eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details!

eHobby Updates:  Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details!

Wednesday, April 18th, 2007 5:52am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 21,839

eHobby has posted pictures of the upcoming G1 Transformers Encore series. These are slated to be released in August. eHobby also has information about the upcoming MP-06 Skywarp figure.

Convoy (Optimus Prime)

Megatron

Soundwave

Starscream

Skywarp

(Japanese translated by Seibertron.com): Skywarp will contain all of the alt mode accessories and detail as MP Starscream. The plane will be all black. Skywarp will feature two new face molds: “High Pressure Face” and “Gnashing Teeth Face”. Skywarp will also feature some clear parts and include a pilot, sidewinder missiles, display base, and two sidearm cannons.

It is rumored that Skywarp will have more die-cast than Starscream. According to the translation “Fans will be proud of the heavy appearance and strength due to die-cast use.”

Credit(s): eHobby

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 18th, 2007 9:15am CDT

Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89346)
Posted by Yeti on April 18th, 2007 @ 5:56am CDT
MP-6 Skywarp is soooo mine:)
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89347)
Posted by Leonardo on April 18th, 2007 @ 5:57am CDT
Translated by Seibertron? As in Ryan himself? Does Ryan read Japanese?

That Skyloom link is a terrific read.

How will he have more die-cast than Starscream?
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89348)
Posted by hyperconvoy69 on April 18th, 2007 @ 5:58am CDT
can't wait to get my hands on skywarp. Thank goodness there's some retooling.
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89360)
Posted by Bonger on April 18th, 2007 @ 6:19am CDT
jprime69 wrote:can't wait to get my hands on skywarp. Thank goodness there's some retooling.

Sounds good. Hopefully quality control will be better and the pilot will be detailed.

The use of die cast sounds promising.
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89423)
Posted by tile_mcgillus on April 18th, 2007 @ 7:35am CDT
So Skywarp will have the same accessories...that kinda of stinks. I really wanted something to make him unique besides the face...I mean if they are going to be doing this 4 more times...lets make them feel different.
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89425)
Posted by Bonger on April 18th, 2007 @ 7:39am CDT
I actually can't think of any accessories that would be unqique to Skywarp or Thundercracker off the top of my head.

Maybe some MP Energon Cubes? ;-)
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89429)
Posted by Autobot Skids on April 18th, 2007 @ 7:46am CDT
There must be some footage of Skywarp holding something interesting in his hand...

Anyways; I'm going to pass on him and go for the Encore line. Love to get my hands on these 4 guys and already preordered the set at BBTS...

Been a LONG...LONG time since G1 Prime was mine...

Skids
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89436)
Posted by Stormrider on April 18th, 2007 @ 7:54am CDT
Leonardo wrote:Translated by Seibertron? As in Ryan himself? Does Ryan read Japanese?

That Skyloom link is a terrific read.

How will he have more die-cast than Starscream?

Sorry for the confusion. I translated this from the original page (I speak Japanese) - http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?port=33301&req=PRODUCT&code=mp6. In addition to the translation, I posted a Google translated page (above) as well so people could check it out in English. (The Google translated pages are not as reliable though).

I was trying to say translated by "Seibertron.com" so you know that this information was translated by us and not another source. Darn typos :P (corrected now)

I forgot to mention that there will be new stickers for Skywarp.
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89464)
Posted by Roboto750 on April 18th, 2007 @ 8:31am CDT
Still not overly impressed by those over done reissues.

The news on MP Skywarp is good. I'm glad that they are changing the mold for the face and adding more die cast! I like the black color they've mentioned, I just hope they highlight it with purple and white, to make it more like Skywarp.
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89467)
Posted by Leonardo on April 18th, 2007 @ 8:34am CDT
Stormrider wrote:

That Skyloom link is a terrific read.

How will he have more die-cast than Starscream?

I forgot to mention that there will be new stickers for Skywarp.

Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89468)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on April 18th, 2007 @ 8:35am CDT
Oh, I don't know, I think I prefer the translation I see on their site:

[sutasukurimu] in the head, to the aircraft it becomes deformed the important character of the jet remaining overnight unit which MP conversion!!
The sky loom of the jet remaining overnight unit appeared in the masterpiece series.
Modelling two types of sky loom peculiar high pressure face and face which gnashes teeth anew
It became the color ring which reproduced animation faithfully, centers sky loom peculiar black.
With jet mode gimmick of prejudice in full load, canopy opening and closing, reappearance and pilot of internal mechanic
Figure (Dr. [akabiru]) embarkation possibility and flap of main wing 4 place mobility, nose cone opening and closing,
The riding gear of 3 places to develop, as for the air brake reappearance of the expectation surface and left and right exhaust nozzle mobility possibility
The vectored nozzle it is the item of full load such as reappearance.
Furthermore you are proud of heavy appearance and the strength due to die-cast use, also new clear decare has belonged.
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89487)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on April 18th, 2007 @ 8:50am CDT

I could not agree more, a different pilot would be nice too, but I can't recall SkyWarp ever flying anybody? maybe I can find one of those mini mincroman pilots to place inside of him.

I hopeif they eventual release Dirge, he comes with a Sean Berger, that would be cool.

Sadly in all this however, I can't seem to bring up the pictures though. I's ok though I saw a thumb over at Tformers, it was tiny but got the job done. If these are clearer, well that'll just be a treat for later than!
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89493)
Posted by Leonardo on April 18th, 2007 @ 8:53am CDT
Did Skywarp ever fly anyone in the comics?
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89496)
Posted by Stormrider on April 18th, 2007 @ 8:55am CDT
Leonardo wrote:That's understandable. I had calculated that if not Ryan then you meant the site anyway. Those Google translations are never very good, in my opinion, but they are an interesting read!

The Google translations are an interesting read. It's like putting your head in a blender for a few seconds. :P
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89499)
Posted by Leonardo on April 18th, 2007 @ 8:56am CDT
Stormrider wrote:

Yes, or pretending that grammar doesn't exist!
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89513)
Posted by Swerve on April 18th, 2007 @ 9:08am CDT
Caelus wrote:Oh, I don't know, I think I prefer the translation I see on their site:

The vectored nozzle it is the item of full load such as reappearance.

I love Engrish!
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89519)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on April 18th, 2007 @ 9:13am CDT
im glad i didnt get starscream.
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89550)
Posted by Vile MK III on April 18th, 2007 @ 9:44am CDT
No energy axe for Convoy? ;-;
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89556)
Posted by Sunstar on April 18th, 2007 @ 9:54am CDT
diecast. I hope they do an MP-anime correct screamer
Re: eHobby Updates: Encore Pictures & MP Skywarp Details! (89607)
Posted by Kimmer on April 18th, 2007 @ 10:47am CDT
i'm curious about this encore line. are they exactly like the tfc line or different in any way?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY