Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images

Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images

Friday, September 25th, 2009 11:57pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Site Articles, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 126,363

Seibertron.com has received official images of the creation of the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, also known as Sideswipe, from Transformer Revenge of the Fallen. The GM Design Team was kind enough to share these amazing photos and concept art of the newest member of the Chevy family for your viewing pleasure.

First we get a look at what the designers were planning for the interior of the Stingray revamp.

Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray " ROTF Sideswipe"Concept Images

The Designers were looking to channel the original Stingray in a futuristic design. Here we get a concept image of the two seating vehicle from an aerial perspective.

Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray " ROTF Sideswipe"Concept Images

Sleek new "racing" seats were considered to give the driver full driving comfort with ideal support for handling the sports car.

Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray " ROTF Sideswipe"Concept Images

Here are what the actual seats with dashboard look like in all black.

Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray " ROTF Sideswipe"Concept Images

Workers craft the prototype mold of the Corvette.

Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray " ROTF Sideswipe"Concept Images

Designers stand next to a prototype hood for the Corvette along with a look at the rear of the vehicle, or Sideswipes chest.

Sideswipes "Wings".

Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray " ROTF Sideswipe"Concept Images

And we get a look at promo images for the Stingray.

Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray " ROTF Sideswipe"Concept Images

For those of you that just can't get enough of this amazing car, check out these videos giving details on the cars interior and "transforming" capabilities:

A very special thanks to General Motors and the GM Team, Stephen Gray and Robin Henderson for making this possible. Learn more about the Corvette Stingray Concept by visiting Cheverolet.com

Credit(s): GM Design Team

This article was last modified on Saturday, September 26th, 2009 6:36pm CDT

Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003570)
Posted by Blurrz on September 26th, 2009 @ 1:04am CDT
And, that just sold me on Human Alliance Sideswipe. Beau-ti-ful car.
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003587)
Posted by DMSL on September 26th, 2009 @ 2:53am CDT
That's no regular car, it's the Batmobile.

Sweet jesus what an awesome ride.
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003589)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 26th, 2009 @ 3:33am CDT
At first i thought the car was awesome but after seeing this its not just awesome its frakin epic.
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003614)
Posted by vaporretarder on September 26th, 2009 @ 6:52am CDT
no, it's not the batmobile at all,...it's secretly a silver repaint of the Mach 5....speed racer is in hiding from racer X.
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003628)
Posted by Samsonator on September 26th, 2009 @ 7:49am CDT
That is a pretty awesome car. I'll never own one, but it's still pretty damn cool
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003632)
Posted by Solrac333 on September 26th, 2009 @ 8:03am CDT
Damn that's good!
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003645)
Posted by LittleDickens5 on September 26th, 2009 @ 8:57am CDT
This would've been perfect for Blur :grin:
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003666)
Posted by Convotron on September 26th, 2009 @ 9:44am CDT
Very cool! I love looking at the concept and development stages of such designs.

But Blurr? Paint it blue and call it Tracks. Firebird is optional.
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003702)
Posted by Starscream6 on September 26th, 2009 @ 1:11pm CDT
:APPLAUSE: sick :APPLAUSE:
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003712)
Posted by Omega Charge on September 26th, 2009 @ 1:49pm CDT
Damn... nice.

Those promo pics are epic.
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003735)
Posted by Zeds on September 26th, 2009 @ 4:03pm CDT
LittleDickens5 wrote:This would've been perfect for Blur :grin:

You mean Tracks.
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1003868)
Posted by Tyrannotaur on September 26th, 2009 @ 10:29pm CDT
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1004142)
Posted by Millennium Movies on September 27th, 2009 @ 7:31pm CDT
Those are awesome pictures! Would you guys be kind enough to post the ones with the blue hue in wallpaper sizes and preferably some less visible/smaller watermark that doesn't distract from the image? :D

EDIT: Wow, i can't believe i never posted here since i made this account... :oops:
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1004226)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on September 28th, 2009 @ 3:29am CDT
Tyrannotaur wrote:Beautiful Car. Shame it never got put into production. I'd love to see it in other colors too.

