Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack

Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack

Wednesday, March 28th, 2012 6:34am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 36,580

Looks like Dr. Wu is starting a new line of replacement parts for Transformers Prime figures. The first one is a replacement head for Wheeljack and what looks to be a weapon of some kind. With this upgrade you can give Jackie the maskless face that he mostly sports in the cartoon. Check out the prototype images from the Transformers Galaxy facebook page.

Credit(s): Transformers Galaxy

Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363160)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 28th, 2012 @ 7:06am CDT
The doctor certainly doesn't waste any time. I don't know why but I prefer PRIME Wheeljack without his mask so I may have to get this one. Is that other thing meant to be some kind of detonater or bomb?

Truth be told I wouldn't mind some slightly more inspiring swords to go with him.
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363171)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 28th, 2012 @ 8:10am CDT
Very cool, but I think I will pass.

This does bring me to a question. TF Prime toys have really only been showing up for a month, and already a head replacement, but a lot of my Beast Wars figures would look excellent with more accurate heads, but 3rd parties have totally avoided Beast Wars upgrades. Why?
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363179)
Posted by sabrigami on March 28th, 2012 @ 8:28am CDT
sold. My biggest complaint about the prime toys is the face masks. They wear them for such a small portion of the show. hopefully they will do prime next =P~
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363183)
Posted by rpetras on March 28th, 2012 @ 8:42am CDT
The more I think about it the more I may be interested in this.

If for no other reason than to differentiate him from my Classics Wheeljack, which I replaced with Prime WJ. I LOVE that mold!
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363184)
Posted by GetRightRobot on March 28th, 2012 @ 8:43am CDT
Hmm. Dr. Wu is consistent at least. EVERYTIME I see a Dr. Wu product I'm like "WUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu........" and swing my upright finger in slow small circles.

To be fair, it looks good, but unnecessary for me and mine.
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363199)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 28th, 2012 @ 9:28am CDT
I don't know, I got their first one and it didn't really wow me in quality.

Overall though, I think this is a good move. While I doubt they'll drive sales, upgrades for Prime will solve a major issue on our end accessing the original toys (unless it's one Hasbro decided to only ship one per case).
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363222)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on March 28th, 2012 @ 10:15am CDT
the "weapon" is the bomb that he sent back with con who imitated him (who's name escapes me) when he went back through the ground bridge.

I actually do really like the face though and really am considering it.

Are Dr. Wu's products resin or injection molded abs?
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363242)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on March 28th, 2012 @ 11:14am CDT
Coincidentally I'd just bought Wheeljack yesterday, and i noticed that the package art had something on his hip. This bomb thing looks exactly the same
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363272)
Posted by BeastProwl on March 28th, 2012 @ 12:26pm CDT
I was just saying yesterday, "Why didn't they just give Wheeljack his face?" And here it is! :grin:
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363290)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 28th, 2012 @ 1:14pm CDT
Hell. Yes.

Bought. So bought.
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363408)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on March 28th, 2012 @ 6:53pm CDT
The grenade is cool, but I prefer the facemask to maskless. I dunno why they keep giving everyone mouths, why in geewun some guys only had facemasks AND WE LIKED IT

But honestly, I'm glad this is out for people that like the maskless look, but to me, without the mask Jackie looks too much like one of the gremlins (on the show too, not a fault with this particular product).

Do NOT refuel Wheeljack after midnight!
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363410)
Posted by xyl360 on March 28th, 2012 @ 6:56pm CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:...a lot of my Beast Wars figures would look excellent with more accurate heads, but 3rd parties have totally avoided Beast Wars upgrades. Why?

AMEN! So THIS ^ !!!

Beast Wars just came along too early (or all these 3rd party companies came along too late) for Beast Wars to get much 3rd party love :(.

Anyway, back on topic. I think I will get this. It always bothered me that the figure for Jacky had his faceplate on when on the show (so far), you only see it once, and only briefly while most of the time he has a face.

The bomb accessory is neat. It's just like the one he had on his waist during his debut episode, and is the same one that he used for blowing up Makeshift (the shape changing Decepticon who tried to temporarily replace him).
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1363472)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on March 28th, 2012 @ 10:11pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:

AMEN! So THIS ^ !!!

Well, we have third party product that has given G1 figures more accurate heads or weapons. I'd like to see a head and weapons pack for Waspinator, a head and weapon pack for Transmetals Rattrap, I'd buy them in a heart beat too. Give be a nice, show accurate gun for Inferno and a show accurate head. Tell me these wouldn't sell like crazy. All of us Beast Wars kids are now reaching our mid twenties to early thirties, I'm sure they would do well.
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1364329)
Posted by El Duque on March 31st, 2012 @ 2:29pm CDT
We have some new images of Dr. Wu's upcoming upgrade set for Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Wheeljack, DW-TP01 Blade. The set comes with an open mask head replacement and grenade accessory. Images from ACToys mirrored below.

Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1364335)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on March 31st, 2012 @ 2:34pm CDT
MUST. HAVE.

IMO all the other "upgrades" they have put out pale in comparison to this. to me, this is a a sure buy and I hope they continue with the direction.
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1364344)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 31st, 2012 @ 2:54pm CDT
I have to admit it's looking pretty sexy.
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1364350)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on March 31st, 2012 @ 3:11pm CDT
Wuhoo indeed, ill get this upgrade i think PWJ head is quite terrible myself as said i wouldnt mind some new swords with that and new feet.
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1364356)
Posted by HelixPrime on March 31st, 2012 @ 3:22pm CDT
This would be an upgrade I would consider getting and i don't consider getting many third party stuff no matter how cool they look. :BOT:
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1364359)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on March 31st, 2012 @ 3:23pm CDT
Looks good, must have!
Re: Dr. Wu DW-TP01 Blade Replacement Head For TF Prime Wheeljack (1364368)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on March 31st, 2012 @ 3:42pm CDT
Ok, that is fracking sweet..

And just to nitpick, he is mis transformed in those pix..

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Universe Starscream Generations Classics 25th Anniversary Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Suzuki Swift Sport Gold Bug A-03 Goldbug USEd=D" on EBAY
Buy "FLAME TOYS Transformers Kkk Tarn Af Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron  Combaticons COMPLETE BRUTICUS" on EBAY
Buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Studio Series The Movie Deluxe Class 86-01 MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE TRAILBREAKER GOOD SIZE FOR SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "(2) STERLING TRANSFORMER CORP ST26744 TRANSFORMERS NEW. Govt  5950-00-442-5237" on EBAY
Buy "Blaster - Transformers Generation 1 Walmart Reissue - Brand New in Box" on EBAY