Saturday, December 10th, 2016 2:10pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 66,232

From the official Transformers Facebook page, we have another look at what is probably the final retail version of the previously seen The Last Knight Premier Edition Optimus Prime, as featured in an 'evolution' video of the character's toys through the Paramount live-action movies, from 2007 to now, via Age of Extinction, Dark of the Moon and Revenge of the Fallen. Check out the clip, and enjoy the screenshot provided!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook

Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846480)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 10th, 2016 @ 3:06pm CST
There's some classics in there. :)
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846485)
Posted by Emerje on December 10th, 2016 @ 3:47pm CST
Did they intentionally use the worst toys for each of those years? :roll:

Emerje
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846486)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 10th, 2016 @ 3:49pm CST
Emerje wrote:Did they intentionally use the worst toys for each of those years? :roll:

Emerje
Evasion Mode Optimus is the "worst" AOE Optimus to you? Image
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846487)
Posted by BeastProwl on December 10th, 2016 @ 3:57pm CST
Okay,so...no 2007 or 2009 leaders? How is that fair? Is it because it'd show how the lines have actually regressed?
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846492)
Posted by Emerje on December 10th, 2016 @ 4:12pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje
Evasion Mode Optimus is the "worst" AOE Optimus to you? Image

No, but it also isn't the best version of that mold from Hasbro either.

Emerje
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846506)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 10th, 2016 @ 5:19pm CST
I'm sorry, but that video is one big joke, especially the first half. It's like the one who made it just grabbed whatever toy he had and was done with it. I mean, really:

- 2007: Titanium 3"
- 2009: first Voyager (a redeco of the 2007 one!)
- 2011: Voyager (that I kind of agree with for lack of a real alternative)
- 2014: Evasion Mode (uhm...)
- 2017: Premier Edition

Were it up to me, I'd have picked:

- 2007: Voyager or Leader
- 2009: Leader or the HftD Voyager
- 2011: Voyager
- 2014: Leader
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846508)
Posted by Kurona on December 10th, 2016 @ 5:24pm CST
I mean, Evasion Mode was a good toy.
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846511)
Posted by Spider5800 on December 10th, 2016 @ 6:01pm CST
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846513)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 10th, 2016 @ 6:22pm CST
Spider5800 wrote:Yeah, weird that they put a recolor of the 2007 voyager as the RotF toy and didn't include the Battle Blade voyager from HftD as the RotF toy instead. If they did that I could understand doing nothing but Voyager toys. Especially since there hasn't been a Leader figure announced for the new film's toyline yet.

The Leader will be Bumblebee and you know it :lol:
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846548)
Posted by .... on December 10th, 2016 @ 11:26pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The Leader will be Bumblebee and you know it :lol:

Na, they're reserving the 50 different Bumblebee leader toys for the Bumblebee movie. :lol:
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846556)
Posted by Emerje on December 11th, 2016 @ 12:01am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:- 2011: Voyager (that I kind of agree with for lack of a real alternative)

I would say Ultimate Optimus Prime since that's the one they were pushing the hardest back then.

Emerje
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846574)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 11th, 2016 @ 6:01am CST
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846589)
Posted by Spider5800 on December 11th, 2016 @ 12:11pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Was Voyager Battle Blade Prime rare? I've never managed to find one at a decent price. One of those rare cases where Hasbro make a similar toy in different sizes which sure helps when trying to choose a scale in a toyline where it's so frickin' difficult to do so. I love my custom Evasion Prime but BB Prime seems the best choice for pre-Evasion (and therefore having his original movie truck mode)

I suspect it is. It came out on the tail end of the HftD line, and I've noticed lots of stores skip the end of a line if they already have too much stock, so it's probably not that common. I only saw one in stores here (Colorado). It's also easily the most screen accurate of the voyager Primes, so it's in high demand as well.

You could try searching for the Wal-Mart Comettor 2-pack that came out during DotM. It has the same Prime mold, but he has his hooks instead of swords, and he's decorated to look like stars and the moon are reflecting off of him. May be cheaper/easier to find.
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846594)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 11th, 2016 @ 12:47pm CST
Spider5800 wrote:

Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846624)
Posted by Spider5800 on December 11th, 2016 @ 6:00pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Thanks. Dunno if that Wal-Mart pack came out in the UK but I'd vastly prefer the original release for colour scheme, swords and battle mask. Maybe I'll get lucky when the car boot sales start up again next year. I had some amazing TF bargains this year. :D

Ah, didn't know you were in the UK. No idea if they had another version there or not. You could try looking for the Takara versions, AA-01 or AD12, though I doubt those are any cheaper.
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846654)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 11th, 2016 @ 10:42pm CST
Spider5800 wrote:

I suspect it is. It came out on the tail end of the HftD line,
No it didn't. It was in the second wave of Voyagers for that line out of five waves total. If anything, it was the fourth and fifth Voyager waves that were hard to find.
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1846801)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 12th, 2016 @ 2:36pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Spider5800 wrote:

I suspect it is. It came out on the tail end of the HftD line,

You may know the 4th and 5th wave as the "Reveal the Shield" subline imprint. For the record, "2010 line" is a more accurate description for the whole, as "Hunt for the Decepticons" was a promotional campaign, not a name used for the line.
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1847339)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 15th, 2016 @ 3:25pm CST
The Transformers Facebook Page has released a new picture for us to check out, this time in the form of the toy packaging for the upcoming voyager class Premier Edition Optimus Prime! The new packaging features a new image of Prime charging out out of the lower left corner, with the toy itself visible through the window, much like the regular voyager releases of late. It also has The Last Knight logo on the bottom below the name, along with Transformers printed vertically along the right side. Check out the image below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1847343)
Posted by Insurgent on December 15th, 2016 @ 3:44pm CST
I think I'll pick this up when it's gone on sale.

The box design looks the same as aoe, so at least it's consistent.
Re: Evolution of Optimus Prime Toys clip, Featuring Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition (1847350)
Posted by Railbomb on December 15th, 2016 @ 4:19pm CST
I kind of wonder how this is going to be released. Is it just going to be an early release available at general retail or is it going to be exclusive to somewhere? I can't imagine it being that much different from the real voyager like First Edition AoE Prime was (or leader class, you know what I mean).

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Armada set DUNE RUNNER / ICEBERG / RANSACK Adventure Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class Optimus Prime New" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Battle Call Officer Class FIGUR" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Adventure TAV56 Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY