Wednesday, October 20th, 2021 2:27pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 35,118

The images of Skids and Bulkhead showed them coming with clear plastic weapons and that turns out to be the line's gimmick, as confirmed by Hasbro just now on Facebook:

Introducing the all-NEW Transformers Generations toy line, Transformers: LEGACY! Celebrating an almost 40-year legacy of Transformers, universes collide as fan-favorite characters are brought together from across the multiverse, updated with Generations styling. You can harness the power of Energon, with all-new Energon-infused weapon accessories that come with figures across the line.

While we had good lists of what this line entailed, including the wave distribution, we now have the EAN codes to go with them.

Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Core Optimus Prime 5010993974924
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Deluxe Skids 5010993974931
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Deluxe Energon Monster 5010994120399
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Deluxe Pointblank 5010994108526
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Deluxe Crankcase 5010994108595
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Deluxe Deadend 5010994120405
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Voyager Jhiaxus 5010993941117
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Voyager S Soundwave (Repack) 5010993941148
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Voyager Blaster 5010993941100
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Voyager Bulkhead 5010993942107
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Voyager Armada Starscr 5010994110291
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Voyager Inferno 5010994110307
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Leader Blitzwing 5010993934294
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Leader Galvatron (repack) 5010993941124
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Leader Laser Optimus Prime 5010993934300
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Leader Dragon Megs 5010994114978
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Motormaster 5010994111366
Transformers Generation Legacy Evolution Metroplex 5010994112578
Transformers Generation Selects Titan Black Zarak 5010993931989

Transformers News: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimick

Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118945)
Posted by jtanimator on October 20th, 2021 @ 2:30pm CDT
Oh man. it's been a minute since I felt like we were mixing up the pot. I'm feeling....actual excitement. I love what they're doing by mixing different TF continuities to all feel unified. I may be in the minority with this, but I was ready to entirely skip out on the Prime figures from the Legacy line, since they have no spot on my shelves and match absolutely nothing I own. But this is truly genius. Taking legendary characters and making them match the WFC style. These will be mine, and virtually every other character they style mash like this. Bravo Hasbro.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118946)
Posted by sol magnus on October 20th, 2021 @ 2:31pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:https://www.ign.com/articles/new-transformers-generations-legacy-figure-line-announced-by-hasbro

New pics of Skids and... Bulkhead! What have they done to you?!

Two things -

I can see the Skids upgrade kits in my head right now.

I see why Prime and Bulkhead are retools. Him being in line with Generations will make me actually buy the Bulkhead "Prime" accuracy not withstanding.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118947)
Posted by william-james88 on October 20th, 2021 @ 2:34pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I have no strong opinions either way as I wasn't planning on getting any of these, probably will skip most of Legacy anyway... I just wonder how many messages John Warden is getting asking him to come back to Transformers :lol:

These were probably designed by Warden given the design time....

I think this is the first batch of Generations toys we are seeing that do not have Warden's involvement.

A shame as at least we could have blamed burnout as to why these figures looked the way they did.

The clear Energon weapon gimmick pleases me though, wonder I you can combine them like the ones in the Energon line, like how it was possible to give Energon Starscream a 'Cloud' sized sword.

There seem to be at least 3 attachment points on Skid's Energon weapon so yeah, I think you can.
Though it would probably look something more like this (top right):

Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118948)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 20th, 2021 @ 2:40pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Oh, so that's their take on Bulkhead? Uh. Nice idea, but I'll pass.

I remember people speculating that JP93 was based on a potential Skids. Looks like that's out the window.

Was the older Gen Skids too small in vehicle mode? That's the only thing that makes me kinda want a new one. This one looks fine. Like Skids. But also doesn't blow me away or anything.

Gen Skids had wierd clown shoe feet eith no heel and could be backheavy in some poses due to the over the shoulder cannons the V mode was fine and the toy was a lot of fun to play with. I also really liked thr Crosscut and Rally Car redecos it got. Just not the huge but also somehow useless feet

Obviously I'm just thinking about myself and what I'm looking to buy and the pros/cons for me only.

Skids is leaning on someone else right now. But that's alright. The feet are a problem on him, but it's the vehicle mode scale that I'm concerned with. The new figure doesn't wow me, so I don't need to get it. Nothing particularly wrong with it; I just don't need it.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118949)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 20th, 2021 @ 2:42pm CDT
one thing I've been beginning to wonder, what if these new stunticons aren't the G1 ones? there have been 2 teams of stunticons, one in the animated continuity, and the other in the aligned universe. I mean, not that they were radically different (animated style not withstanding)

I mean, Menasor was by and large the WORST combiner wars combiner (unless you count that horrible liokaiser), which is saying something since a couple of his limbs were some of the best robots, so I wouldn't mind replacing them. guess we will know soon enough.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118950)
Posted by CyclonusG1 on October 20th, 2021 @ 2:43pm CDT
I can see why some are a little bit disappointed here, especially with Bulkhead. In a lime called Legacy, I was expecting to see celebrations of the variety of designs and characters that have existed in Transformers over the years, not G1 versions of those characters. G1 versions that largely probably exist just so Hasbro can reuse the figure again as a different character. I get the Bulkhead's design is a bit 1 and done but it signals a worrying sign for future figures in this line based on non-G1 characters. Skids looks alright but I really really wish Hasbro would do something about the constant gaps in limbs. If giving us an actual transformation to legs leaves us with huge gaps on the inside of legs, then I'd prefer it if they went back to the old classic thighs collapse down into lower legs method. It's not like either of these figures are actually bad just disappointing based on what fans were hoping to see.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118951)
Posted by Mistaken_Table on October 20th, 2021 @ 2:52pm CDT
Is this all of next year's? If so, I'll only be spending, like, £200 next year.

This almost starts to ease the pain of Kingdom ending.

*sobs Beast Wars theme*
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118953)
Posted by Overcracker on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:04pm CDT
Interesting take on Bulkhead. More so because it seems to be calling back to Animated Bulkhead more than Prime Bulkhead.

Prime Bulkhead was an SUV. Animated Bulhead is the one that had the military truck type alt mode.

But I guess this was clearly designed for Beast Hunters Prime first and modified for Bulkhead as its second use after.

Skids is 100% G1 skids.

That said, think I'll pass on both of these.

I may pick up the Prime usage of the mold though.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118954)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:05pm CDT
Mistaken_Table wrote:Is this all of next year's? If so, I'll only be spending, like, £200 next year.

This almost starts to ease the pain of Kingdom ending.

*sobs Beast Wars theme*

I think the only stuff we don't know is Exclusives at this point but that's it for retail
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118956)
Posted by william-james88 on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:21pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

This almost starts to ease the pain of Kingdom ending.

*sobs Beast Wars theme*

Tra Gen Velocitron Black Convoy x2

Walgreens:
Tra Gen legacy Dlx Minerva x8

Target:
Tra Gen Dlx Red Card 1 x8
Tra Gen Dlx Red Card 2 x8
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118957)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:28pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

This almost starts to ease the pain of Kingdom ending.

*sobs Beast Wars theme*

Tra Gen Velocitron Black Convoy x2

Walgreens:
Tra Gen legacy Dlx Minerva x8

Target:
Tra Gen Dlx Red Card 1 x8
Tra Gen Dlx Red Card 2 x8
That's certainly some of them, yes, but I highly doubt that's all of them, that's probably just all the ones we know so far. Amazon is conspicuously missing from that lineup, there's no guarantee Velocitron will be only one wave, and we've already heard additional rumors of stuff since this list went up that wasn't on it.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118958)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:29pm CDT
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118961)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:32pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:Wondering if a strika repaint/retool of Bulkhead might be possible, beats machines needs some love -although I'm not sure it would be love.

It would look just as much like Strika as it does Bulkhead, I guess.

Even though I'm not a fan, I wouldn't mind Thrust and Jetstorm. I like their designs.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118962)
Posted by Autobot N on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:33pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

This almost starts to ease the pain of Kingdom ending.

*sobs Beast Wars theme*

Tra Gen Velocitron Black Convoy x2

Walgreens:
Tra Gen legacy Dlx Minerva x8

Target:
Tra Gen Dlx Red Card 1 x8
Tra Gen Dlx Red Card 2 x8
I'm pretty sure it was said that one of the Redcard ones was Bluestreak
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118964)
Posted by Flashwave on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:51pm CDT
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118966)
Posted by Autobot N on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:53pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:Wait, where is everyone seeing a BeastOotimus Prime? I can see it from Bulkhead but I don’t see a listing. Just Laser Prime.
There was a rumor a while back that Bulkhead is the way he is because he shares tooling with a Prime Optimus Prime.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118967)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:54pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

It would look just as much like Strika as it does Bulkhead, I guess.

I wouldn't think so, the Vehicon designs are too alien for any Earthen design to be used for them as retools.

Animated Bulkhead was a military six-wheeled vehicle, with the cab as a chest, so... I don't know :lol:
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118968)
Posted by william-james88 on October 20th, 2021 @ 3:57pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote: Amazon is conspicuously missing from that lineup, there's no guarantee Velocitron will be only one wave, and we've already heard additional rumors of stuff since this list went up that wasn't on it.

Ah right, Amazon, forgot that one. So yeah, as Zerowolf said, we don't know them all yet.

Transforming beats got all the love they needed in AOE

As people have said above, there are other toys that have only been rumoured and we are missing info on some exclusives. For instance, anything from Amazon. Although I personally don't remember it being specifically Beast Hunters Optimus Prime, simply an Optimus Prime toy. We also have an Optimus Prime toy coming out in the Rise line based on a video game (also, just a rumour).

But in any case, it means the toy sharing its mold with Bulkhead will probably not be a mainline toy.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118971)
Posted by Brokebot on October 20th, 2021 @ 4:09pm CDT
I'm not very impressed with what I'm seeing. That Bulkhead gives me no reason to be hopeful for any of the Prime bots, but I might pick up the Stunticons if they combine into a decent Menasor.

Once again, it looks like Hasbro has decided to save me some money by putting out another line I don't care for.
Re: EAN Codes for the Transformers Legacy Line and Hasbro Confirms the Line's Gimmick (2118975)
Posted by LE0KING on October 20th, 2021 @ 4:54pm CDT
s-l400 (1).jpg
Bulkhead has to be a pretool for a rescue bots salvage.
s-l400.jpg

Come on Generations Rescue Bots!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return MINDWIPE & VORATH Deluxe Headmaster Opened" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Bundle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Decepticon Blitzwing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Octone Hasbro Voyager Octane Figure Triple Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Legends Class Rumble/Frenzy Incomplete #RIBFIR" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak 100% Complete" on EBAY