Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released

Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released

Monday, March 31st, 2008 4:52pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Company News, Collectables
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 32,507

Seibertron's own Den-O is has found some information regarding a new Henkei varient figure to be released in Japan.

According to a member of the Singapore based SGCollect boards, TakaraTomy will soon be releasing a variant of Henkei C-0X Bumblebee, in a paint scheme homage to 2008 Transformers Movie Bumblebee.

This piece will apparently be limited to only 500 pieces, and only to be released in Japan.

You can check out an image of the figure below, or in the original SGCollect forums, by clicking here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more news on this figure as it comes to hand.

UPDATE: As it turns out, this was indeed an April Fools joke played a little early. This figure will not be released.

Credit(s): Den-O, SGCollect.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 10:38am CDT

Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669108)
Posted by i_amtrunks on March 31st, 2008 @ 4:54pm CDT
Front Paged and Credited, but I've added it to the "rumour" section until we have confirmation from Takara-Tomy or the retailer who'll be flogging these off.

Kinda reminds me more of Animated Bumblebee than the movie version.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669112)
Posted by First Gen on March 31st, 2008 @ 4:59pm CDT
I can see this going on ebay for ridiculous prices.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669113)
Posted by Decatron on March 31st, 2008 @ 5:00pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:I can make that with a Sharpie.

My thoughts exactly :grin:
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669115)
Posted by Sherade on March 31st, 2008 @ 5:01pm CDT
Paint isn't great looking, and the toy pics aren't very legit looking.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669128)
Posted by Tekka on March 31st, 2008 @ 5:11pm CDT
Lol. Good call on the red headlights. I do <3 the black jetski trailer though, it looks very nice.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669173)
Posted by 8 bit on March 31st, 2008 @ 5:52pm CDT
I honestly didn't see this coming.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669207)
Posted by dragons on March 31st, 2008 @ 6:16pm CDT
dont like it looks like crap like the original more repaints dont get to me unless if i like it good thing movie didnt turn out like this
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669213)
Posted by InvaderJes on March 31st, 2008 @ 6:24pm CDT
Wholly underwhelming. (:|
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669215)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 31st, 2008 @ 6:26pm CDT
Meh.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669230)
Posted by saberconvoy on March 31st, 2008 @ 6:39pm CDT
Uhh what a great repaint i want it so bad... (sarcasm)

I would really like the other one better, also i bet some one would want it because it was in japan.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669240)
Posted by Tekka on March 31st, 2008 @ 6:50pm CDT
I was expecting a few more people to like this, it doesn't look that bad. I prefer it to the previous two Bumblebee colour schemes. The black really goes superbly well with the yellow.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669257)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on March 31st, 2008 @ 7:27pm CDT
Looks okay, but totally unnecessary (for me anyway).
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669265)
Posted by Stormrider on March 31st, 2008 @ 7:36pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:They should have partially melted his face for that genuine movie 'feel'.

hehehe... The blowtorch is and fee.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669276)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 31st, 2008 @ 7:44pm CDT
Looks exactly like the Classics version, they just swapped white with black. I'll pass. If they do a Prime with flames or grey/"realistic" painted Starscream, I'd buy them.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669288)
Posted by mechajol on March 31st, 2008 @ 7:49pm CDT

wait until you see Henkei Megatron Movie Version! :grin:
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669513)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on March 31st, 2008 @ 10:22pm CDT
Underwhelming to say the least.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669537)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on March 31st, 2008 @ 10:45pm CDT
I'd pass too: just for the same reason I'm passing on most Henkei figures that aren't the G1-deco Megatron I already have. I prefer the G1-deco on Henkei Megatron over the Nerf-style deco of the American version, but the others don't do enough for me to be bothered with. This is what it is for C-0X Bumblebee for me. Besides: I already have both deluxe Movie Bumblebee molds; don't need a Classics Bumblebee repainted into Movie Bumblebee.
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669627)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on April 1st, 2008 @ 1:03am CDT
OH MY GOD!! IT LOOKS... exactly the same. I can kinda see where the micromaster drove over him and left tire tracks, but I wouldn't shell out however much it is for two black lines :\
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (669668)
Posted by Stormrider on April 1st, 2008 @ 3:18am CDT
Re: Exclusive Movie Deco Henkei Bumblebee to be released (670171)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on April 1st, 2008 @ 4:37pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:The movie is done. Let's move on and stop repainting figures into characters that I would like to forget.

I liked movie Bumblebee. I agree that this is getting redundant though. I may pick up a couple more movie figures maybe (possibly a couple more of the Target exclusive basics, now that I know there's a Target reasonably close to where I live), but the line is for the most part dead otherwise.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - TRU Exclusive Masterpiece - MP-01 Acid Storm (MISB)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan - Bumblebee (Rescue Jet) - Hasbro" on EBAY