E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus

Transformers News: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011 4:48AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 41,197

UK based toy retailer Kapow-Toys reveals on their Blog, that e-Hobby is going to carry a new exclusive this year. The exclusive is a Black repaint of Masterpiece Rodimus Prime, the product name will likely be MP-09 B. It is currently unknown how limited this will be or how much it will cost, the release is stated to be sometime near the end of this year.
Click here to see the original news on their blog!
And to get a taste of black Rodimus figures, visit our Black Friday galleries!
Credit(s): Kapow-Toys, Pottermus_Prime

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244709)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 22nd, 2011 @ 5:15am CDT
MINE.

There aren't even pics yet, but if I just imagine my MP-09 in black, there it is.

MINE.
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244723)
Posted by g60force on June 22nd, 2011 @ 5:51am CDT
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244739)
Posted by RhA on June 22nd, 2011 @ 7:00am CDT
g60force wrote:How am I getting this in The Netherlands without being ripped of every time!!! :BANG_HEAD:

You won't.
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244801)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on June 22nd, 2011 @ 8:38am CDT

With 2 more Masterpieces confirmed (Prime v2 and Rodimus reissue) I think anyone wanting Soundwave or Galvatron (like me) is in for a long wait.....
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244818)
Posted by alldarker on June 22nd, 2011 @ 9:05am CDT

No offence, but every time I read your posts (both on Seibertron and on TFW2005), you are complaining about how hard it is to get TF's in the Netherlands. I live in the Netherlands, and the answer to this question is always going to be the same: yes, most European countries (and not just the Netherlands) get shafted with Transformers. We suffer high prices and terrible distribution, everyone knows, but complaining about it all the time isn't going to get us any more sympathy.

Furthermore, and more importantly in this case, this topic actually concerns a TAKARA / E-HOBBY exclusive: it's not a product even intended for any other market than the Japanese market. Anyone and everyone who doesn't live in Japan will have an expensive time getting this (unless they have good Japanese connections). Instead, you should be thankful that there are plenty of channels (TFSource, BBTS, Robotkingdom, Kapow, etc.) through which this TF will be available at all, even if they do charge for that service.

And at the end of the day, why would you even let yourself get 'ripped off'? No one is forcing you to buy this. It's only ever a question of finding something worth it or not (and having the cash available). By the way, I never felt MP-09 Rodimus was ever worth it, let alone a MP-09b.

Jazz-1982 wrote:Nobody should be surprised or shocked about this one. A very predictable repaint. Pass.

So much this...
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244826)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 22nd, 2011 @ 9:20am CDT
yeah, they're killin' us on the wait. I'm still holding out for Masterpiece Soundwave myself. I think I have a better chance of seeing a 3rd party beat them to the punch than actually seeing it.
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244827)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 22nd, 2011 @ 9:22am CDT
I find no reason to buy this at all unless you are a Rodimus collector.
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244833)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 22nd, 2011 @ 9:29am CDT
A Rodimus collector.... or a collector of awesome black repaints. :-?
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244834)
Posted by REMINATOR on June 22nd, 2011 @ 9:30am CDT

Yes, right now you're not shock with the black MP9 repaint. You'll be shock soon after MP11, ehehhe. Just take it as a joke for now :twisted: :twisted:

Back on topic, indeed MP9 black will look beautiful. If my favorite character from the MP line was made into black, I would've purchased in a heart beat.
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244840)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 22nd, 2011 @ 9:40am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:A Rodimus collector.... or a collector of awesome black repaints. :-?

Fair enough.
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244844)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 22nd, 2011 @ 9:43am CDT
A black Rodimus o.O...I wonder if it's gonna come with a beard like the SG version...But I think I'm gonna stick on buying the original Rodimus.
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244856)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on June 22nd, 2011 @ 9:59am CDT
Interesting.

BTW. I do like the black repaints but just can't justify the cash unfortunately. If they had packaged it as Wildrider it would have been cool but wouldn't have sold as much. Shattered Glass....?
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1244908)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:28am CDT
Pass. I only collect original color Rodimi. Bring on the new molds, Takara!
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1245304)
Posted by Blurrz on June 22nd, 2011 @ 9:33pm CDT
Intriguing. But the price will be through the roof.
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1245425)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:33pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I find no reason to buy this at all unless you are a Rodimus collector.

Even then, I'm finding it hard to justify. Of course I still need to get hold of the normal deco first. Hopefully that second run with the rumored fixes pans out.
:BOT:
Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus (1245429)
Posted by Grahf on June 22nd, 2011 @ 11:39pm CDT
Easy pass for me. It is way cheaper for me to use one of the rts extras I own and just repaint my own. That or wait to see how much the KOs will be. Only time will tell. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime Rid Hasbro Rumble Figure Loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME - FIRST EDITION SERIES - STARSCREAM (A24)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME - ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - ULTRA MAGNUS VOYAGER CLASS (A8)" on EBAY
Buy "[ToysHero] In Hand Transformers Generations Siege Galactic Man Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "1995 Transformers Beast Wars: Optimus Primal Bat Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 40 Deluxe Bumblebee Shatter Movie Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Prime VEHICON Complete Warrior 2011" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SELECTS SIEGE LEADER GALACTIC MAN SHOCKWAVE SDCC 2019" on EBAY