Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada

Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada

Wednesday, August 12th, 2020 6:36pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 36,692

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Toysrus reopened in Canada a little while ago but there didn't seem to be anything new. That's all changed now since Earthrise Scorponok and Skylynx have been found along with the Seeker two pack featuring Thundercracker and Skywarp. The sightings come from Ontario. The image below was posted by Havokboix on Cybertron.ca who found these in Mississauga.

There was a 20% off sale this week and these are the prices they were at:

Seeker 2 pack: 63.97 ($49 USD)
Skylynx: 95.97 ($72 USD)
Scorponok: 199.97 ($151 USD)

Transformers News: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada

Also, speaking of Canadian sightings, the battle call Cyberverse figures were found at Walmart for $35 CAD ($27 USD).

Transformers News: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075851)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on August 12th, 2020 @ 7:14pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Toysrus reopened in Canada a little while ago but there didn't seem to be anything new. That's all changed now since Earthrise Scorponok and Skylynx have been found along with the Seeker two pack featuring Thundercracker and Skywarp. The sightings come from Ontario. The image below was posted by Havokboix on Cybertron.ca who found these in Mississauga.

There was a 20% off sale this week and these are the prices they were at:

Seeker 2 pack: 63.97 ($49 USD)
Skylynx: 95.97 ($72 USD)
Scorponok: 199.97 ($151 USD)


Those are some nice prices!!


I went into Walmart just a couple days ago, and the TF Siege/ER section was completely empty.
I've never seen a section literally empty like this. There was a lot fro Cyberverse but that was it.
I was just in the Target by me and the only ER figures were 2 Starscreams (there was some Siege stuff).

Does anyone else think that Hastak is pumping the brakes with distributing ER stuff because the show was delayed and the toys for the second part of the show were released waaaay early?
Would a company lose money if they back-out of sending product to stores? Or does Hastak have an established "contract" with a store like Target which reserves peg and shelf space, and if they don't send product, the higher-up's for Target just sit back and think, "Well, it's your product that's not being sold since you're not sending it... As much as we don't like the look of a thinned-out section, we're still making money from the contract we agreed to so we can deal with some empty pegs".
Just seems like for quite a while this area has been really thin with ER stuff...
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075852)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 12th, 2020 @ 7:29pm CDT
I wouldn't say the toys for the second part were released too early, 2020 was always the year for Earthrise. The Combiner Wars cartoon didn't release till after that line had finished. Plus the show wasn't delayed by that much (we're talking months) Siege cartoon was never going to debut when the Siege line was out.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075853)
Posted by william-james88 on August 12th, 2020 @ 7:34pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I wouldn't say the toys for the second part were released too early, 2020 was always the year for Earthrise. The Combiner Wars cartoon didn't release till after that line had finished. Plus the show wasn't delayed by that much (we're talking months) Siege cartoon was never going to debut when the Siege line was out.

Yeah, that's why the toyline accompanying it is the Netflix line, not the siege line.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075858)
Posted by o.supreme on August 12th, 2020 @ 8:28pm CDT
It's Walmart's Netflix War For Cybertron Toys, based on the Netflix War For Cybertron (Siege), show, based on the Hasbro War For Cybertron (Siege) toys.... I mean c'mon how easy is that 8-}
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075859)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on August 12th, 2020 @ 8:51pm CDT
There is still a global pandemic and nascent recession which is affecting supply chains, staffing, and consumption, as well as retailer priorities. I'm guessing *gestures around at global chaos* all of this probably has more to do with your given stores' stocks than trans-media scheduling.

Also, I don't know how specific exclusive arrangements work, but at a high level stores make their money when they sell products and not when they ... don't.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075876)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on August 13th, 2020 @ 12:21am CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:There is still a global pandemic and nascent recession which is affecting supply chains, staffing, and consumption, as well as retailer priorities. I'm guessing *gestures around at global chaos* all of this probably has more to do with your given stores' stocks than trans-media scheduling.


Absolutely could be... Just interesting that as I've walked through that store multiple times in the last couple months, nothing else has consistently stood out to me as being sparsely stocked. In other words, the store doesn't look like it's missing 1/3 of it's normal product. And it wouldn't take any examining to notice this.... Seems that all the global chaos would be affecting a lot of various companies.

