Friday, January 17th, 2020 12:04pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 35,818

Leakin' Lubricants!

A leaked image of the packaging artwork from the upcoming and highly anticipated Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise has appeared online. The image advances the story of the War for Cybertron tale as the Transformers saga moves from Cybertron to Outer Space to Earth.

Transformers News: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages!

The left side of the artwork features Unicron on the top, followed by Megatron, a Quintesson Judge, Doubledealer, Shockwave (up-to-no-good, might I add) and some Transformer in a bubble or something circular. On the right, at the top is the Decepticon's ship the Nemesis attacking the Autobot's Ark, followed by Optimus Prime, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Bumblebee (in a very Volkswagen-ish looking body), Trailbreaker (oddly in his Thrilling 30 Generations body), Arcee and Sideswipe (possibly in his SIEGE body).

Since Hasbro's packaging artwork generally is intended to promote the general story line or theme of the products available in the current product line-up, we are assuming this more-or-less confirms several leaks of rumored figures such as Doubledealer, Arcee, and Quintesson Judge. Fans have also speculated that Bumblebee would be making appearance in Earthrise, though some fans were disappointed that he didn't show up in the SIEGE line in his Cybertronian flying saucer mode (not to mention Wheeljack and Jazz for that matter).

Fellow Seibertronian carytheone pointed out that the Transformer behind might possibly be Blurr and that the one being experimented on by Shockwave has a vague "Kup" look to him.

carytheone wrote:With this new artwork and some of the Siege characters, I'm starting to get a TF:TM roster vibe.

With Toy Fair 2020 just a little over a month away, make sure you stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news as more information keeps spilling over the top, into our news, and on to your device screens!

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade for sharing this image with us, which was originally posted by @transformerscca on Twitter.

If you have any theories, make sure to share them on our forums in the Earthrise Discussion Thread. Speculate away fellow Seibertronians!

Credit(s): @transformerscca

This article was last modified on Friday, January 17th, 2020 1:00pm CST

Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049589)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:05pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:Hound, Sideswipe and maybe Shockwave appear to be the Siege design/mold. That could be good news that they aren't playing on re-releasing them in new "earthmodes".
I agree, and hope you are correct.
I am curious about Trailbreaker looking very T30 though. He's like Arcee - happy with what I got, but open to be swayed.
I feel like some times, the artists have to start so early on these illustrations, that without the actual reference (i.e. the currant toys that are in production) they have to turn to other things for reference, like older designs. It's happened before, but I'm drawing a blank for an example. Of course they could have used Hoist for ref, but... ?

That certainly sounds plausible for Trailbreaker and Arcee, but then how to you explain Bee? He appears to have VW type feet, which could come from a previous figure, but he also has obvious 5mm ports on his forearms and shoulders, which I don't think any previous Bees have had. It could be them sort of using Cliffjumper as a model and then switching out the head and feet, but as you mentioned, why wouldn't they do that for Trailbreaker?
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049590)
Posted by carytheone on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:07pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:Something a little disturbing to point out. Is this a sign of Sideswipe getting reformatted to an earth mode?

Reformatting Lines.jpg
Note that the Ark is partially covered in the grid pattern too.
Ah maybe, but just looks like highlights to me. The grid could be just a cool art effect as Arcee is also "griding out" (or would it be in). Seems odd they it's only applied to them and that Arcee design is pretty Cybertronian. #rampantspeculation

The Ark.jpg
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049591)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:13pm CST
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049592)
Posted by carytheone on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:15pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Yeah the Arc isn't covered by the grid. Though I'm intrigued by the news that Cary is a staff member :lol:
Ex 8-)
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049593)
Posted by blackeyedprime on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:16pm CST
hopefully they aint going with shockwave made the dinobots frak up again, would be fine with him converting some hapless bot into a predacon though (or the bot in a bubble could be from another transformers generation. or sadly just soundwave). Can't really get any hints at what Earthrise megatron is at his point :(

T30 trailbreakers virtually a siege figure as is with the holes on his arms, just needs holes in his feet but it will be surprising if they dont use a retool of ER hoist. Wondering if Hound will get an earth mode too now and how/if minicons are going to be handled.
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049594)
Posted by carytheone on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:20pm CST
Seibertron wrote:It also appears that the new packaging artwork has hidden messages for Transformers fans to decode. In the image below, a hidden message reads "Micron" below some Cybertronian text to the right of a Transformers head. It is currently unknown what the significance of that message means at this time.
Unsurprisingly the Cybertronian text just says micron :lol:

micron.jpg

Seibertron wrote:Finally, the Ark is shown crashing into the Earth. As most of you know, the Ark being attacked by the Nemesis and then crashing into the Earth is one of the key story elements to the Transformers mythos, which was first told in Marvel Comics first issue of "The Transformers" as well as the first episode of the G1 cartoon pilot "More Than Meets The Eye Part 1".

erf.jpg

blackeyedprime wrote:T30 trailbreakers virtually a siege figure as is with the holes on his arms, just needs holes in his feet but it will be surprising if they dont use a retool of ER hoist..
I think it's 99.999% likely TB will use the ER Hoist mold. Or is it the other way around?
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049595)
Posted by sol magnus on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:24pm CST
Wow. Pretty interesting overall. I can't wait for this stuff to drop!
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049596)
Posted by Seibertron on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:36pm CST
carytheone wrote:Enhance 8-)

So Blurry.jpg

And here I was hoping that would be Devcon. I so want a proper Devcon figure complete with a Sleezardo figurine (or whatever that little guy was named).
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049597)
Posted by Seibertron on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:41pm CST
Man, that artwork has me really wanting Nemesis and Ark playsets. Nothing fancy necessary. Just Millennium Falcon like playsets that open up to allow smaller Transformers to interact with the command center, repair bays, etc. It'd be perfect for Micromasters or even Legion Class sized figures (really wish we had War for Cybertron Legion Class figures of all of the primary characters ... that would be awesome). Heck, it might even be fun to have Micromasters of some of the main characters! Operation: Micro! The Ark and Nemesis don't even need to be in scale with the regular sized Transformers, it just needs to be big enough to look nice on display or in a gallery with the various faction members displayed in front.

And if we're getting to Earth, I could really go for some out-of-scale 3.75" humans like Spike, Sparkplug, Carly, Chip Chase, Dr Archeville, Marissa Faireborn, and so on. Even Primacron, the Armada kids, RID's TAI, or the RID 2015 humans would be great, or any other small supporting characters that don't transform. I'd rather have out-of-scale but nice looking versions of any of those characters over in-scale but weird looking humans that come with Human Alliance or Masterpiece figures. I still think any of those supporting characters would be great pack-ins with a Masters of the Universe style "Weapons Pak" (sic). I can hear the commercial now (narrated by Victor Caroli, if available, or Jon Bailey, doing his best Victor Caroli impersonation).

Victor Caroli wrote:Transformers Nemesis and Ark Interactive Electronic Battleships(TM) Transformers Battle Packs with Friends!(TM)" coming soon to your local toy store!

Ah, a Transformers fan site owner can dream, right? :)
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049598)
Posted by carytheone on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:41pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
carytheone wrote:Enhance 8-)

So Blurry.jpg
I'd rather see that as well, I have enough Blurrs in my life. The bot seems to have a doodad on top of his head just like Devcon. I'm not one to crush dreams; I am one to grab screen caps though. While we're speculating, might as well get a good look at that Bee boi.

Devon and the Bee.jpg

EDIT: I'll second your wants for some playsets. Doesn't seem like their current bag and I don't have the room, but I'd find it!

Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049599)
Posted by blackeyedprime on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:45pm CST
carytheone wrote:Another pointless thing I noticed while going over the image. That isn't North America.

erf.jpg

It's not Pangaea/Beastwars earth either, there goes hopes that I didnt have until just now for part 3 of the trilogy, I'll have to settle for a Russian Red Son Optimus :P
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049600)
Posted by Seibertron on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:55pm CST
blackeyedprime wrote:

erf.jpg

I can see it now ... Marvel What If? #5884 "What if the Transformers crashed in Moscow instead of Portland?" Dun! Dun! Dun!
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049602)
Posted by Seibertron on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:56pm CST
carytheone wrote:I'd rather see that as well, I have enough Blurrs in my life. The bot seems to have a doodad on top of his head just like Devcon.

Blurr has a doodad on his head also. But it's a very fast doodad. Like a Doodad Swoosh!!! (in italics to boot)
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049603)
Posted by carytheone on January 17th, 2020 @ 12:59pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
I wonder if the bot in question will just be Red Shirtimus?
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049604)
Posted by Seibertron on January 17th, 2020 @ 1:06pm CST

It's not North America, but it sure looks like North America with other continents. Could it be prehistoric supercontintent Pangea? That would make sense if they crashed in prehistoric times, but not if they changed the story to them crashing in modern times. Depends on which version of the story the powers-that-be at Hasbro want to tell in War for Cybertron. I hope they stick with crashing millions of years ago story line, which I always thought was really epic when I was a kid.

carytheone wrote:

Or is it that all of the characters in that artwork are in their Cybertronian forms that had Cybertronian mode toys at some point, retroactively making Thrilling 30 Trailcutter be Trailbreaker's Cybertronian form in this continuity? This excludes Bumblebee and Wheeljack, however, you know the two who we all most likely would have liked to have seen in their Cybertronian modes in SIEGE given their significance in the G1 cartoon origin story.
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049605)
Posted by blackeyedprime on January 17th, 2020 @ 1:10pm CST
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049606)
Posted by carytheone on January 17th, 2020 @ 1:15pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
I mean sure why not, but it looks an awful like like modern day Europe/Asia to me. Spain, Italy, the UK and all other landmarks can clearly be seen.

Seibertron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049607)
Posted by Randomhero on January 17th, 2020 @ 1:16pm CST
Seibertron wrote:

carytheone wrote:

You can see the UK Spain and Italy...
Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049608)
Posted by Seibertron on January 17th, 2020 @ 1:22pm CST
blackeyedprime wrote:Dunno, it looks like U.K in the art, but then and again we might have had a pangaeaexit back then (what? too soon? grabs coat and leaves).

:lol:

This is what I see when I look at the artwork. It could be an artist's interpretation of Pangea, but this is what I see when looking at the artwork.

Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages! (2049610)
Posted by Seibertron on January 17th, 2020 @ 1:30pm CST
carytheone wrote:I like your line of thinking a far as a logical flow, but I was stating that TB's toy will use the Hoist mold. When I said the other way around I was just suggesting TB is the pre-tool.

I completely agree with you. I'm just thinking that in the artwork, they are all in their pre-Earth robot modes (Wheeljack and Bumblebee aren't because they have no toy representation as such, so we are to assume that their robot modes looked identical on Cybertron as it did on Earth, based on this artwork. 100% agree that Trailbreaker would be a retool (or pre-tool) of Hoist, especially considering how much bigger and better the new mold is than the disappointing Thrilling 30 Hoist and Trailcutter toys. Hoist is amazing in person. Can't wait to get my hands on him!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Movie Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Swerve *COMPLETE*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream New Factory Sealed Poly Bag MISB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "CB4K TMNT Transformers Doctor Who Archie Spirit Coloring Book Limited 50 / 200" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Tailgate figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 60 SCRAPPER ROTF Revenge of the Fallen Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers lot 50+ acid storm huffer bumblebee starscream prime megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime, Deluxe Class, Starscream (First Edition)" on EBAY