunter make a more entertaining odd-couple.
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (419627)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 24th, 2007 @ 12:37pm CDT
Things I know:

1. If Sunstreaker is beaten down enough that he asks to be killed...shit is serious.

2. When Sunstreaker gets out of this jam. Things are going to die ala Butch in Pulp Fiction.
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (419794)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 24th, 2007 @ 2:38pm CDT
Arrgghhh... Must go home to read these now....

I am off!!!!
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (420163)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 24th, 2007 @ 6:28pm CDT
I somewhat fear going into the IDW Discussion thread now, so many spoilers...
Who am I kidding, I'll read them all, and I'll get my comics tonight or tomorrow!
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (420298)
Posted by Sunstar on October 24th, 2007 @ 7:52pm CDT
I like spoilers. :grin:
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (420357)
Posted by Briggs on October 24th, 2007 @ 8:40pm CDT
That headmaster thing totally caught me by suprised, i enjoyed it.

I like seeing hot rod and wheeljack working together. Different personalities, etc, except when hotrod mentioned their similarity of course.
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (420615)
Posted by Dr Buffalo on October 24th, 2007 @ 11:13pm CDT
The pleasant surprise for me was seeing a Mosaics peice in the back of the book. Makes me eager to write one on the off chance it might get published.
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (420914)
Posted by Leonardo on October 25th, 2007 @ 4:58am CDT
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (420915)
Posted by Ddave on October 25th, 2007 @ 5:04am CDT
Leonardo wrote:I have a question. Isn't Ramjet supposed to have landed on Earth by now, given his appearance in the Avengers crossover?

I thought they had nothing to do with IDW's G1-verse at all?

Also, fantastic issues. Dev 2# was awesome.

My heart even skipped a beat when I saw what they had done to sunstreaker. Man, I need more!
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (420930)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 25th, 2007 @ 5:29am CDT
I can see what people were saying about Megatron #4... Many unclear parts. The Apex armor was cool, but if it was so easily beaten one wonders...why use it?

Starscream was awesome, Thundercracker, Soundwave... I found it funny that Starscream said what he said to Megatron about the arm cannon.

Devastation #2 was cool. How the heck is Ratchet going to do anything against Sixshot? And Poor Sunstreaker and Hunter. It was certainly very interesting to see the headmaster gimmick, and a new way for them to transform. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (420932)
Posted by Leonardo on October 25th, 2007 @ 5:32am CDT
Ddave wrote:I thought they had nothing to do with IDW's G1-verse at all?

I thought the crossover was supposed to fit in between Infiltration and Escalation (or Escalation and Devastation).
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (420985)
Posted by bookofjunon on October 25th, 2007 @ 6:25am CDT
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (421296)
Posted by God Magnus on October 25th, 2007 @ 10:45am CDT
bookofjunon wrote:What I want to know is, in Megatron Origins #4 when Starscream is being tried, where the hell did Soundwave come from. He's not in the panels before and then WHAMO, there he is in a panel.

He's the security guy standing off to the side in the previous pannel.
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (421369)
Posted by bookofjunon on October 25th, 2007 @ 11:35am CDT
God Magnus wrote:

He's the security guy standing off to the side in the previous pannel.

Thanks, I was wondering where he suddenly came from.
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (421417)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 25th, 2007 @ 12:10pm CDT
God Magnus wrote:

He's the security guy standing off to the side in the previous pannel.

I still don't see him...
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (421454)
Posted by Sloptank on October 25th, 2007 @ 12:37pm CDT
Anybody notice the headline on the newspaper held by the guy in the housecoat in Devastation? Neat little cross-series pop.
Re: Don't Forget! Devastation #2 And Megatron Origins #4 In Stores Today! (421468)
Posted by AxiomScion on October 25th, 2007 @ 12:50pm CDT
Caelus wrote:
God Magnus wrote:

He's the security guy standing off to the side in the previous pannel.

I still don't see him...
you sure that's not Straxus with big glowy axe in panel 4?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Chomp & Chase Raceway w/ Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fallen Leader Optimus Prime Monochrome Reaction Figure Super7 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-Inch Figure, Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Revenge Of The Fallen 2009 HASBRO MASK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Allspark Tech Autobot Sqweeks Cube Power Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collector's Club 2010 Membership Autobot Dion Action Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Child's Costume with jumpsuit and mask " on EBAY