DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction

DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction

Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 10:20am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Down_Shift   Views: 84,181

Man, Yahoo Japan is blowin' up with DOTM hotness. We just reported on DOTM Deluxe Jolt showing up on Yahoo Auctions Japan and now everyone's favorite Heroic Autobot Leader - Optimus Prime kicks down the door for another. Now many people who have seen images of this Optimus Prime feel underwhelmed saying he looks very childish for a Voyager class figure and leaves most fans with a very "meh" feeling in response to this new figure even though this new mold sports a creative & fresh transformation for Optimus Prime.

These new images of Prime in box shows us two new things. One is the gimmick of his Mech Tech weapon. Similar to Voyager Megatron in that you can try the feature out through a small window on the box and that the weapon transforms from a gun to a bigger gun. Don't hate on it though, it worked wonders 20 some odd years ago when Predacon Commander Razorclaw had a weapon like this and it works wonders now with the re-issues.

Second is the back of the box that shows the proper transformation of Voyager Optimus Prime. He looks a lot better on the back of the box, but we all know that what you see isn't always what you get. So what do you all think? Yea or nay? If you want to see the images you'll have to click on the auction link or join in the discussion. So don't hate and participate!

Credit(s): Yahoo Auctions Japan

This article was last modified on Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 11:25am CST

Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170809)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 18th, 2011 @ 10:28am CST
So basically "gun converts to... other gun". [face_plain] Seems like pointless gimmick. So far, I'm not impressed with this new Mechtech weapon gimmick.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170819)
Posted by dumbprime on January 18th, 2011 @ 10:38am CST
I thought Voyager Prime was suppose to have a trailer?
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170821)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 18th, 2011 @ 10:42am CST
dumbprime wrote:I thought Voyager Prime was suppose to have a trailer?

The Japanese one, not the US one it seems.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170826)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 18th, 2011 @ 10:53am CST
This Mech-Tech is trash.

Just like the Spiderman 3 toys, the DOTM toys are going to suck hard.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170829)
Posted by First-Aid on January 18th, 2011 @ 11:02am CST
Did i miss the link?
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170837)
Posted by Ironhide516 on January 18th, 2011 @ 11:14am CST
Definately need to wait for better, more "official" images before making my decision to pick him up. Right now I just have the voyager Prime from the first movie, which I've been content with. Didn't really like Battle Blades voyager; thought the legs looked too long & skinny. This Prime looks a little beefier, but we'll wait & see; would like a movie-acurate voyager prime.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170840)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 18th, 2011 @ 11:18am CST
First-Aid wrote:Did i miss the link?

Nope, I'm just a total d-bag and forgot to put in the link. #-o
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170843)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on January 18th, 2011 @ 11:23am CST
a lot of these DOTM toys are looking terrible... It seems Hasbro is definitely trying to skew younger with these toys, giving them cartoony proportions and massive accessories. This voyager prime look especially bad after 2 very good voyager molds. It almost looks like whoever designed this was going from memory and not actually using reference pics. Much like ROTF, I will be picking and choosing my toys with much scrutiny.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170845)
Posted by Kingpun on January 18th, 2011 @ 11:29am CST
I'm not too keen on how he looks either, but I'm wondering if there were aesthetic sacrifices in his stand alone robot mode because of him possibly combining with his trailer. Like how the combined Optimus & Jetfire from ROTF doesn't look so good, but Optimus by himself is a masterpiece and Jetfire ain't too bad. I don't know, sometimes perceptions change when you get the toy in your hands.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170849)
Posted by ShardFenix on January 18th, 2011 @ 11:37am CST
Perceptions may change when we get the toys in our hands, but who is willing to risk it first and then let everyone else get a good look at it? I know for sure I'm waiting to see some youtube reviews before I even consider getting any of these.

Though I did finally break down and ordered a thunderwing today, which I thought I would never get but I heard such good reviews on it, that I decided it was worth it.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170852)
Posted by ConBotFormer on January 18th, 2011 @ 11:40am CST
I just love all the money I'll be saving this summer. I really thought DOTM figures would kick some ass. So far,I MIGHT only get voyager ironhide. I do hope there is a leader prime, megaton, soundwave and shockwave that look great.

But so far, these figures look like crap! Oh, and Dumblebee is not as popular with the kids. People only say this because he's the only transformer Hasbro glorifies and offers in every way, shape, size and form to the public.

Now lets start to see some video reviews of these new figures.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170855)
Posted by ShardFenix on January 18th, 2011 @ 11:52am CST
If bumblebee was not as popular as people sa, we wouldnt see 6+ molds of him every movie. And there wouldn't be a mold of him in nearly every line Hasbro produces.

Classics Bumblebee, Generations WFC Bumblebee, Battleblades Bumblebee, HA Bumblebee, RtS Classics Bumblebee.

You wouldnt get all these if he didn't sell.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170888)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 18th, 2011 @ 1:35pm CST
The front of the box looks good but the back does not, and prime is still ugly no matter how hes transformed. Any you know hasbros running out of gimmics when they use one from a 20 year old toy that isnt that great. Why do i have the feeling powermasters are next for a reboot? Well theres one good thing about DOTM, ill be saving money.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170893)
Posted by whacko on January 18th, 2011 @ 1:40pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
dumbprime wrote:I thought Voyager Prime was suppose to have a trailer?

The Japanese one, not the US one it seems.

If the last set of movies toys is anything to go by, there will be tons of releases of voyager class primes, meaning it is entirely possible that at least one will come with a trailer.

I honestly don't hate this mold. However certain aspects, like lack of paint on the wheels just make it cheaply made.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170898)
Posted by OptiMagnus on January 18th, 2011 @ 1:54pm CST
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am 100% sure I will buy this figure. At least from the box art he looks better than the prototypes.

So I will get on here on the week of May 16th to (hopefully) tell you all that's he's not that horrible.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170899)
Posted by rpetras on January 18th, 2011 @ 1:55pm CST
I am getting less and less interested in DotM stuff.

My wallet is increasingly happy with me.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170906)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 18th, 2011 @ 2:05pm CST
if prime does not change in the movie i will not get this mold. its just fugly. i would rather make a custom trailer.
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170928)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 18th, 2011 @ 3:06pm CST
ugly as sin
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170947)
Posted by Leviathan on January 18th, 2011 @ 3:54pm CST
Re: DOTM Voyager Prime In Package Auction (1170950)
Posted by OptiMagnus on January 18th, 2011 @ 3:59pm CST
Leviathan wrote:Why have a useless gimmick as a gun turning into a gun? At least the MechAlive and Automorph were somewhat creative. Also, when is there going to be news on a LEADER Optimus, Megatron, Shockwave and at least a better mold, hopefully at least voyager class, of Soundwave. I figure that Soundwave won't get a voyager mold (One can hope, right?), but at least make a leader class of the OP, Megs, and Shockwave

When is there going to be news on the leaders? When it comes, simple as that. Remember, these things are coming out in May and beyond.
And I believe Soundwave is going to be getting a voyager class for DOTM.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY