Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 10:52am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,851

Gamestop and EB Games (its Canadian Subsidiary) have been growing their amount of shelf space reserved for action figures and other collectables in the recent years. So much so that this year, they are one of the retailers partnering with Hasbro for their 10th Anniversary Marvel Legends figures. Plus, their exclusive for this line in Canada is the biggest set of all: the Hulkbuster vs Hulk set. In the US, Gamestop's Hasbro exclusive for this line is the Ronan the Accuser figure.

In Canada, EB Games will be getting all the Walgreens exclusives, including the Marvel Legends Thing that was just released today. This is the case for all hasbro exclusives, including Transformers like the Clone set of last year and Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar who came out monday. This will be the same for any Walgreens exclusive going forward. This was confirmed with an EB Games manager yesterday.

While there are no Transformers exclusives at Gamestop in the US so far (since the US has Walgreens for those), the fact that Toysrus is no longer a place for Hasbro to send their exclusives in the US means they will be looking for other retailers. And with Gamestop growing in prominence for Hasbro exclusives, they may be the host of Transformers exclusives in the near future, just as their Canadian counterpart currently it.

Transformers News: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America

This article was last modified on Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 2:05pm CDT

Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1975840)
Posted by bagofshhh on August 1st, 2018 @ 11:40am CDT
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1975854)
Posted by william-james88 on August 1st, 2018 @ 12:37pm CDT
bagofshhh wrote:FYI- I just saw that Hulkbuster/Hulk set at my local Target yesterday. (Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD)

Thanks, I will update the article accordingly later. Would you happen to know which marvel legends set is exclusive to GameStop in the US? Also how much did that set cost at target?
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1975855)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 1st, 2018 @ 12:53pm CDT
Got plenty of GameStops in my local area, I should drop by one. :-?
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1975856)
Posted by bagofshhh on August 1st, 2018 @ 12:54pm CDT
Sorry, I don't. I don't normally follow/collect the ML stuff. But Target had an endcap with the single Iron Man figures from the Studio series, the HB/Hulk set, and Venom two pack (Venom vs. Carnage, I think). If they are still there next time I go, I'll check it out.
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1975884)
Posted by YoungPrime on August 1st, 2018 @ 3:24pm CDT
Since God of War was the only game I've bought this year (And that was at Wal-mart), TF exclusives will be a reason to start going into Gamestop again.
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1975899)
Posted by o.supreme on August 1st, 2018 @ 4:57pm CDT
I cant remember the last time I purchased something at Gamestop, but I know its a constant source of frustration for my son. There are plenty of them around, but the closest one in a shopping center we go to, I constantly tell him how the games are way overpriced and to wait (which always pays off). But to see TF exclusives there would be nice for a change.
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1975946)
Posted by LordBludgeon on August 1st, 2018 @ 9:19pm CDT
Interesting... and here I thought Gamestop was going under due to poor sales last few years... I guess I have a reason to go into the one at my local mall again every once in a while.
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1976018)
Posted by triKlops on August 2nd, 2018 @ 10:16am CDT
The last time I took a look at Gamestop was when the exclusive TLS vinyls were there. Gonna have to pop in more often if they get in on some of the exclusives.
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1976544)
Posted by Rysquad on August 4th, 2018 @ 8:08pm CDT
I can't believe I go to Walgreen's for exclusives.
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1976547)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 4th, 2018 @ 8:23pm CDT
Rysquad wrote:I can't believe I go to Walgreen's for exclusives.

Stranger things have happened. Remember last holiday season's Aldi?
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1976551)
Posted by william-james88 on August 4th, 2018 @ 8:33pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rysquad wrote:I can't believe I go to Walgreen's for exclusives.

Stranger things have happened. Remember last holiday season's Aldi?

Wasnt first edition cliffjumper a 5 below exclusive in the US?

Plus there were these AOE microchangers that were only found at Dollar tree

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ree/33065/
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1976553)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 4th, 2018 @ 8:39pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rysquad wrote:I can't believe I go to Walgreen's for exclusives.

Stranger things have happened. Remember last holiday season's Aldi?

Wasnt first edition cliffjumper a 5 below exclusive in the US?

Plus there were these AOE microchangers that were only found at Dollar tree

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ree/33065/

True, but what made Aldi special was that they don't usually carry name-brand toys.
Re: EB Games / Gamestop Becoming a Prominant Retailer for Hasbro Exclusives in North America (1976554)
Posted by william-james88 on August 4th, 2018 @ 8:39pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rysquad wrote:I can't believe I go to Walgreen's for exclusives.

Stranger things have happened. Remember last holiday season's Aldi?

Wasnt first edition cliffjumper a 5 below exclusive in the US?

Plus there were these AOE microchangers that were only found at Dollar tree

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ree/33065/

Cool I didnt know that.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 64 Cliff jumper Bumblebee Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TR WEIRDWOLF & Monxo - Titans Return Deluxe New HM Wolfwire" on EBAY