E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS

E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS

Tuesday, July 5th, 2011 11:57am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 38,171

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com has listed a pre-order for the highly anticipated e-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus. The figure is priced at $224.99 and scheduled to release sometime in the third quarter.

Credit(s): BBTS

Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1253108)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 5th, 2011 @ 12:42pm CDT
Too much blue IMHO. I'd much rather see a deco like the flames on Shattered or Breakdown versions.

BUT, I love that the visor down makes him look like a different character a bit. You can kinda give him a different head sculpt. Niiiiiiice. :grin:
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1253110)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 5th, 2011 @ 12:46pm CDT
Too much blue IMHO. I'd much rather see a deco like the flames on Shattered or Gentai Wildrider versions.

(Sorry for the double post. Where's that pesky "delete post" button....)
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1253115)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 5th, 2011 @ 12:59pm CDT
this is the first black rodimus/hot rod that i dont like, i think its the blue it just throws off the entire figure.
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1253126)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 5th, 2011 @ 1:19pm CDT
Maybe I'll pick up this instead of MP-9 and just grab the TRU MP Hot Rod.
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1253149)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 5th, 2011 @ 2:17pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:Maybe I'll pick up this instead of MP-9 and just grab the TRU MP Hot Rod.

That's what I'm thinking, too.
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1253158)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 5th, 2011 @ 2:31pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

That's what I'm thinking, too.

The only thing I don't care too much for is the turquoise on the chest but the toy itself may be another shade.

This would be my first black repaint so I'm a little intimidated to get this train going.
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1253164)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 5th, 2011 @ 2:52pm CDT
Meh, still not feeling it.
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1253181)
Posted by ZenPrime on July 5th, 2011 @ 3:31pm CDT
if not already mentioned the pre-order is up @ BBTS.

edit: nevermind....
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1253219)
Posted by NamelessOne on July 5th, 2011 @ 4:52pm CDT
Easiest pass evar.

Colors are horrible. End of. :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1253241)
Posted by Praxus Prime on July 5th, 2011 @ 5:46pm CDT
No 'stache? :-?
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1259803)
Posted by El Duque on July 15th, 2011 @ 3:03pm CDT
e-Hobby has updated their listing for MP-9B Black Rodimus Convoy to reveal the first shot of the upcoming figure's packaging. The listing also mentions an exclusive comic written by Hidetsugu Yoshioka. However, if past e-Hobby exclusives are any indication there is a good chance the comic will not be included with imported figures. The packaging image is mirrored below.

Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1259816)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 15th, 2011 @ 3:28pm CDT
Yeah, I'm getting this. I have nearly all of the MP figures and for some reason I'm just drawn to that over the top teal color. I just hope that he's the "fixed" version and not the original version of the mold.
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1259818)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 15th, 2011 @ 3:30pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Yeah, this. I can deal with the darker reds/greys for standard Rodimus if it means I can splurge on the black version.
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1259837)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 15th, 2011 @ 4:23pm CDT
he looks like a power ranger
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1260309)
Posted by barricade2218 on July 16th, 2011 @ 12:20pm CDT
I really like this figure, and since I originally passed the first time around not wanting the trailer with Rodimus, this is a definite YES.
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1267183)
Posted by El Duque on July 27th, 2011 @ 8:20am CDT
e-Hobby has updated their listing for MP-09B Black Rodimus with a sneak peek at the exclusive comic written by Hidetsugu Yoshioka packaged with the figure. If prior e-Hobby exclusives are any indications this comic may not be included with imported versions.

Image mirrored below.

Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1267420)
Posted by Stormrider on July 27th, 2011 @ 5:34pm CDT
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1267655)
Posted by Windsweeper on July 28th, 2011 @ 6:21am CDT
I think he should be called Menasor like the black repaint of Titanium Rodimus. Though be nice to see Nemesis Prime on a Rodimus repaint for once. Cooler name for the cooler Prime's mold.
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1267657)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 28th, 2011 @ 6:27am CDT
Stormrider wrote:The black Rodimus in that comic has a stache. Where's the mustache on the figure Takara?

Dramatically placed shadow, Diem. You of all people should know that.
Re: E-Hobby MP-09B Masterpiece Black Rodimus Pre-Order Listed on BBTS (1320192)
Posted by Anonymous on December 6th, 2011 @ 12:50pm CST
I got to see it in hand... didn't expect to be, but I was sold. Now just gotta save a little.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY