DOTM Barricade Comparison Images

DOTM Barricade Comparison Images

Saturday, February 19th, 2011 10:02am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 74,087

This certainly isn't our first look at DOTM Barricade, but these images from 4chan give us comparison shots with two previous incarnations, the original Deluxe Barricade and HA Barricade. He's noticeably smaller, but we already knew many of the DOTM toys would be to accommodate their new MechTech weapons. Is that a moustache and soul patch, or just faulty paint applications? You decide, the images have been mirrored below.

Credit(s): 4chan

Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184145)
Posted by lbullock7 on February 19th, 2011 @ 10:08am CST
I really like this mold except the legs, I like the original barricades legs better and maybe the head. Ill have just have to wait and see with this one.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184149)
Posted by MYoung23 on February 19th, 2011 @ 10:18am CST
DOTM Barricade now has an evil mustache and soul patch.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184151)
Posted by DJLazer on February 19th, 2011 @ 10:21am CST
luv this fig.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184152)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on February 19th, 2011 @ 10:32am CST
How the hell has he grown a tash!!.

At first glance i still go back to the original even with the DOTM having better faetures, He's not realy movieverse looking that Could be a good thing for none movie fans, I'm not sure my self.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184156)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 19th, 2011 @ 10:43am CST
This is one of those times where I actually find myself praying that an image actually IS Photoshopped. Somebody please tell me that is the case here. It looks like they gave GI Joe's Major Bludd a different helmet and dropped it on Barricade's body. Mullets, dreadlocks and now THIS?? Pull your head out Hasbro! These are robots, not friggin' cyborgs. :-x :evil: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184170)
Posted by Mykltron on February 19th, 2011 @ 11:02am CST
Looks to me like the first Barricade with decent leg articulation. I'm really looking forward to this figure - I like what they've done to the chest.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184184)
Posted by MGrotusque on February 19th, 2011 @ 11:59am CST
Not my cup of tea. I had the original movie version and i liked him. Gave him away but i liked him.

I think that in the comparison shot the movie Barricade beats out the DOTM hands down. It just looks meaner.

The new head sculpt is a little odd. I feel a bit of propriety towards this character and the original mold and DOTM is treading on it a bit. IMO.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184190)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 19th, 2011 @ 12:14pm CST
So he now looks like Purple Pie Man? :-?
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184194)
Posted by Valandar on February 19th, 2011 @ 12:27pm CST
Snidely Whiplash has joined the Decepticons!

Amazing how many toys this figure has gotten, considering 'word of gawd' has it he was killed offscreen in the first movie...
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184198)
Posted by El Duque on February 19th, 2011 @ 12:35pm CST
I'm thinking the moustache and soul patch are just a prank by whoever posted the images, but you never know.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184200)
Posted by OlivusPrime on February 19th, 2011 @ 12:55pm CST
He looks sooo awesome. Initially I wasn't sure about this figure, but now i'm pretty much definite. He looks like a downsized version of the brilliant HA figure. For some reason I'm really liking his massive Mechtech gatling gun (not the claw mode). I just pray they do the same with Jazz, and that Voyager Bonecrusher and Leader Blackout will soon follow...
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184209)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 19th, 2011 @ 1:21pm CST
In all the pictures he's lit from above so it makes him look like he's got the moustache. Even if it DOES have a painted on moustache, it looks like it could be scraped off or at least painted over or removed in some way. Personally, I like it, he looks awesome and actually has the kind of articulation I've wanted to see in him. Also he has the smashed in chest look that all the other molds were missing.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184215)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 19th, 2011 @ 2:00pm CST
Am I the only who thinks the designs of these characters are getting WORSE?!? His legs look like they were stripped! OH Oh I got it: He has no pants on!!!! :lol: Thats it! He was running late for the filming of another bad movie and did not have time to shave or put on pants!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184225)
Posted by paul053 on February 19th, 2011 @ 2:28pm CST
The spoiler is white? And with the white/light gray here and there and now he is shaved and styled his mustache, I will stick with my HA version.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184230)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 19th, 2011 @ 2:43pm CST
i dont like that hes smaller than the first barricade nore do i like that weapon but it is a great looking figure and cade is my favorite movie bot so hes a buy.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184233)
Posted by Burn on February 19th, 2011 @ 2:52pm CST
With a face like that he needs to be voiced by Burt Reynolds.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184238)
Posted by Softimus Prime on February 19th, 2011 @ 3:05pm CST
first time I ever realized he has a face.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184250)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 19th, 2011 @ 3:28pm CST
I might actually get him because he's smaller, as I think that will put him in better scale with my Classics/Universe/Generations/RtS figures - hopefully he won't be too small now. Now if I could get a scaled-down version of RotF Deadend...
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184253)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 19th, 2011 @ 3:36pm CST
He looks considerably better than the previous mould in my opinion. I guess he is smaller, but I couldn't really tell he was from those pictures.
Re: DOTM Barricade Comparison Images (1184265)
Posted by SaTaN CoNvOy on February 19th, 2011 @ 4:04pm CST
DO NOT WANT!

Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire & Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Triggerhappy & Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Windblade complete G1 LG-12 Takara Generations US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumer MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition RID Starscream Deluxe Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-37 LG37 JAGUAR RAVAGE Legends Titans return" on EBAY