eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released

eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released

Friday, March 28th, 2008 12:46am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 20,356

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The eHobby New Year Special, Ironhide (Protect Black version) has been released in Japan. This particular version features Ironhide in his Diaclone (Pre-Transformers) colors. eHobby Ironhide comes packaged in the Encore box and includes decals, accessories, and die-cast metal parts.

According to the story that is included, Ironhide’s special black coating is due to a super strong alloy called “Torisairium”, which is stronger than his previous titanium armor.


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666241)
Posted by Craven Knight on March 28th, 2008 @ 1:49am CDT
The bot mode is crummy as always but the van looks ace in black.
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666253)
Posted by Sylus on March 28th, 2008 @ 2:36am CDT
Sort of reminds me of The A Team van.
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666295)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on March 28th, 2008 @ 5:52am CDT
I'd like to see some more reverse homages like this one.
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666333)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 28th, 2008 @ 7:22am CDT
MOre to add to the Black toy variation army!!! :grin:
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666335)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 28th, 2008 @ 7:25am CDT
What the hell is up with the price on this figure?

Is it me, or is this unusually high for even an eHobby figure?
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666340)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 28th, 2008 @ 7:32am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:What the hell is up with the price on this figure?

Is it me, or is this unusually high for even an eHobby figure?


It seems a little high, but you know the cost of gas and oil these days, added on to the exclusive JP nature, and well...
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666343)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 28th, 2008 @ 7:35am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:What the hell is up with the price on this figure?

Is it me, or is this unusually high for even an eHobby figure?


It seems a little high, but you know the cost of gas and oil these days, added on to the exclusive JP nature, and well...


I suppose so...

This is one where I'm questioning the worth of the toy here, especially considering how crappy the mold is.
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666353)
Posted by olokin on March 28th, 2008 @ 7:50am CDT
It really looks cool in the packaging. The box is nice too.
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666404)
Posted by Stormrider on March 28th, 2008 @ 8:54am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:What the hell is up with the price on this figure?

Is it me, or is this unusually high for even an eHobby figure?


It seems a little high, but you know the cost of gas and oil these days, added on to the exclusive JP nature, and well...


I suppose so...

This is one where I'm questioning the worth of the toy here, especially considering how crappy the mold is.



eHobby was charging $47.50 from their online store for this figure. I was bit surprised with their price because the red version of Encore Ironhide was only $25-$30 in the stores.
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666405)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 28th, 2008 @ 8:56am CDT
Stormrider wrote:eHobby was charging $47.50 from their online store for this figure. I was bit surprised with their price because the red version of Encore Ironhide was only $25-$30 in the stores.


So I'm not just being crazy.

Good.
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666462)
Posted by soundwave13c on March 28th, 2008 @ 9:55am CDT
why do they keep making repaints of this figure (:|

its ridiculous
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666465)
Posted by Hard Hacker on March 28th, 2008 @ 9:56am CDT
Despite the reverse homage of this figure's colours scheme, I feel that it's very Trailbreaker, in particularly the yellow and red accenting.
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666477)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 28th, 2008 @ 10:08am CDT
soundwave13c wrote:why do they keep making repaints of this figure (:|

its ridiculous


http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vdiaclone.html

Read and in doing so mitigate your 2k7-ishness.
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666490)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 28th, 2008 @ 10:23am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
soundwave13c wrote:why do they keep making repaints of this figure (:|

its ridiculous


http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vdiaclone.html

Read and in doing so mitigate your 2k7-ishness.


Still waiting for a Trailbreaker Encore so we can get a red, yellow, and or blue eHobby versions of him!!!

And I also want an eHobby version made of the early Omega Supreme that was grey, red, white, and BLACK!!! :twisted:
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666493)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 28th, 2008 @ 10:25am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
soundwave13c wrote:why do they keep making repaints of this figure (:|

its ridiculous


http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vdiaclone.html

Read and in doing so mitigate your 2k7-ishness.


Still waiting for a Trailbreaker Encore so we can get a red, yellow, and or blue eHobby versions of him!!!

And I also want an eHobby version made of the early Omega Supreme that was grey, red, white, and BLACK!!! :twisted:


You and me both buddy.
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666545)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 28th, 2008 @ 11:19am CDT
I can't wait for BBTS to send me mine :D
Re: eHobby Ironhide (Protect Black ver) – Released (666998)
Posted by Stormrider on March 28th, 2008 @ 8:36pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
soundwave13c wrote:why do they keep making repaints of this figure (:|

its ridiculous


http://www.geocities.com/futuristgroup/vdiaclone.html

Read and in doing so mitigate your 2k7-ishness.


Still waiting for a Trailbreaker Encore so we can get a red, yellow, and or blue eHobby versions of him!!!

And I also want an eHobby version made of the early Omega Supreme that was grey, red, white, and BLACK!!! :twisted:



The yellow Trailbreaker seems to be one of the oddest colors among the Diaclone cars. I don't think I have ever seen a bright yellow 4x4 before. You can see him and others in this commercial:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Trilogy Bombshock And Growl New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok Triple Changer & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Trailcutter / Trailbreaker MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue bots Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot of 2 Flip Racers Bumblebee & Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Racing Trailer Optimus Prime missing trailer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Heroes Epic Rescue Bots Action Figure Large 2013 22"" on EBAY