My thoughts exactly, I was able to see the Stingray in person....it's just soooooo captivating to just look at. I mean, I must have stood out there for a good 15-20 min just looking and taking pictures of the beautiful car. The hood pic featured here seems a tad huge though. I don't remember the Stingray being that large, and I was pretty much standing next to it. That or that guy is very tiny.

But so what if the car is tiny....still just as appealing, even if I can't fit into it ha ha ha....
Laters,
Josh
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1004323)
Posted by ClassyNX01 on September 28th, 2009 @ 11:43am CDT
I can best describe my thoughts like this...

Yeap that about covers it.

Classy
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1004618)
Posted by Carriemus Prime on September 29th, 2009 @ 4:00am CDT
Wow!! I thought the new Corvette that pulled alongside me last night was beautiful but this just blows it all out of the water!

Epic car real shame it was never put into production would have been fantabulous to see how the Stig drove it round the top gear track (for all us Brits anyway) :SMUG:

*returns to drooling over pictures* =P~
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1004813)
Posted by Agent 007 on September 29th, 2009 @ 4:41pm CDT
One word: Sexy =P~
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1006406)
Posted by Lastjustice on October 4th, 2009 @ 1:40am CDT
Joshua Vallse wrote:

Laters,
Josh

Yeah they need make a production line of it stat! It totally looks like the Mach 5 from speed racer, if you put the right colors on it you'd totally see it with right paint job. (though Id prefer silver anyways.)

I've never had that probelm Josh, I'll gladly take it off your hands hehe. As a wolverine sized guy(5'4"), it's perfect. I might need a shorter girlfriend though, since she complains same thing cars being too small/or low to ground at 6'4". Sorry baby, I going out with Sideswipe to score some honeys and damn are we good. (I kid I kid, please don't slag me.)

It's a sweet ride, I'd like see more of it and Sideswipe in the next movie for sure.
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1006439)
Posted by Joshua Vallse on October 4th, 2009 @ 8:34am CDT
Lastjustice wrote:

Oh no you don't! I might not fit into it but I'll still find a way to drive it by God! :P Ha ha ha
I'm also a lone wolf, so Ive never had an issue with what the miss thinks. I'd say this car looks to be the size of a honda Civic Hatchback....and I have a friend who drove one of those and while I was straddling the car door prepping to do camera moves for the car chase for my short film, my feet could still touch the ground, in fact all I had to do to get out of the car through her window was stand up......funny stuff.
So I'd probably drive this car in the same fashion.

The only dilemma here is the same I had with the Camaro, I don't trust myself with it. But then again, the blasted thing isn't even in production so....all we have are dreams.
*Sigh*
Re: Exclusive- Chevy Corvette Stingray "ROTF Sideswipe" Concept Images (1013271)
Posted by Metal Monkey on October 25th, 2009 @ 3:39pm CDT
Since Chevy will never make the Stingray concept unlike the Camaro I doubt they would use it in the next movie. They only made the car for the ROTF.Don't get why they paid so much money to make a car for a movie when they will not make it..waste of money and advertisement. Then again it is Chevy..they obviously like wasting money. Anyways, question is this..think he will become a real Corvette? Or what Chevy do you think he will be? Possible he may stay the same, but who knows. They obviously won't make him what he is suppose to be.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #291 - Til All Are 2021
"Til All Are 2021"
Posted: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

Buy "Transformers G1 Ultra Magnus Cab, Painted Face/Rubber Wheels for Parts, 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime Trailer Panel Part, Original 1988" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2020 WFC Trilogy: Earthrise - Quintesson Judge" on EBAY
Buy "SWERVE Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS Universe Series Action Figure 2004 COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse SKY BYTE, Tiny Turbo Changers 2020" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS BOMBSHELL Action Figure TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "1986 Runamuck G1 Transformers still in original box, ONLY ONE OUT THERE!see pics" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TG-25 ORION PAX VS MEGATRONUS Figure TGHB" on EBAY