"Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight

"Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight

Sunday, March 26th, 2017 11:56pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 38,218

Last week, Paramount gave us a very nice lithograph poster for the Transformers: The Last Knight. The lithograph features the text "Every Legend Hides A Secret", further alluding that there's more than meets the eye in the Last Knight. Due to the shiny material of the lithograph, it was a little difficult to scan in, but I think I was able to lighten it up enough for all of you to see.

Transformers News: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight

As you can see in the image above, the scene or engraving shown on a golden shield shows the "thing" surrounding the Earth, as well as the Earth alone above the 3 head dragon (Dragonstorm), which is above a Decepticon symbol flanked by Optimus Prime and presumably Megatron, though it is difficult to tell for sure, and some various Transformers of the same form.

What is this alluding to? What are your thoughts? Share your ideas on our forums here.

This article was last modified on Monday, March 27th, 2017 11:15am CDT

Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869631)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2017 @ 12:07am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:The King Arthur aspect, is that like a nod to the time travel episode in Season 2 cartoon?

I think it's more a coincidence than anything, though it'd be really interesting if that episode actually somehow inspired all of this. Trying to put my "I pretend to know about things other than Transformers" shoes on, I've been reading a novel from one of my favorite series, the "Orion" series by Ben Bova, his 6th book which came out before anything about the Last Knight came about, has to do with a time traveler of sorts, Merlin, and King Arthur as well, so ironically similar, but I think that's just the point of having those characters in any sort of story that impacts modern day. A handy coincidence I believe is all it is.

Considering that King Arthur and Merlin do not actually show up in the G1 episode "A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court", I think it's even more of a stretch to say that The Last Knight is in any way influenced by that not-so-great G1 episode.
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869634)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2017 @ 12:21am CDT
DocBot89 wrote:When you say that Canopy is a tertiary character does that mean that he is pretty much a throw-away and dies immediately?

:michaelbay:
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869636)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2017 @ 12:28am CDT
Nexus Knight wrote:Merlin? Merlin? MERLIN???? Ah, slaggin', crap. Please don't mix magic in. Please don't have magic mixed in my favorite sci-fi franchise...
There's been magic displayed in Transformers fiction before.

Alternately:

"The science of GoBotron would appear as magic to you humans." -- Cy-Kill. :P
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869639)
Posted by Burn on March 27th, 2017 @ 12:40am CDT
The closest I'll get to Imax is Vmax and after watching AOE at Vmax I'm reluctant to do it again.

BUT ... I am tempted to try it again, even going for the 3D experience which can get annoying with glasses.

Thanks for making it difficult to decide Ryan. :-P
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869641)
Posted by Nexus Knight on March 27th, 2017 @ 12:58am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
There's been magic displayed in Transformers fiction before.

Alternately:

"The science of GoBotron would appear as magic to you humans." -- Cy-Kill. :P

Really? I can't recall when there was. Though, I could have just not seen it, so if you can point it out, I'll change my statement.

Of course, I'll take Thor's (or Cy-kill's :-P ) brand that magic is science. Hell, the tablet I'm using would have had me put to the stake 1000 years ago. I have always had the idea that if magic can be explained away with logical explanations, it's not actually magic. I'm extremely against the concept of magic (for reasons that aren't appropriate for a TF forum), so I am a little worried about it being in a TF franchise.
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869656)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 27th, 2017 @ 5:29am CDT
Deep inside me, buried under the cynical, grumpy old man, is the remains of the little boy who loves Transformers and desperately wants to get excited for this movie, but I just can't. :( I've been hurt too many times.

Though, not seeing it may not be an option, as my oldest son has expressed an interest in seeing it, and it has been placed before him as a reward option.

Also, I found this on Facebook this morning:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4635291325

Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869662)
Posted by Burn on March 27th, 2017 @ 6:31am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:I haven't seen this on the site anywhere. First look at movie Hotrod? Granted, I've been avoiding movie talk like a plauge, so this could very well be old news.

Yep, old news.
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869663)
Posted by dragons on March 27th, 2017 @ 6:36am CDT
Poster is no poster it's giant floor mat
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869664)
Posted by RNSrobot on March 27th, 2017 @ 6:38am CDT
Mm mm mm, that bay sausage tastes good.

Y'all been played.
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869679)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on March 27th, 2017 @ 8:18am CDT
Nexus Knight wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
There's been magic displayed in Transformers fiction before.

Alternately:

"The science of GoBotron would appear as magic to you humans." -- Cy-Kill. :P

In the original cartoon, iirc:
- There's a Quintesson sorceror who uses magic straight up.
- An Atlantean princess transforms Seaspray into a flesh and blood person.
- Unicron repairs and completely physically alters the bodies of several Decepticons without touching them.
- The Matrix heavily alters Hot Rod into Rodimus with no apparent physical mechanism.
- The Matrix blows up Unicron through sheer force of goodness.
- The Matrix cures the galaxy spanning hate plague basically the same way.
- Starscream becomes a ghost.

Beast Era
- Starscream is still a ghost.
- The Vok are incorporeal floating skulls. At some point you just have to call it what it is.
- Megatron's master plan in Beast Machines was to devour enough souls to become a god.

