Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie

Transformers News: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie

Thursday, December 21st, 2017 5:43AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,664

In another interview with actor interpreting the main character of the upcoming live-action Transformers spin-off Bumblebee: The Movie, Hailee Steinfeld talked to Collider about Charlie Watson, her relationship with Bumblebee and to other Transformers movies - in terms of relationships, production, and other aspects of the craft. Check out the relevant sections of the interview copied below, and the piece in its entirety right here!

What is that like going to this huge, big budget…

Steinfeld: It’s not even that. Going from a movie being one of ten females, one of a million cast members to like me and a tennis ball on a stick was quite a shock, but one of the challenges I was willing to accept. It was really incredible. I worked with Travis Knight, who directed [Bumblebee]. It was interesting – with his background in animation, he had a clear end result visually what this film could be. It was nice to have someone who had that because I could use my imagination until the end of the day but it could be something completely different than what they’re thinking. He created these pre-viz for every action sequence that involves the Transformers. I could see it out. He was amazing and the whole experience was really cool. I can’t wait to see it.

How does it compare to other Transformers movies?

Steinfeld: It takes place in the 80s, of course. And it’s very character and storyline driven, which is a bit different, but it still has the elements that Transformers fans love and will see in the movie.

Who do you play?

Steinfeld: I play a character named Charlie Watson, who is a mechanic. She’s in high school… [She’s] incredibly unique and strong and has – something I love about her is that a lot of people tend to underestimate her knowledge and she continuously proves herself and what she knows and creates this incredible relationship with this Transformer.

Is it similar to the relationship Shia LaBeouf had with Bumblebee in Transformers?

Steinfeld: It is in that Bumblebee is the same. He is who he is – that lovable, gentle giant who truly cares. I’m somebody who makes this discovery and is looking for someone to listen to me and to love me and to hear me and that happens to be where he fills the gap.

Credit(s): Collider
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1927559)
Posted by TulioDude on December 21st, 2017 @ 10:08am CST
She seems excited for the film.I have fatih in this team.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1927723)
Posted by Bronzewolf on December 22nd, 2017 @ 1:22pm CST
The upcoming Transformers Film Bumblebee:The Movie finished filming a little while ago, and we now see that the cast and crew are receiving their parting gifts as a thank you for their work. One such member of the team is Rory Markham, who posted on his instagram earlier this week about what he received for filming. In the photo below, he shows off a Bumblebee-branded thermos, shirt, a hat with Bumblebee's face on the front, and what looks like it might be a note from Hailee Steinfeld, the film's star. It's unknown at this time if any of these items will become mass-market items for public purchase, but it's unlikely. Check out the photo he posted below, with his caption.

Just recieved my wrap gift from the crew at #bumblebee thanks guys.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1927750)
Posted by Regimus Prime on December 22nd, 2017 @ 6:00pm CST
I'm going to need that hat and shirt to coordinate with my 2010 Transformers Edition Camaro. :BOT:
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1927755)
Posted by LevelRage on December 22nd, 2017 @ 6:59pm CST
Aw, that's cute.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1927937)
Posted by Bronzewolf on December 24th, 2017 @ 2:19am CST
As the minutes tick by getting us closer to the release of Bumblebee: The Movie early next year, we see more and more news regarding it break. Such is the case today, when ComicBookMovie.com published a brand new interview with the film's director Travis Knight, including a new official promotional image, to boot! You can find the interview below:
I wanted to approach this massive, expansive franchise and really focus in on a tiny corner of the canvas. Everything I've tried to do at Laika, searching for an artful blend of darkness and light, intensity and warmth, humour and heart, I wanted to bring to the Transformers franchise
...
At its core it's just a beautiful love story between two broken souls who find each other and heal each other," he adds. "I grew up loving those classic Spielbergian Amblin films. And we're trying to evoke that kind of emotion in this movie, fusing a rich coming-of-age story with some sci-fi insanity.

You can also find that new image below, featuring the film's lead actress Hailee Steinfeld and the film's lead and titular robot below! This is one of the first official images we've received showing off Bumblebee's new old alt mode, returning to the Volkswagen Beetle for the first time since the G1 cartoon. Check it out below!

Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1927942)
Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse on December 24th, 2017 @ 3:26am CST
I am cautiously excited for this movie.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1927945)
Posted by Agent 53 on December 24th, 2017 @ 3:51am CST
Hasbro, do not **** us over with the toyline. I am excited to see Bumblebee as a beetle and at a minimum I need it as a deluxe, seriously we need to go back to the heyday of ROTF/HFTD figures, none of the stupid simple junk that ignores the purpose of these toys, transforming them and looking good.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1927973)
Posted by YRQRM0 on December 24th, 2017 @ 10:57am CST
Man, I'm starting to have high hopes for this movie haha. Hope it doesn't disappoint.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928005)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on December 24th, 2017 @ 4:04pm CST
A "Love Story"? :-?
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928181)
Posted by Torneira on December 26th, 2017 @ 7:05am CST
Herbie's little brother :D

Bee even got that eyelooking windshield from Cars :-D

Well, there goes VW statement that they would not have their brand/cars to be associated with war machines. :-?
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928844)
Posted by Va'al on December 30th, 2017 @ 2:49am CST
Courtesy of Paramount pictures, we have a new press release covering next year's live-action movie release in the Transformers universe, the first spin-off and first one without Michael Bay at the helm - Bumblebee: The Movie!

We have full synopsis, a repeat of the image with the Volkswagen car mode that Bumblebee will take in the movie alongside Hailee Steinfeld, and a couple more credits about the production team. Take a look below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.

BUMBLEBEE is produced by “TRANSFORMERS” franchise veterans Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Michael Bay, along with executive producers Steven Spielberg, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian. Chris Brigham (“ARGO,” “INCEPTION”) will also executive produce. The screenplay is written by Christina Hodson (“UNFORGETTABLE”).

Directed by Travis Knight (“KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS,” “CORALINE”), the film stars Hailee Steinfeld (“EDGE OF SEVENTEEN”), Pamela Adlon (“BETTER THINGS,””LOUIE”), John Cena (“DADDY’S HOME 2,” “TRAINWRECK”), Stephen Schneider (Comedy Central’s “BROAD CITY”), Jorge Lendeborg Jr. (“SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING”), Jason Drucker (“DIARY OF A WIMPY KID: THE LONG HAUL”), Kenneth Choi (“AMERICAN CRIME STORY”), Ricardo Hoyos (“DEGRASSI: NEXT CLASS”), Abby Quinn (“LANDLINE,” “THE SISTERHOOD OF THE NIGHT”), Rachel Crow (“DEIDRA & LANEY ROB A TRAIN”), and Grace Dzienny (“ZOO”).

BUMBLEBEE WILL BE RELEASED IN THEATERS NATIONWIDE ON DECEMBER 21, 2018

#BumblebeeMovie

Hailee Steinfeld in BUMBLEBEE, from Paramount Pictures.
Photo Credit: Jaimie Trueblood
© 2018 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. HASBRO, TRANSFORMERS, and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2018 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928853)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 30th, 2017 @ 8:16am CST
So this is basically another Herbie movie plot.

Not that I object to that. Just sayin'.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928859)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 30th, 2017 @ 9:16am CST
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928860)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 30th, 2017 @ 9:17am CST
Sabrblade wrote:So this is basically another Herbie movie plot.

Not that I object to that. Just sayin'.

TF 2007 was pretty much "Herbie" itself.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928875)
Posted by hausjam on December 30th, 2017 @ 11:50am CST
Bee is jacked up for offroading.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928876)
Posted by zko on December 30th, 2017 @ 12:33pm CST
Im hoping the cast expands and we get the wreckers teaming up with bee, and Seaspray gets the treatment they wanted to give him in Transformers: Prime, where he is a "Batman like character that the decepticons really fear"/"the baddest of the wreckers", Navy SEAL style character, that they mentioned in the beast hunters commentary track.

Maybe we'll get a leader VW bug Bee.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928885)
Posted by Clockwork Animations on December 30th, 2017 @ 1:43pm CST
zko wrote:Maybe we'll get a leader VW bug Bee.

Oh my gosh! :lol:
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928954)
Posted by Qwan on December 30th, 2017 @ 6:19pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:What I'm really exited about is that we may FINALLY have a Movie Bumblebee toy as a VW Beetle! I do hope his head will have the little horns as well. :x

All the sudden, I'm really excited to have a Beetle-Bee to put next to Evasion Mode Optimus. I didn't realize I wanted that til now but boy do I want it.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928956)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 30th, 2017 @ 6:22pm CST
Qwan wrote:

Scout class to make it work perfectly.
Re: Even More Hailee Steinfeld on Bumblebee: The Movie (1928989)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 30th, 2017 @ 10:49pm CST
zko wrote:Im hoping the cast expands
Pretty sure Bee and maybe one Decepticon are gonna be the only Transformers in this movie.

zko wrote:and we get the wreckers
You do know that those guys didn't come to Earth until the late 2000s/early 2010s, right? This movie's set a few decades before that time in the 1980s.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Insecticons lot Generations Kickback, Bombshell, Skrapnel" on EBAY
Buy "transformers generations windshear runaway heavytread insctructions" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Deluxe Bruticus Combiner from SDCC 2012" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Runway And Windsheer Mini-Cons Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Black Friday Transformers Generations Combiner Wars G2 BRUTICUS Gift Set MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Black Friday Hasbro Transformers Generations GDO Asia Exclusive Voyager Megatron" on EBAY