Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons

Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons

Friday, May 8th, 2009 9:23am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 31,655

Diem has let us know that Takara is offering three exclusive Minicons to celebrate the launch of ROTF; repaints of Six Speed, Jolt and Reverb. Customers who spend 2000 yen or more at Toys R Us will receive a blue and yellow helicopter called Guardian Sky. Customers who spend 2000 yen or more at Yodobashi Camera or Big Camera will receive a black and yellow LeMans racer named Guardian Speed or a red truck named Guardian Powered. All of these figures will be available from the 30th May onwards. As per usual, apologies for the crappy picture quality:
Exclusive ROTF Minicons: UPDATEDGuardian Sky

Exclusive ROTF Minicons: UPDATEDGuardian Powered

Exclusive ROTF Minicons: UPDATEDGuardian Speed

As well as Guardian Sky, it appears that lucky Toys R Us shoppers will also have a chance to get an exclusive miniature Convoy figure.

Additionally, a collection of Henkei comics is coming out on the 15th, a number of ROTF scouts and deluxes have been confirmed for May and the Black version of Alternity Convoy and the blue and silver Megatrons will be released in June.

Credit(s): Diem

This article was last modified on Friday, May 8th, 2009 9:36am CDT

Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (918995)
Posted by Diem on May 8th, 2009 @ 9:33am CDT
Mkall wrote:FP&C's Diem. Thanks!

Well now I feel worse about my crappy photos :D
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919015)
Posted by First-Aid on May 8th, 2009 @ 10:49am CDT
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919023)
Posted by First Gen on May 8th, 2009 @ 11:17am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I will find a way to get these...

This must be Punch talking cause I distinctly remember Counterpunch stating that he's not buying ANY movie figs. :P
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919024)
Posted by Mkall on May 8th, 2009 @ 11:18am CDT
First-Aid wrote:If there is anything that is less exciting to me than repaints, it's repaints of minicons. What a waste of plastic and paint...I'll bet they'd be fun to attach to a bottlerocket though..LOL

And with that, Counterpunch has found his next victim...
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919032)
Posted by First Gen on May 8th, 2009 @ 11:36am CDT
Mkall wrote:

And with that, Counterpunch has found his next victim...

Everytime. #-o
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919041)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 8th, 2009 @ 12:12pm CDT

First off, I apologize for the picture (we were in the process of moving out of a very shitty apartment). This captures less than 3/4 of my current Mini-con collection and it doesn't show off many of the more rare lil guys.

Now, what kind of collector or Transformers fan are you if you can't find some combination of figure/color out of a cast like this?

A statement like this:

Could pretty much be placed with any caption stated by the goatee guy in the black shirt who is the foil in all Shortpacked! comics.

Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919047)
Posted by OmegaConvoy117 on May 8th, 2009 @ 12:33pm CDT
ill eventually get these like the first movie promotion figure Swerve....looks like ill have to go ebay hunting
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919050)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 8th, 2009 @ 12:36pm CDT
First Gen wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:I will find a way to get these...

They aren't really movie figures...

and technically they won't be bought...

:grin:
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919127)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 8th, 2009 @ 3:02pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

A statement like this:

Holy Crap CP!. I'd say you have my collection beat even with me throwing some Micro-Masters into the mix (seeing as how that is only 3/4 of your total collection of 'em in that pic.) I'm impressed and I'm sure my youngest son would freak if I show him that pic.

And First Aid...I like how you think but for something truly inspired, I'm thinking that removing Jolts blades and landing gear would possibly enable him to fit the barrell of a Paint Ball gun. Just a thought... :P
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919146)
Posted by Blurrz on May 8th, 2009 @ 3:54pm CDT
Damn.. there's goes my quest of a complete Mini-con collection ;)

Ah, come on you don't need to flash that photo all the time CP. We get it, we're all inferior to your Armada/Micron Legend collection. :P
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919168)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 8th, 2009 @ 4:53pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Damn.. there's goes my quest of a complete Mini-con collection ;)

That dream died for everyone when they made a one of a kind Mini-Con as a cake topper for Arron Archer's wedding. :D
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919173)
Posted by bvzxa on May 8th, 2009 @ 5:03pm CDT
Actually, I wouldn't mind having those mini-cons either. I had the original and the crystal repaint that came out near the end of the line.
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919181)
Posted by Blurrz on May 8th, 2009 @ 5:26pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Damn.. there's goes my quest of a complete Mini-con collection ;)

Oh god.. You have to be joking..
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919218)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 8th, 2009 @ 10:23pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Damn.. there's goes my quest of a complete Mini-con collection ;)

Oh god.. You have to be joking..

One look at that massive mini-con collection should be proof enough. There isn't a min-con out there that CP doesn't know about, already have or has in some way made an attempt at getting.
It drives me nuts that I could have upped my own count by 12 less than 2 hours ago but didn't have the cash. K-Mart close to home still had 3 of their exclusive 12 packs left. Still wouldn't get me close to Counterpunchs' collection but it would have made me feel a little better. Wish my buddy still made jaunts to Japan. I might stand a chance of getting these three.
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919266)
Posted by Diem on May 9th, 2009 @ 6:04am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Damn.. there's goes my quest of a complete Mini-con collection ;)

A repaint, or a whole new mold?

When we get the news report that Archer has suffered a traumatic but highly specific burglary, we'll know what happened.
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919334)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 9th, 2009 @ 10:29am CDT
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919422)
Posted by Blurrz on May 9th, 2009 @ 3:53pm CDT
.... I want that so bad!
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919433)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 9th, 2009 @ 4:43pm CDT
Hey CP, isn't that a repaint of Sparkplug, Leader Class Armada Primes Mini-con?
Just curious 'cause I was really hoping that they only did a repaint and not a whole new,
only-used-one-time mold for a cake topper. I'm also going to take a shot in the dark and say that there is more meaning to that mini-con than just a simple decoration. If it is what I think it is, I think I would have to be one of the first volunteers to hunt down and dispense...justice...to whoever would be foolish enough to try to appropriate that mini-con.

This could have an effect on their e-bay price further down the road (raising hope for some of us) and maybe give hope to the possibility that leftovers could show up at BBTS or some other such online store somewhere down the road.
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919553)
Posted by Diem on May 9th, 2009 @ 11:12pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:Also, has anyone heard if their is any kind of limit to how many of the 3 special purchase mini-cons were made?
Guardian Sky may possibly, possibly be limited to 4000 units, but I'm not 100% sure.
Re: Exclusive Japanese ROTF Minicons (919654)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 10th, 2009 @ 11:01am CDT
Blurrz wrote:.... I want that so bad!

That's an easily enough solved problem: marry Mr. Archer. :grin:

T-Macksimus wrote:Hey CP, isn't that a repaint of Sparkplug, Leader Class Armada Primes Mini-con?

Yes...(maybe). It's not a new mold, but it's hard to tell if that's Sparkplug or Corona Sparkplug.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Triggerhappy, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars IRONHIDE Deluxe Class Figure MOC NEW Optimus Maximus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Generations Universe MOC Wheelie Legends Class Mint New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class Caliburst & Slugslinger NEW" on EBAY
Buy "LG 14 Ultra Magnus TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS TAKARA Mint Figure, No Manual, Ok Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen ROTF Legends Wheelie (No Arms)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Class ~ Decepticon TRIGGERHAPPY w/BLOWPIPE ~ Titans Return" on EBAY