AcademyofDrX wrote:Also, I don't know how specific exclusive arrangements work, but at a high level stores make their money when they sell products and not when they ... don't.


Right... But a high level store like Target doesn't need to sell TF... That was part of my point.
Selling thousands of products means TF are literally a single drop in the bucket.
So IF Hasbro chose to slow the distribution of toys from a single line such as TF (which no matter the reason is happening in my area), Target as a corporation doesn't need to care much. A decline in toy sales?
Yeah, could spell trouble with only 20 billion in profits to fall back on.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075904)
Posted by ScottyP on August 13th, 2020 @ 9:27am CDT
My wave 2 Micromasters arrived from EE yesterday and spawned a minor epiphany - I don't care if they never finish these sets/teams. Micromasters deserved better than this output. Astro Squad looks fine as robots but this space shuttle barely holds together. The top panel of the front part is meant to hold by friction over what becomes the back of Fuzer's robot legs and it just can't do it. Blast Master's head can't rotate all the way in because there is literally not clearance to rotate it as shown in the instructions. The cavity it needs to go into is visibly too narrow and not in the "barely too narrow let me grab my hobby knife" kind of way. Ground Hog inherits that thing from a few G1 Micromasters where the back of the feet will have to be worn down over time to easily complete their 180 rotation for alt mode. It may break before that ever happens because after positioning the top of the arms/sidepanels so the front end can barely stay put, I noticed some nasty stressing on the shoulder ball joints already forming. That's with a minute or two of handling. Also, it took me way to long to realize he's entirely the wrong color. The engineering and sculpting is fine in principal but the materials used and final execution doesn't feel adequate or thoroughly tested.

To end on a positive, Roller Force is really cool and doesn't have the problems the others do. I like this one, it's an example of proper execution unlike the other three in this wave.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075906)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on August 13th, 2020 @ 9:50am CDT
They're so tiny though, there's only so much you can do with a mass-produced product at this size and price point. I'm glad we have them, but I've never expected that much from them. We've only seen them in Generations in this virtual thirty year anniversary line, so I'm not holding out hope for another redo anytime soon.

On the other hand, maybe Minicons will come back into fashion and we'll get a different set of updated tiny Transformers that learn from this line's opportunities.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075951)
Posted by ScottyP on August 13th, 2020 @ 7:35pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:They're so tiny though, there's only so much you can do with a mass-produced product at this size and price point. I'm glad we have them, but I've never expected that much from them. We've only seen them in Generations in this virtual thirty year anniversary line, so I'm not holding out hope for another redo anytime soon.

On the other hand, maybe Minicons will come back into fashion and we'll get a different set of updated tiny Transformers that learn from this line's opportunities.
Mini-Cons are a great counterpoint to these Micromasters because it feels like these new ones are a step backwards in evolution from the Armada/Cybertron era Mini-Cons.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075961)
Posted by aronjlove on August 13th, 2020 @ 10:36pm CDT
Did anybody else get an email from Pulse saying Arcee is delayed until 10/10? I wonder if any other figures will be delayed...
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075963)
Posted by Emerje on August 13th, 2020 @ 10:41pm CDT
aronjlove wrote:Image

Slitherfang makes a nice hat :lol:

Image

Emerje
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075966)
Posted by First-Aid on August 13th, 2020 @ 10:55pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
aronjlove wrote:Image

Slitherfang makes a nice hat :lol:

Image

Emerje


Thank you for this. My exact thoughts. COOOBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075972)
Posted by Deadput on August 14th, 2020 @ 12:06am CDT
Speaking of Zetar and interaction with Earthrise figures, my Ironworks figure came in today and I had a dissembled Zetar around and well...

Image

"Ironworks this is an intervention, stop torturing poor Zetar and put him back together"

"Heh heh, drill hand goes bzzzzzzzzz"

"Help...me"




Kinda scary how well it works, it's even convincing if you hide Zetar's face.

Image

Image
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075973)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 14th, 2020 @ 1:27am CDT
aronjlove wrote:Did anybody else get an email from Pulse saying Arcee is delayed until 10/10? I wonder if any other figures will be delayed...

I didn't get any personally, because the only figures I have preordered right now are SS Overload and Selects figures, but I saw someone post elsewhere they got the same email about Airwave, so I would guess all of the Wave 2 Deluxes at least are currently delayed from them.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075992)
Posted by Bsnyder33 on August 14th, 2020 @ 7:45am CDT
So I went to the Polaris Target to look for these and got distracted with the one and only Scorponok On the shelf... needless to say he came with me as an early birthday gift to myself. He’s joined some of my other titans in the office.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075994)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 14th, 2020 @ 7:58am CDT
Bsnyder33 wrote:So I went to the Polaris Target to look for these and got distracted with the one and only Scorponok On the shelf... needless to say he came with me as an early birthday gift to myself. He’s joined some of my other titans in the office.
Nice find, my Target doesn't even have a spot on the shelf for him. But you mistransformed his feet! :-D his toes need to be flipped out, he looks like someone who got frostbite. :lol:
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2075996)
Posted by aronjlove on August 14th, 2020 @ 8:46am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
aronjlove wrote:Did anybody else get an email from Pulse saying Arcee is delayed until 10/10? I wonder if any other figures will be delayed...

I didn't get any personally, because the only figures I have preordered right now are SS Overload and Selects figures, but I saw someone post elsewhere they got the same email about Airwave, so I would guess all of the Wave 2 Deluxes at least are currently delayed from them.

Interesting. I got Airwave on pre-order through Target and have not heard anything from them yet so hopefully it is just a Pulse thing. I can't wait for Snapdragon to ship from Target so I finally have the Decepticon Headmasters from The Rebirth. I wanna take a group photo lol.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2076001)
Posted by o.supreme on August 14th, 2020 @ 11:17am CDT
I have Airwave on pre-order at Target as well. But target really isn't great on communication either. I still find it strange there hasn't been a sighting of wave 2 deluxes anywhere that I am aware of. Interestingly...I was able to find out from a kind employee that another shipment of deluxes is due in my local Walmart store tomorrow, though I don't know if it will be more wave 1 (or if Netflix shares the same barcode??), but in any event, I find it highly doubtful since my geographic location would not be the first place to get anything usually....(Although PotP Voyager Hun-Grrr did get 1st sighting news reported at a store about an hour north of me, and we also had the infamous "All CW deluxe Groove" box show up here as well :lol: .
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2076002)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 14th, 2020 @ 11:35am CDT
I think we'll probably have our first deluxe wave 2 sighting in about a week. I have a couple Walmarts and Targets near me that tend to get things early (within a week or so of first sighting) and seem to move TF's pretty well. Those stores have stocked up with wave 1 about a week or so ago, and I'm guessing both chains have to be getting close to clearing out wave 1. Although for me, I have to wait out my Target pre-orders anyway since I got them on that BOBO deal back in Feb/March.

Trying to figure out Target's pre-orders is a guessing game.
For Doubledealer at least, my Target pre-order did ship the day he was first reported as sighted in store, and he arrived next day. I made all my pre-orders with Target as soon as they went live, so I have to be pretty early in the pecking order there. Snapdragon on the other hand has not shipped yet despite being found in stores, so who knows for the deluxes.
Re: Earthrise Seeker 2 Pack, Scorponok and Skylynx found at Toysrus Canada (2076003)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 14th, 2020 @ 11:39am CDT
Coneheads have shipped and arrive tomorrow!!!! :DANCE:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
Twincast / Podcast #260:
"Pulsecon 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron  Siege Decepticon Seeker Jetfire LAST SET" on EBAY
Buy "2016 McDONALD'S HAPPY MEAL TOY TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE GRIMLOCK MASK! " on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kre-O Robots in Disguise Decepticon Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STEELJAW ROBOTS IN DISGUISE NEW IN PACK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID: Landfill - Grimlock, Heavyload, Hightower, Wedge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 One Browning Fist  ( Super God Masterforce)" on EBAY
Buy "Shockwave vs Tankor Mini-Con Class 2005 NEW MOSC RID Cybertron Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Optimash Prime Optimus Transformers Hasbro Playskool -NEW SEALED" on EBAY