English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy

English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy

Sunday, October 30th, 2016 2:23pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,291

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertronians tumacher and optibotimus have both joined in the gorilla train, by sharing with us on the Energon Pub boards video reviews (both in English, the first in three parts) for the recently released Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-32 Beast Convoy / Optimus Primal! You can find the first part of tumacher's review embedded below, with links to the second and third to follow, and also embedded is optibotimus' version. Take a look!


Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn-GXFfyiWI
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqw_v5lZp4I

Credit(s): tumacher, optibotimus


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837855)
Posted by Burn on October 30th, 2016 @ 4:17pm CDT
Wow, that transformation is truly magical!
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837856)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 30th, 2016 @ 4:18pm CDT
could that peg on his back be meant for a stand?
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837857)
Posted by Insurgent on October 30th, 2016 @ 4:32pm CDT
Mine from kapow arrives on tuesday. Well looking forward to it!
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837858)
Posted by dragons on October 30th, 2016 @ 4:50pm CDT
IF I remember correctly people will complaining about primal backside is same situation with generations ultra Magnus ,.

I skipped past articulation waste of my time I know movement of figure by looking it all I don't know is size of figure how does primal size compare to first master piece prime
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837861)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 30th, 2016 @ 5:50pm CDT
Burn wrote:Wow, that transformation is truly magical!

Well, my friend, does this mean you've changed your mind in regards to a purchase?
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837862)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 30th, 2016 @ 5:53pm CDT
A few things to add to Optibotimus' review:

- The back tab, regardless of a possible future feature, is meant to homage the original toy, which had a similar pull-out handle, which was then used to activate the gorrila "chest thumping" action on the arms.

- The wrist guns can be extended and thus are longer.

- The clear part on the back of the robot head is simply made from the same molding that allows the head to be lit up inside. TT just got lazy and didn't paint that part.

- Although the swords ARE meant to be stored as they are shown in the video, I have found that switching the sides, then inverting them, so that they tab-in handles DOWN, gives the figure more space to move the legs/waist.

- The swords don't tab in securely into the hands. You need to put them in the hands AND close the fingers around the swords to keep them secure.

- I belive that the TT "Masterpiece" version of film Starscream/Bumblebee were the first Masterpieces to have light-up eyes. However, these were released first in the USA as non-masterpiece figures.

- In order to change robot faceplates, simply move the antennas (antennai?) back and use your nail to pull the BLUE ridge part of the top of his face. You will see an obvious gap. Do the same for both sides and the face will come off. I am a bit puzzled why a veteran reviewer, in a 30 minute video, didn't manage/bother to actually show this feature.
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837878)
Posted by Burn on October 30th, 2016 @ 8:23pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
Burn wrote:Wow, that transformation is truly magical!

Well, my friend, does this mean you've changed your mind in regards to a purchase?

Not at all. I simply do not need this figure.
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837882)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 30th, 2016 @ 8:34pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
Burn wrote:Wow, that transformation is truly magical!

Well, my friend, does this mean you've changed your mind in regards to a purchase?

Not at all. I simply do not need this figure.

And what can I do to change your mind? [Wink wink nudge nudge ]

Seriously though, I can respect that. Thus guys imminent arrival actually has me wanting to track down a Takara Legends Beast Convoy, as I only have the Hasbro Universe version of this mold.
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837910)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 30th, 2016 @ 9:57pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:could that peg on his back be meant for a stand?
I once saw a pic in which somebody used that pegs to attach Generations Rattrap in beast mode to Convoy's robot mode back.

I wonder if maybe Takara planned ahead for a MP Rattle and made that peg now to use it for attaching a MP Rattle later one. :-?
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837931)
Posted by optibotimus on October 31st, 2016 @ 1:25am CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:A few things to add to Optibotimus' review:

- The back tab, regardless of a possible future feature, is meant to homage the original toy, which had a similar pull-out handle, which was then used to activate the gorrila "chest thumping" action on the arms.

- The wrist guns can be extended and thus are longer.

- The clear part on the back of the robot head is simply made from the same molding that allows the head to be lit up inside. TT just got lazy and didn't paint that part.

- Although the swords ARE meant to be stored as they are shown in the video, I have found that switching the sides, then inverting them, so that they tab-in handles DOWN, gives the figure more space to move the legs/waist.

- The swords don't tab in securely into the hands. You need to put them in the hands AND close the fingers around the swords to keep them secure.

- I belive that the TT "Masterpiece" version of film Starscream/Bumblebee were the first Masterpieces to have light-up eyes. However, these were released first in the USA as non-masterpiece figures.

- In order to change robot faceplates, simply move the antennas (antennai?) back and use your nail to pull the BLUE ridge part of the top of his face. You will see an obvious gap. Do the same for both sides and the face will come off. I am a bit puzzled why a veteran reviewer, in a 30 minute video, didn't manage/bother to actually show this feature.


#1 i don't necessarily agree that the back tab is meant to homage the original toy. They're completely different shapes and looks. The only thing i would say that they have in common, is i believe the tag on his back is functional for something like the original toy was. I'm not saying you're wrong, as it's entirely possible that is the intent Takara had. But to say it "is meant to homage the original toy" as if it's a certainty, is a bit of a stretch.

#2 You are correct about the guns extending. I did an update video in which i show that feature and also the tab section which makes pulling the guns out of his wrists much easier.

#3 Again, they might not have painted it because they were lazy. But to say they did that definitively, is a bit of a stretch. We don't know for certain.

#4 Swapping the blades around as you suggested does give a little bit more range of backward motion for the legs, but as you indicated, the proper arrangement is how i showed it per the instructions.

#5 My swords tabbed in fairly securely with just the slot and tabs. Putting the fingers around the handle helps the stability but they can hold in his hand fine without the fingers gripping it.

#6 I don't consider the Movie Starscream and Bumblebee to be Masterpiece figures. I suppose you could, but i don't.

#7 There is no puzzle to why i didn't show the face swapping. I struggled with it for a good minute and a half to two minutes. So while and during post production, decided it wasn't necessary as i verbally expressed what you needed to do and i cut the extra time out of the final video.

Either way, thank you for watching the whole video and your critiques. Hopefully you found my replies just as useful.
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837932)
Posted by optibotimus on October 31st, 2016 @ 1:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:could that peg on his back be meant for a stand?
I once saw a pic in which somebody used that pegs to attach Generations Rattrap in beast mode to Convoy's robot mode back.

I wonder if maybe Takara planned ahead for a MP Rattle and made that peg now to use it for attaching a MP Rattle later one. :-?


I don't think that has anything to do with it. You could have Bumblebee hold onto that peg if you wanted lol. It does work with Rattrap, but the pictures i saw, have you having to detach the side panels, rotate his arms around at the elbow then peg it into the back. You don't have to do all that if you still want to use the hands to hold the peg, but you have more surface area by rotating the hand around and it's more of a secure connection. Which is why i think the person did it for the pictures that i at least saw. You can however do all that without detaching the side panel or rotating the arms around. Remove his binoculars or bombs (i forgot what they are) and the round holes that were there, can tab into the back of Primal easily.

I show it here in my update video i made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxVeD5EInS0
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1837970)
Posted by william-james88 on October 31st, 2016 @ 8:53am CDT
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1838025)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 31st, 2016 @ 12:23pm CDT
Insurgent wrote:Mine from kapow arrives on tuesday. Well looking forward to it!


Got mine from sitting on my desk, from Kapow.

The fur effect looks great.
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1838071)
Posted by Bronzewolf on October 31st, 2016 @ 3:32pm CDT
Just a little while ago, we reported on some English-language video reviews for one of the most anticipated figures of the year, MP-32, Beast Convoy (also known as Optimus Primal), the first of the Masterpiece Beast Wars figured. Well today, Seibertron is pleased to bring you a pictoral review, courtesy of Chinese site Toy People.

The photos (some of which have been mirrored below for you) show not only some of the great functionality of the figure, such as the weapon storage and changable faces, but also how it scales with the other Maximals, including it's original toy, as well as poseability in robot and Ape mode.

Check out some of the photos below, and click on any of them to find the full gallery!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1838073)
Posted by Bronzewolf on October 31st, 2016 @ 3:42pm CDT
Also: Image
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1838085)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 31st, 2016 @ 4:19pm CDT
This is such a gorgeous looking Primal
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1838089)
Posted by Railbomb on October 31st, 2016 @ 4:26pm CDT
It's a shame that he cost so much for how big he is, though I'm still going to get him. Hopefully we'll get a BW Megs announcement soon!
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1838247)
Posted by Overcracker on November 1st, 2016 @ 3:27pm CDT
Mine has arrived in the country finally, and is going through customs.


As for price that's going to depend on where you buy it. I paid $86 bucks plus $23 shipping. All in all less than the $119.99 that BBTS and TFSource are asking for it before shipping.

$86 is not really bad for this type of figure.

119 on the other hand is a bit steep.

Not sure it will linger as Tracks has, and get knocked down to $40 bucks any time soon, but it may be put on sale if they don't sell all that well.
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1838249)
Posted by ReinaHW on November 1st, 2016 @ 3:34pm CDT
Mine arrived this afternoon, UK time, excellent figure.

http://reinahw.deviantart.com/art/Primal-Time-643393206
Re: English Video Reviews for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-32 Beast Convoy (1838252)
Posted by william-james88 on November 1st, 2016 @ 3:42pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Mine has arrived in the country finally, and is going through customs.


As for price that's going to depend on where you buy it. I paid $86 bucks plus $23 shipping. All in all less than the $119.99 that BBTS and TFSource are asking for it before shipping.

$86 is not really bad for this type of figure.

119 on the other hand is a bit steep.

Not sure it will linger as Tracks has, and get knocked down to $40 bucks any time soon, but it may be put on sale if they don't sell all that well.

Leaders sell very well. I dont foresee him going the way of Tracks, which only happened to Tracks (and roadrage).

I used Anime Export and my Primal was $81 + $13 shipping making it a total of $94. Keeping score, that is at least 20% less than US retailers, and thats before you include the extra shipping cost.

20-30$ here and there adds up over time and helps me buy more :)

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 DECEPTICON HEADMASTER SKULLCRUNCHER MISB! US SELLER RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager size Blaster (+Steeljaw) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Vorath & Mindwipe Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Head Robots Transformers Hot Head Duro-5 Military assault Driver parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers studio series Hot Rod, Jazz, Blurr #86" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS Fall of Cybertron DELUXE Autobot Air Raid Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE Lot of  Clear Blue Panels #K101531" on EBAY
Buy "KREO TRANSFORMERS Galvatron Battle Factory Lot of 4 YELLOW CAUTION BRICKS" on EBAY