Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail

Transformers News: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail

Monday, February 17th, 2020 1:47pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,172

It was a good day hunting for your fellow editor. During a visit to my local Toysrus in the Montreal area, I found three classes of the new Earthrise line. The ones found were the Battle Masters with Soundbarrier and a rerelease of Smashdown, two sets of Micro Masters and voyagers Starscream and Grapple. They are the same prices as last year (so $29.99 for voyagers, ect). With the leaders already being found, the only figures left to be found are the deluxes. By comparison, The entire Earthrise line has already been found in the US, with the Battle Masters being the most recent. They were all found at Target, which is the only with Earhrise figures at the moment.

Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052598)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on February 17th, 2020 @ 1:55pm CST
Awesome news with your latest find at the store. Definitely looking forward to finding Grapple.
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052604)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 17th, 2020 @ 2:51pm CST
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052605)
Posted by LinaNui on February 17th, 2020 @ 3:05pm CST
Moving right along, I’m finding more and more redeeming qualities for ER Prime he’s pretty rad. If you missed Siege Prime, ER Prime is a must. I could see people getting this and saying they’ll never need another Prime again.[/quote]

Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052607)
Posted by Stargrave on February 17th, 2020 @ 3:21pm CST
LinaNui wrote:Moving right along, I’m finding more and more redeeming qualities for ER Prime he’s pretty rad. If you missed Siege Prime, ER Prime is a must. I could see people getting this and saying they’ll never need another Prime again.

We say that now, but once part 3 rolls in with a new leader/voyager prime, people are gong to ditch the ER one. Just like what is happening with the siege prime[/quote]

Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052610)
Posted by Lore Keeper on February 17th, 2020 @ 4:26pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:I'm still having no luck finding any Earthrise figures around the Twin Cities area. All of the Targets around me are still stocked full of Siege stuff. There's all sorts of Battle Masters (except Smashdown) available. Rung and Singe keep popping up from time to time. Same with the Micromasters, even including the harder to find Soundwave Spy Patrol from wave 2. The Battle Squad and Rumble & Ratbat 2-packs have all apparently dried up since Xmas. Deluxes are mostly Wave 4 (minus Mirage) with a healthy sprinkling of Wave 5 Crosshairs and Spinister. The Voyagers are almost all just Megatron, Starscream, and Thundercracker, with an occasional Optimus Prime. There's no sign of Springer or Apeface anymore. Soundwave was hardly ever on the shelves around here either. The Leaders are all Shockwave, with a few Ultra Magnus figures thrown in. No sign ever of Astrotrain, and no remaining Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Primes either.

Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052611)
Posted by LinaNui on February 17th, 2020 @ 4:36pm CST
I feel your pain. I never once saw Rumble and Ratbat. It seems I missed out on them without ever really getting a chance to pick them up. Cheapest I can find the 2 pack for now is $36...[/quote]

$36 Dang! I think I should look into selling my extra copy! I feel like they may get repacked into wave 2 or 3 of ER. Just have to hold out.
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052612)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 17th, 2020 @ 4:43pm CST
I did a run of all 3 area Target stores yesterday. While I found Deluxes and Battlemasters, there were no Voyagers and Leaders. Of Earthrise, that is. It appears that all three stores received a very healthy stock of Siege Shockwave, Megatron, and Thundercracker. One store had gotten a couple cases of wave 1 Siege Deluxe class as well. I was very disappoint.
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052613)
Posted by o.supreme on February 17th, 2020 @ 4:52pm CST
I've been told There doesn't seem to be any official street date, or release date (if you will), in the continental U.S.-but it does seem rather convenient that for months there are leaks here-and-there, and then all of a sudden, there seems to be this major release all at once. Maybe its self imposed by each business?...I don't know. All I do know is that no any Target in my area has even had a whiff of Earthrise. In the past, I've been on a rare occasion able to finagle an early toy out a of a employee from the back room, but not this year.

I keep checking each weekend, as this seems to be the pattern of when a major roll out occurs in the past. I'm thinking since 2/29 is a Saturday, this is when it may happen (as close to 3/1 as you can be), but there's still one more week to go before then, and of course the Toyfare reveals make it an ideal time to unleash the line as a whole.

There have been so many Leader Shockwaves cluttering up the shelf space, its probably for the best that ER hasn't had its full release yet. I think Target may have had a sale recently, but I'm not sure. Up to 2 weeks ago, every Target in my area had 4-8 Shockwaves, now they seem to be half that, or less, which is slightly encouraging. I ended up getting Singe online for $15. I can wait on Rung's eventual Earthrise re-release. Same with Astrotrain.
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052614)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 17th, 2020 @ 4:54pm CST
Guess what! Soon after posting about the lack of Earthrise figures around the Twin Cities, I finally spotted the Wave 1 Voyagers at Target! There were two Grapples and one Starscream available. I got one of each, leaving one other Grapple on the shelf. Unfortunately, the boxes were sliced along the top, probably due to an overzealous use of a box cutter when opening the case, but I'm not an MISB collector anyway. Transformers are meant to be free of their paper and plastic prisons so they can be transformed back and forth! Every other size class was still Siege, though. I even had an employee check if any other Earthrise stuff was in the back or nearby stores. No luck there, but at least I've got my foot in the door with Earthrise! Grapple and Starscream look amazing in-hand. I can hardly wait to get home and open them up! Here's hoping that the rest of Wave 1 isn't far behind here. I want Leader Earthrise Optimus Prime so much!
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052615)
Posted by o.supreme on February 17th, 2020 @ 5:03pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:Transformers are meant to be free of their paper and plastic prisons so they can be transformed back and forth!

This has definitely been the prevailing attitude for the past 15 years or so, which is nice. Prior to that things were different. I was never a MISB collector myself, but when I was collecting original series items, especially Japanese Transformers, I did try to go for MIB, so could take them out occasionally, look at them, but then put them back in the package.

But I agree with anything that is basically not an original series TF, might as well be opened and enjoyed. I see large collections of Armada-recent generations stuff MISB asking for exorbitant prices, and nobody is going for it. Of course there is the occasional rare item, which may warrant such a thing, but that's a personal choice.

I just wonder now, with some items getting a 2nd release, if we will start to see a slight resurgence of MISB demand. Personally , as long as there are no significant changes between Siege & Earthrise Astrotrain, I don't care when I get it. But I can see some having the mentality that the Siege version *came first*, and presumably has a lower production quantity, trying to drive up it's value. I guess only time will tell.
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052616)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 17th, 2020 @ 5:06pm CST

I was a bit unhappy about SIEGE Prime's height (not that I EVER saw him on shelves, I'd have had to order him), but I'm nevertheless tempted by Earthrise Leader Optimus Prime; he has a lot going for him. I'm holding out hope that maaaaybe there'll be a Commander-class Special Edition with a larger trailer that interacts with Titan Masters the way the G1 trailer interacts with Diaclone pilots, but that's probably a pipe dream.
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052618)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 17th, 2020 @ 5:15pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I too take the stance that Transformers are playthings, not trophies. The only real value of MISB from that standpoint is the guarantee that the toy's unbroken and has all its bits.

Exactly. When I have to buy a Transformer on the secondary market because of scarcity at retail or just missing the boat initially, I prefer getting them MISB if at all possible, just because I know the figure hasn't been handled roughly and that there won't be any missing pieces, worn joints or paint, or other wear-and-tear kinds of damage. I take care of my toys, but I don't trust anyone else to handle them, lol! ;)
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052619)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 17th, 2020 @ 5:23pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:

I tend to shoot for "loose complete" (although MISB is nice if I can get it without pain), although I have bought partial and broken figures out of cheapness - typically with regards to G1 and G2. Take the guy in my avatar - broken and headless when I bought him. My G1 Trypticon had a leg broken off (which I repaired with full success).
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052621)
Posted by aronjlove on February 17th, 2020 @ 5:56pm CST
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052626)
Posted by william-james88 on February 17th, 2020 @ 7:06pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:Rung and Singe keep popping up from time to time.

In my end we got lots of astrotrains and apefaces but toysrus has skipped rung and singe. Dont think Walmart will get them either. So we all have our woes.

By the way, I saw your comment about Siege grapple and I agree, he looks great in hand. BUT after transforming him, I really dislike him. The truck mode does not look good (too flat) and pieces do not peg in. So here is my current stance:

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

o.supreme wrote:I've been told There doesn't seem to be any official street date, or release date (if you will), in the continental U.S.-but it does seem rather convenient that for months there are leaks here-and-there, and then all of a sudden, there seems to be this major release all at once. Maybe its self imposed by each business?

It has no street date from hasbro. Those are usually for movie toys so that they ensure that they are on shelves at the same time of the film. Any restriction you would see is from the retailer, if any.

The official initial date for Earhrise was January 2020. Hence why the US got the initial toys that month and Entertainment earth started shipping out some classes that month as well.
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052632)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 17th, 2020 @ 8:29pm CST
aronjlove wrote:I just paid way too much for Earthrise Smashdown on Amazon and there is one left if anyone wants: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZQXSBMY

I hope they show up en masse around here, I need 5 more (and 5 more nicknames)
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052633)
Posted by STngAR on February 17th, 2020 @ 8:48pm CST
Picked up Astrotrain and Optimus today at Target. Was kind of a shock after the last 2 weeks of checking and only seeing shockwave there. I saw that green on the package and was like :shock:

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052634)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 17th, 2020 @ 9:29pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Rung and Singe keep popping up from time to time.

-"Change my mind" image snipped-
The relatively flat look compared to 2010 "Grappel" is suited for the cartoon and for an older Mitsubishi Fuso truck in general. And the classic Fuso truck mode has much better styling than the bootleg Pierce Contender that the Universe Inferno mold turned into.
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052635)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 17th, 2020 @ 9:33pm CST
Stargrave wrote:

Oh for sure but for now I’m living in the moment :lol: I said the EXACT same thing with Siege Prime.[/quote]
and Power of the Primes Prime

and TR Powermaster Prime

and CW Red and white Primes

sigh, I have a Prime problem...
Re: Earthrise Battle Masters, Micromasters and Voyagers found at Canadian Retail (2052638)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 17th, 2020 @ 10:33pm CST
A Prime problem? Then YOU MUST HAVE A RACE!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #244 - Call Me Maybe
"Call Me Maybe"
Posted: Saturday, March 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Night Heatwave Toys &amp Games" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Quick Dig Boulder" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain Voyager Figure Complete RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee 4K Bluray 2018 Transformers Mint" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Graham Burns Artic Rescue Figure Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro - TRANSFORMERS - Playskool Heroes - RESCUE BOTS 2-1/2" Evil MORBOT - 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vintage G1 Autobot Boom Box Radio Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Lot of 5 Action Sci-Fi. Transformers (2), DeadPool, iRobot, Men in Black II" on EBAY