Car Robots
- IIRC villain fed on energy of Earth's children through demonic ghost bats or something.
- Same villain was defeated by the collective love of Earth's children.

Unicron Trilogy
- IIRC Unicron is destroyed by Minicons using the Care Bear Stare.
- Starscream tries to become a god.

Transformers: Animated
- Prowl's entire character arc.

Dreamwave's Transformers
- Bludgeon and his cult perform a demonic ritual to summon The Fallen (and succeed).

Transformers: Aligned Continuity
- The Blood of Unicron (Dark Energob) makes Zombies.
- The Forge of Solus Prime makes/fixes things by beating on them. Smokescreen LITERALLY heals Optimus by smacking him with the hammer of a god.
- Unicron can make rock golems.
- Megatron is bound to Unicron's service after death, because of using Dark Energon.

IDW Comics
- D-Void, The Darkness, the Dead Universe, and almost everything associated with them
- Alternate Rewind isn't erased from the universe when they destroy the alternate Lost Light, which they explicitly state has no scientific explanation.
- The Enigma of Combination, whose source code (which presumably is the same as all of the other Primal relics) basically gives a person godlike power.
- Anything Perceptor says (according to Hot Rod).

I'm not 100% on all of those but that's what immediately popped into my head.
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869687)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2017 @ 8:40am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4635291325

Thanks for sending this in via e-mail just in case, but we posted it last week, there was a whole bunch of motion posters and hot rod was one of em

Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869689)
Posted by Nexus Knight on March 27th, 2017 @ 9:00am CDT
Caelus wrote:
Nexus Knight wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
There's been magic displayed in Transformers fiction before.

Alternately:

"The science of GoBotron would appear as magic to you humans." -- Cy-Kill. :P

In the original cartoon, iirc:
- There's a Quintesson sorceror who uses magic straight up.
- An Atlantean princess transforms Seaspray into a flesh and blood person.
- The Matrix blows up Unicron through sheer force of goodness.
- The Matrix cures the galaxy spanning hate plague basically the same way.
- Starscream becomes a ghost.

Beast Era
- Starscream is still a ghost.

Car Robots
- Same villain was defeated by the collective love of Earth's children.

Unicron Trilogy
- IIRC Unicron is destroyed by Minicons using the Care Bear Stare.
- Starscream tries to become a god.

Transformers: Animated
- Prowl's entire character arc.

Dreamwave's Transformers

Transformers: Aligned Continuity
- The Blood of Unicron (Dark Energob) makes Zombies.
- Unicron can make rock golems.

IDW Comics
- Anything Perceptor says (according to Hot Rod).

I'm not 100% on all of those but that's what immediately popped into my head.

Maybe I'm overworrying, but hopefully the movie won't be ruined by it (at least, personally).
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869693)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2017 @ 9:19am CDT
Nexus Knight wrote:Maybe it's how I view "magic" as being, but many of these I don't consider to be so. I'm like my family, they have to outright state it as so for us to consider it magical. But several of these (like the Quintossen sorcerer, which I'd forgotten about) are on that fence, so I take back what I said. Though, would point out, Starscream was told to have a spark defect, which is why it's indestructible.
Yeah, I wouldn't consider most of those examples in that list to be magic, but instead more of hard sci-fi or alien nature. The Quintesson sorcerer definitely counts, though, as does the Golden One outright using magic incantations to cast spell attacks against said sorcerer, all of which happened in the G1 cartoon episode "Madman's Paradise".

Heh, in fact, I just found out that the Wiki has a page for Magic.
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869699)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on March 27th, 2017 @ 9:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Another example of pure magic from the G1 cartoon would be from the episode "A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court", in which a wizard uses a magic spell to recharge the power-drained Autobots with lightning.

Even though his name is Beorht, that wizard is basically Merlin anyway.
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869702)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2017 @ 9:52am CDT
Giant Purple Griffin wrote:

Even though his name is Beorht, that wizard is basically Merlin anyway.
There are some who call him... Tim.

:P
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869704)
Posted by ScottyP on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:04am CDT
I know those are dragon heads on the poster, but all I can see is Kremzeek.
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869716)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:38am CDT
ScottyP wrote:I know those are dragon heads on the poster, but all I can see is Kremzeek.

I thought the same.
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869719)
Posted by NovaSentinel on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:45am CDT
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869720)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 27th, 2017 @ 10:45am CDT
NovaSentinel wrote:Looks alot like Megatron's Movie 1 body on that poster, maybe we'll see it again in a flashback sequence of the war on Cybertron?

I was thinking the same. that is totally a movie 1 Megs and a movie 4 Prime
Re: "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight (1869727)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2017 @ 11:01am CDT
The "Every Legend Hides a Secret" poster from Transformers: The Last Knight news article has the wrong news story on it.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Sky Blast Spy Changer set rare item action figure anime toy" on EBAY
Buy "GOBOTS 1980's Sky-Spy figure Robo Machine Bandai Tonka go-bots transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Commander Class Starscream Thunder Talon" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS BRAWL, DIRT BOSS, Acid storm & Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Studio Series 59 SHATTER Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Mp 11T Sunder Lacquer Finished Toy Takara Tomy Mall" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY