Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin

Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin

Thursday, April 26th, 2007 8:42am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Interviews
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 12,237

Chris Ryall from Newsarama.com interviewed writer, Eric Holmes about Megatron: Orgin #1.

Eric Holmes is well known for his videogame designing at Radical for games like the Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, and The Simpsons: Hit and Run. Now he is cooking up great stuff at IDW to unleash a series that we have been dying to read- “The origin of Megatron.”

Eric goes into depth about Megatron mentioning that the series will answer many of the mysterious questions that we have had for a long time. Click here to read the interview.

Megatron: Orgin #1 (Precursor) will go on sale in May.

Credit(s): Newsarama.com

Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (99332)
Posted by Sunstar on April 26th, 2007 @ 9:03am CDT
I am looking forward to reading what they consider "cannon" for megatron. It also gives me something to pick and choose form when I write my own fics.

I'd use what I like the best and that which works well together.
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (99404)
Posted by JazZeke on April 26th, 2007 @ 10:10am CDT
This is gonna be so cool. I don't believe we've ever before been given an in-depth look at Cybertron before the War.
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (99501)
Posted by Talon523 on April 26th, 2007 @ 11:46am CDT
Can't wait. I want more con based books.
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (99565)
Posted by ralphatron on April 26th, 2007 @ 12:55pm CDT
I already love it.
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (99795)
Posted by Roboto750 on April 26th, 2007 @ 3:59pm CDT
Sounds like an awesome read! :grin: Just seems far away.... :sad:
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (99948)
Posted by Dragonslayer on April 26th, 2007 @ 5:53pm CDT
Roboto750 wrote:Sounds like an awesome read! :grin: Just seems far away.... :sad:

So true, so true...
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (100049)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 26th, 2007 @ 7:10pm CDT
It has potential to be huge, and I hope it lives up to that potential, Megatron deserves a huge backstory, and a four part series is the right way to do it.

He also mentions other characters he would like to delve more into, every single one of them is a good choice, they do need fleshing out, even in the IDW Furmanverse.
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (100051)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on April 26th, 2007 @ 7:11pm CDT
I don't realy follow the comics, but this I will most certainly get!
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (100502)
Posted by Leonardo on April 27th, 2007 @ 2:31am CDT
I like his responses.
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (101354)
Posted by Grimshock on April 27th, 2007 @ 5:07pm CDT
I have huge expectations for this series. Sounds like the only good thing we'll get this year in comics (unless he writes another series). Holmes has a lot of great ideas for TF's. Hope he gets to write some more. Only idea I don't like: Decepticon civil war. I don't want to see all of Furman's silly sub-factions find their way into these. It would kill the huge potential immediately.
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (101361)
Posted by Calvatron on April 27th, 2007 @ 5:14pm CDT
You know, i don't think i'll be having any problems waiting for devastation this summer. This sounds like it's going to be just as good as stormbringer was.
Re: Eric Holmes Interview - IDW Megatron: Origin (101939)
Posted by Zombie Starscream on April 28th, 2007 @ 10:48am CDT
I don't get to read many comics, but if its possible to order them online, I might definately get these as they sound really good. I would also like to get the Starscream ones, if he does those too.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy - Whirl The Flight-Bot! New!!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION GRIMLOCK VS BRUTICUS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Electronic Hero Mashers Light Up Weapons Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro Grimlock Vs. Bruticus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Figures - Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime - Used" on EBAY
Buy "2013 Transformers Construct Bots AOE DinoBot Optimus Prime & Gnaw Dino Brand NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties Heatwave The Fire-Bot Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Ratchet" on EBAY