e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art

e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art

Sunday, January 15th, 2017 5:49pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,562

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Emerje, we have the third page of the comic that currently accompanies the pre-order campaign for the e-Hobby shop exclusive Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Magna Convoy - the blue redeco of the Classics Optimus Prime mold. Check it out below in Japanese, along with a nice look at the packaging and its box art!

Transformers News: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online

Transformers News: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online

Credit(s): eHobby

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1852596)
Posted by Emerje on January 16th, 2017 @ 4:47am CST
So I decided to order Magna Convoy via proxy direct from e-Hobby. If everything goes smoothly I'll post a guide on how to do it. Right now I'm at 8,100JPY (US$71) after tax and shipping to the proxy service. Hardest part was trying to make sure I got the address right. Shipping and proxy fee is estimated at about $15 if the weight at BBTS is accurate so that's US$86 total if all goes well. Great price compared to US$95 plus shipping at HLJ or US$110 plus shipping at the usual importers.

We'll see what happens in May.

Maybe I should do a test run with Cloud Shockwave... :-?

(edit) There's a payment hold from e-Hobby for $70.93 on my bank account so that's one hurdle. :)

Emerje
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1852598)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 16th, 2017 @ 6:12am CST
IS THAT ASTROTRAIN BEING TEASED IN THIS COMIC/MANGA? :shock:
:lol: :CON:
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1852609)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 16th, 2017 @ 8:04am CST
Albatross250 wrote:IS THAT ASTROTRAIN BEING TEASED IN THIS COMIC/MANGA? :shock:
:lol: :CON:
It's Magna Convoy's ship. It doesn't have Astrotrain's (or Sentinel Prime's) color scheme.
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1852747)
Posted by Starsaber468 on January 16th, 2017 @ 7:39pm CST
Something tells me Magna Convoy's ship will become an new character, or an already existant character
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1852863)
Posted by megatronus on January 17th, 2017 @ 11:37am CST
I remain amazed at how well this mold has held up. And we get him in Blue!!!

Definitely one for the Diaclone shelf.
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1874606)
Posted by Va'al on April 15th, 2017 @ 6:09am CDT
The advertising for the upcoming e-Hobby Transformers exclusive figure Magna Convoy, a redeco of the Classics Voyager Optimus Prime toy, is back on track, as their official Twitter account has shared two new images of the blue-sworded blue robot. Check them out below!

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1874649)
Posted by megatronus on April 15th, 2017 @ 1:38pm CDT
He's beautiful... but I'll wait for a sale.
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1874653)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 15th, 2017 @ 2:06pm CDT
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1874655)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 15th, 2017 @ 2:44pm CDT
is this the retirement figure for this mold? It's had a long run. Still got my original. Also by looking at that comic I'm glad I got Straxus (or Darkmount, whatever) again. Despite some flaws with the figrue (and it's small size for a character often portrayed as being pretty chunky) I do like it and it was super cheap.
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1874689)
Posted by Quantum Surge on April 15th, 2017 @ 8:46pm CDT
I'd like to see this go with the Powered Convoy colored City Commander trailer.
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1875399)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 19th, 2017 @ 12:11am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:is this the retirement figure for this mold? It's had a long run. Still got my original.

I don't know what it is, but the 2006 Classics Voyager Optimus Prime mold is just timeless. It's been in use for almost 11 years now, and every time a new repaint comes out, I wanna snatch it up. It's a very satisfying figure, even though it's got some flaws, even though engineering has improved greatly since then, and even though Hasbro and Takara Tomy could probably do a much better definite "Classics/Neo-G1" Optimus Prime mold now, something about this 2006 mold will always hold a special charm for me.

Magna Convoy really rocks the mold with that beautiful blue deco too. Blue is my favorite color, so yeah, there's no way I can pass on this. You win again, e-Hobby!
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1875406)
Posted by Emerje on April 19th, 2017 @ 12:41am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I must be blind: I just now noticed the grille, bumper and even the gun are chromed! :shock:

Easy to miss, in the earliest images they appeared to be using silver paint, the chrome didn't come until later.

I really love how vibrant the colors look in the new photos. Can't wait for this to come out!

Emerje
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1875414)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 19th, 2017 @ 1:40am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Yeah it's still a fun mold if a bit clunky and the original has been my G1 Prime since I got it for christmas 2006 (the only time in my adult life I ever received a Transformer as a christmas present) and I pose it with the recent Titans Megatron. I don't need loads of redecoes of it myself. Did have the all white 'Ultra Magnus' and Skywarp double pack for a while but sold that within a few months. Anyways sounds like this figure is ideal for you so enjoy. :)
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1885158)
Posted by Va'al on May 30th, 2017 @ 12:09pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronian Emerje has contacted us with some news regarding the e-Hobby exclusive Transformers figure Magna Convoy - specifically, the slight delay in its release, initially planned for this month (May), and now moved to early June as the listing also shows. While this is indeed very little difference, we appreciate the confirmation!

Emerje wrote:e-Hobby announced in today's newsletter that Magna Convoy has been delayed for "various circumstances" from late May (believed to be today) to a more specific June 5. The product page has been updated with the new date.

Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1885220)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 30th, 2017 @ 1:27pm CDT
I want to "complete" my convobat, but I'm not sure to want to buy the complete figure only for the claw weapon.
I wonder if people who get him will accept to resell the weapon.
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1885307)
Posted by Desslok2201 on May 30th, 2017 @ 5:17pm CDT
Various circumstances= the mold just can't take any more
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1885311)
Posted by ExciKaiser on May 30th, 2017 @ 5:30pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:Various circumstances= the mold just can't take any more

I've read from people who got Botcon Ginrai that they probably should have stopped even before.
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1885312)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on May 30th, 2017 @ 5:34pm CDT
ExciKaiser wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:Various circumstances= the mold just can't take any more

Yeah, this mold has gotten more redecos than a CW toy. Still, it's a great mold! The Henkei version is on my wishlist, along with a matching Megs... :PRAY:
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1885313)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2017 @ 5:36pm CDT
Classics Seeker, Classics OP, MP-03/11. The unholy trinity of mold degradation.
Re: e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Comic Part 3 Now Online, plus Box Art (1885314)
Posted by Desslok2201 on May 30th, 2017 @ 5:38pm CDT
Can we tack Piranacon on there?

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide [Passport to Reading]" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Brushfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY