Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed

Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed

Tuesday, May 10th, 2022 12:33pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 34,341

Who's up for more exclusive Wreckers two packs? Hasbro will be revealing one per day with links to the only places online they can be purchased (for Americans). Today we have G2 Leadfoot, which is a slight retool of Kingdom Mirage, and Masterdominus, which is a retool of Kingdom Ractonite. While the initial leaks mentioned a Mammoth fosiliser, Hasbro's chosen name for the character makes the alt mode a Mastodon, which is key company brand synergy when you see what its colours are homaging.

Here are the links to order it:

Pulse: https://hasbropulse.com/products/transf ... terdominus

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QBKHNJ2?fb ... IX2t5oABJU

Transformers News: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed

Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133119)
Posted by Rtron on May 10th, 2022 @ 12:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Masterdominus is colored like the Mastodon Zord from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Damn you, now I want a Power Rangers crossover themed repaint to make a Megazord.

We have a T-Rex, a Mammoth, a Pteranodon, and a Triceratops already. There were plans to have a Smilodon fossilizer, but it was cancelled. So the whole set is sort of there already!
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133121)
Posted by SpaceEagle on May 10th, 2022 @ 12:41pm CDT
Didn't want to use Amazon but those Pulse orders sold out fast. I definitely don't wanna scavenge eBay for any scalped orders too.
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133122)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2022 @ 12:42pm CDT
Rtron wrote:

SpaceEagle wrote:I was contemplating getting the regular Mirage version...but this one looks soooooooo much nicer. Plus, finally a modern figure of Leadfoot! And the fossilizer extra looks pretty cool as a mammoth retool.

Better yet, it's a .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTjZPgz ... rsOfficial
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133125)
Posted by Grahf_ on May 10th, 2022 @ 12:48pm CDT
Seeing Masterdominus now pushes me more to not liking Spindle's colors from being in the middle. Why is Spindle purple and yellow to match Impactor if Masterdominus isn't blue and yellow to match Leadfoot?

Masterdominus though, that is quite the name. It even has front leg extenders that can be used as...things for robot mode. At least it's better than just the single tail sword from Ractonite and Tricranius. Shame there isn't a tail tip of some sort to tie the new leg extenders together into an actual weapon tough. It's nice that the tusks can be used as a weapon as well unlike Ractonite's and Tricranius' head crests. It would've been so nice if they had 5mm ports on them so that the hand pegs could plug into them and use them as shields or something.
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133127)
Posted by SpaceEagle on May 10th, 2022 @ 12:53pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Rtron wrote:

Better yet, it's a .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTjZPgz ... rsOfficial

Thanks for helping me notice my typo, I dunno how I managed that. :-P
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133129)
Posted by SpaceEagle on May 10th, 2022 @ 12:59pm CDT
Grahf_ wrote:I also would rather they have used Siege Mirage instead of Kingdom Mirage regardless of accuracy or anything else. It's just that it's the more fun of the two versions. It has clavicle ports for weapons as well as the ports on the spoiler that go on the sides of the shoulders. They're better for upgrades as well as for arming up with Masterdominus. Sure Kingdom Mirage has the central back port but it's larger than 5mm on my copy making it unusable. I would imagine it's going to be the same on Leadfoot. It's the same on the back of the arm ports for mine as well. It could just be my Kingdom Mirage just isn't toleranced well but it makes me not want any more uses of that mold when the superior Siege mold exists.

You have a good point in terms of playability involving Masterdominus, but I do personally prefer the look of Kingdom Mirage, especially in vehicle mode. HasTak probably didn't wanna give Leadfoot a sci-fi alien race car mode. (I don't think Siege Mirage's vehicle mode looked really outlandish or fantastical, but that's just my guess as to why HasTak used the Kingdom one.)
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133130)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 10th, 2022 @ 1:08pm CDT
I'm happy the leakers were wrong, now I get to enjoy the mammoth man (I know it says mastodon) without having to get a Springer I don't want, and I don't have to worry about Leadfoot (who I already knew I wanted based off the comics showing the design) getting packed with a Jumpstarter or something, it's a win-win! I snuck a Pulse preorder in since I seem to have misplaced the Amazon password, and it appears I did so just in time.

Kinda curious if this means that some of the characters that were rumored/leaked were cancelled and/or shuffled elsewhere though, looking at the boxes, as we have to fit 2 Voyagers and 3 Deluxes into 3 boxes, all of said boxes being smaller than the boxes used containing 2 Deluxes and one of the mystery boxes even being smaller than the other 2....unless the graphic is just inaccurate, but I believe the graphic for Golden Disk was accurate the whole time, right?

Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133131)
Posted by o.supreme on May 10th, 2022 @ 1:25pm CDT
Well it certainly does raise hope that the jumpstarters will be packed together (potentially the most popular set of the 5) leaving the last 2 to be voyagers.
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133132)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2022 @ 1:45pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:Also someone is having way too much fun writing up Masterdominus's TFWiki page, look at that
That'd be Walky. ;)
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133133)
Posted by Munkky on May 10th, 2022 @ 1:48pm CDT
I don't usually like it when Fossilizers aren't a realistic bone colour, but Masterdominus's colour scheme being based on Power Rangers is a cute homage. Also,

MASTERDOMINUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leadfoot also looks nice, but like Impactor, it's not something I really need. This is another set I'll skip, I suspect that the next three sets will be single figures because of how small the teaser squares are compared to the first two. Or maybe the Jumpstarters can squeeze into one small box together.
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133135)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 10th, 2022 @ 2:00pm CDT
I'm liking the second set a LOT more than the first. I had to have my hand held to be shown the differences between the previous Impactors.
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133138)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on May 10th, 2022 @ 2:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Wow talk about gaudy looking, glad I have no interest as it's Money well saved.

The only thing I'd seriously buy for a redo would be Goldbug but with metallic paint (vac-metal). lol
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133139)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2022 @ 2:17pm CDT
Till-all-R1 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Wow talk about gaudy looking,
Just like the original:

Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133142)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on May 10th, 2022 @ 2:31pm CDT
Instant preorder. Love both.
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133145)
Posted by Grahf_ on May 10th, 2022 @ 2:41pm CDT
I was thinking about what the next Amazon line could be after this Wreck N Rule one. This one unlike the last two is Autobot/Maximal only. Having just organized my figures from Siege onward, the Decepticons/Predacons are outnumbered, especially if you're not troopbuilding. It's worse if you take out the Quintesson or Unicron aligned Decepticons/Predacons too.

So what if the next line was all Decepticons for once. I don't know how that would sell as supposedly villains don't sell well or something. But what would it be though? DJD? Scavengers? Another group entirely? It's just I have more fun with the Decepticons than the Autobots as toys since they're more varied in alt modes and even color schemes. It's also annoying that they're outnumbered all the time too. It doesn't even have to be straight Decepticons either. Just not more/all Autobots. So maybe go neither faction and do the Star Seekers?

Cannonball from Siege Ratchet
Ferak from Cyclonus.
Chairman from Perceptor.
Navigator from Iguanus.
One version of that Flamewar we all wanted a while back from Legacy Arcee.
Axor from Wheeljack.
Sandstorm from Spinister or Springer.
Star Dasher from Astrotrain.
Brimstone from Shockwave.
The Dread Pirate crew from TR Pounce and Wingspan as a two pack to easily troopbuild.
Thundertron from Thundertron as a reissue? TR Alpha Trion? a retool of Tigatron?

New Fossilizers could be worked in for other members as well. Maybe the as of yet unseen Energon Monsters can be used for a few like Thunderlane. Not ever member of the Star Seekers had vehicle based alt modes and some weren't even Cybertronian. So it would be fitting to have a few of these in the line as well.

Unlike trying to come up with reuses that won't easily fit like what would end up happening trying to make the DJD out of current molds or making another line of mostly reissues and redos as with the Scavengers, the Star Seekers can be made easily using these same current molds. There's even a decent range of mold sizes too from core to leader. It's also a nice variety of characters from different eras too. Cannonball and Brimstone from Cybertron, Axor from G1, Sandstorm from Machine Wars, Thundertron from Aligned, Flamewar from Botcon and so on.

I just wanted to think of something different so it's not redecos and retools of characters we already have as those same characters again like we do with about half of this Wreck N Rule line. It would also get some reuses from some of those molds as different characters in some cases as well.

But who knows as Legacy is supposedly a one and done line and there's no hints as to what's coming up next. So speculating about a retail exclusive that may or may not happen next year while not knowing what the concept for the main line would be might be pointless.
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133146)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 10th, 2022 @ 2:46pm CDT
Leadfoot is an instant add for my Neo-Wreckers crew...just need some patients for some kind seller to split the set so I can buy Leadfoot alone...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133147)
Posted by blackeyedprime on May 10th, 2022 @ 2:49pm CDT
Liking leadfoot though it seems hasbro pulse changed their £50 price to £57 :(
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133148)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on May 10th, 2022 @ 2:56pm CDT

Id prefer magnificus over chairman. Fractyl or Lazorbeak from terrorsaur would be easy. Toxitron from legacy prime. Antagony from the upcoming inferno, anddddd just like that im out of ideas. G2 legacy prime into a generations style dotm Megatron idk
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133149)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2022 @ 3:00pm CDT
I much preffer this two pack since I do not own that earthrise mirage mold, and I don't own a leadfoot yet which can always enrich my Wrecker troop.
Re: Exclusive Legacy 2 Pack of G2 Leadfoot and Mastodon Fossiliser Revealed (2133151)
Posted by Grahf_ on May 10th, 2022 @ 3:24pm CDT
Razorbeast88 wrote:If there was to be a decepticon/predacon based subline, flamewar and slipstream would be great. Possibly Strika from legacy bulkhead?

I'd like those better as well but I was trying to go with a single team like theme like the Wreckers. Also, most of those will probably be made in Generations Selects. It would be crazy if they don't finally make a retail Toxitron from Legacy Prime. It wouldn't be cost effective to make a new Perceptor or BW Inferno without doing Magnificus and Antagony from them. Not that there aren't other molds that haven't been reused yet though.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #300 - Last Pod Standing
"Last Pod Standing"
Posted: Sunday, May 15th, 2022

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Autobot Sqweeks Voice Changer Mask 2016-Works" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Helmet Hasbro talking Voice Changer Mask Costume TESTED" on EBAY
Buy "2008 Transformers Bumble Bee talking helmet & arm blaster cannon Wsounds & light" on EBAY
Buy "Instrument Transformer 468-480 Voltage Potential Transformers 480V Prim No Box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON NITRO BUMBLEBEE, MechTech Deluxe 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Torch Ratchet Fast Action Battler 2008 INCOMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Paradron Medics Ratchet & Lifeline" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Blue Rescue Rig Figure RARE" on EBAY