Transformers News: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus

Wednesday, May 13th, 2015 11:45PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 17,092

We would like to direct your attention to Tfnd.net where Genetic has posted even more in-hand images of leader class Ultra Magnus because we know that you love as many in-hand images of Transformers Combiner Wars leader class Ultra Magnus as possible. There are lots of images to see so we selected a few to feature. Click here to see all of them.

Credit(s): Genetic@TFND.net
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685336)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 13th, 2015 @ 11:57pm CDT
Well, that comparison shot with 2006 Classics Optimus Prime makes it pretty definitive. Hasbro's SW Ultra Magnus has a much lighter blue, which matches the IDW comic coloring pretty well. I still like Takara's apparently darker, deeper blue much more. From the pics, it looks like disassembling the leg assemblies at the knees might be possible. Although the insides of the joints look like pegs, the outsides look like they're sporting screw holes. I'm thinking it's a long screw with a grove near the head and a smooth body below (or perhaps all the way down) holding the legs together at the knees. I think the shin pieces are held on with double friction joints right above the feet. That should be easy to swap. If the shoulder assemblies are screwed together, it should be a simple matter to swap the stacks. I'm planning a kitbash of the Takara version to give it the white thighs and shoulder stacks and knees without the yellow detailing of the Hasbro version to create a "nearly" perfect cartoon G1 colors Ultra Magnus (yet obviously with the IDW design for the mold). I could swap the corresponding parts from the Takara version back over to the Hasbro version for an IDW detailed Magnus that also has the right color of blue to match the comic prints.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685338)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 14th, 2015 @ 12:02am CDT
Compare to the Takara version, This Um look terribly underpainted. It's really not like Hasbro Megatron VS Takara Megatron! For some oddball reasons, Hasbro was the more colored version there.

Still, That mold look FANTASTIC, with a solid bot mode. The vehicle is not too shabby, but it's clear Magnus was designed as a robot first. Waiting until sepetember/october to get my Takara UM will be a long wait, but will totally be worth it.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685339)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on May 14th, 2015 @ 12:05am CDT
Important question answered. He can hold deluxe cars in his trailer. I'd imagine you could fit legends cars on there too but we'll find out.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685348)
Posted by Cobotron on May 14th, 2015 @ 12:33am CDT
That's some awfully nice metallic swirl in that blue.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685350)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 14th, 2015 @ 12:36am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Image

Hmmm, needs smaller cars. And larger doors.
(wow, the 2 reds on that Wildrider not match at all)
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685370)
Posted by DMSL on May 14th, 2015 @ 3:02am CDT
Meh the botmode is growing on me.

Yet when i saw that truckmode i have to /facepalm

I would like to know why that cab looks so odd.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685373)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 14th, 2015 @ 3:10am CDT
DMSL wrote:Meh the botmode is growing on me.

Yet when i saw that truckmode i have to /facepalm

I would like to know why that cab looks so odd.

Well first it's because that's how Magnus's alt mode looks in the comics, but also it's designed to be gigantic. The windshield slits are meant to be as big as normal windshields, if that puts the rest of the truck in perspective. Note the tiny doors.

Personally I am stoked for this guy. He looks fantastic, and I admire that they put all that detail inside the cab, based on the artwork. I bet it'll look better if someone paints it.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685378)
Posted by RhA on May 14th, 2015 @ 4:07am CDT
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685391)
Posted by carytheone on May 14th, 2015 @ 5:45am CDT
UM is looking awesome. Bot mode is scaled great. Alt mode does seem a little smaller than I expected. Super excited for this guy.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685406)
Posted by MarkNL on May 14th, 2015 @ 6:33am CDT
Amazing. Truly amazing.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685416)
Posted by Grendelspyce on May 14th, 2015 @ 7:26am CDT
That cab seems to be made up of two hinged panels. I hope some third party company makes new panels for a more traditional cab appearance. Then this Magnus will be perfect.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685421)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 14th, 2015 @ 7:53am CDT
RhA wrote:Wow. The hollowness is stunning. I was stoked, but that is instantly been reduced to: 'Hey, let's wait what Takara has to offer in future pics'. I like the hammer, though. Nice touch.

I'm still stoked, but I agree that he's super hollow. Then again, he has to be to hold cars in vehicle mode.

The biggest turn off for me is that the truck cab is smaller than Optimus from 2006. But that's a pretty minor gripe IMO. his back kibble could use a touch up as well.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685425)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 14th, 2015 @ 8:10am CDT
That Bot wrote:
DMSL wrote:Meh the botmode is growing on me.

Yet when i saw that truckmode i have to /facepalm

I would like to know why that cab looks so odd.

But doesn't that mean he's out of scale with the other toys? The cars he's carrying would have to be tiny in comparison.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685433)
Posted by rickdraco on May 14th, 2015 @ 8:32am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
That Bot wrote:
DMSL wrote:Meh the botmode is growing on me.

Yet when i saw that truckmode i have to /facepalm

I would like to know why that cab looks so odd.

Say for instance the cars being the scale of Minimus Ambus' alt mode?
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685434)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 14th, 2015 @ 8:36am CDT
Loving this guy even more. Every picture makes me more and more impatient for his release. Give me already!! :BOT:
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685438)
Posted by william-james88 on May 14th, 2015 @ 8:52am CDT

The big difference for me is that I know alpha trion more than minimus ambus. But alpha trion riding magnus isnt anywhere in the fiction, so I am having a hard time coming up with what I want out of this toy.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685446)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 14th, 2015 @ 9:13am CDT
This isn't the double you're looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685448)
Posted by RhA on May 14th, 2015 @ 9:15am CDT
william-james88 wrote:The colours make a big difference but there isnt that much new in terms of paint apps, just some yellow here and there.

More blue on the trailer works like a charm and the red looks verrrrrry nice. I'm holding off untill I see some in-hand pics of Takara Magnus. I want to know if he looks just as nice as the official pictures. And since I don't read the IDW comics, Minimus Ambus doesn't mean a single thing to me. There's at least a GEEWUN connection in Takara's version and that (drumroll) I can deal with.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685450)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 14th, 2015 @ 9:18am CDT
Vehicle mode on the Takara version looks better, but I've always preferred white thighs if you know what I mean. :lol: 8-} :P

RiddlerJ wrote:
That Bot wrote:
DMSL wrote:Meh the botmode is growing on me.

Yet when i saw that truckmode i have to /facepalm

I would like to know why that cab looks so odd.

Haha, he mentioned scale.
Re: Even More In-Hand Images of Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus (1685453)
Posted by Down_Shift on May 14th, 2015 @ 9:23am CDT
Alt mode looks small, but he's definitely growing on me. Still think I might go for the Takara flavor though.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Bumblebee First Edition 100% Complete Deluxe Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC Comicon 2019 Hasbro Transformers TCG Exclusive Foil Blaster v Soundwave New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Mighty Mugg from 2009 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "NO SWORD Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Dragon Assault Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "G.I.Joe Transformers  Comic Con Exclusive Crossover Set  Scarlet vs Zartan" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 HASBRO Transformers GhostBusters Ecto-35 Optimus Prime & Ectotron MisB" on EBAY
Buy "SCI-FI Revoltech SERIES No.030 Transformers Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Loose, Complete NYCC Exclusive Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on EBAY