Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy

Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy

Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 5:28pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 58,317

Ever since the release of Takara's MP-01 Convoy (Optimus Prime) figure, Transformers fans have hoped and speculated that there would someday be a MP release of his successor to the Matrix of Leadership, Rodimus Convoy aka Rodimus Prime. Last year brought us the news that fans would finally get their wish and in honor of the 2010 Transformers celebration, Takara Tomy would release MP-09 Rodimus Convoy.

In January, Rodimus Convoy was officially released and now we are proud to bring you the incredible gallery of this much anticipated yet somewhat controversial figure. This massive collection of over 500 photos (our biggest gallery to date) features views of all four modes, both vehicles and both Hot Rodimus (Hot Rod) and Rodimus Convoy robot modes, along with the packaging, all of his special features and gimmicks, and even a MP recreation of the death of Optimus Prime. Additionally, we are introducing new gallery file sizes, increasing our large format images from 800 pixels to 1200 and our medium-sized, default 500 pixel images up to 600.

And now, without further delay, we bring you MP-09 Rodimus Convoy!

Click HERE or any of the images below to begin.

This article was last modified on Monday, February 21st, 2011 4:49am CST

Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183068)
Posted by First-Aid on February 16th, 2011 @ 5:36pm CST
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183073)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 16th, 2011 @ 5:52pm CST
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183075)
Posted by Mykltron on February 16th, 2011 @ 5:56pm CST
First-Aid wrote:I got mine last week and love it. Very accurate and cool. Anyone else having issues getting his legs to stay in place in Hot Rod vehicle mode? I thought it was pretty damned hard to get them into place and positioned properly, then to get them to stay was a little annoying...I have to admit though, he was a lot bigger than I expected.

Everyone has trouble with everything! You have to rotate the thighs slightly to get the flaps under the car to stay tabbed in.

If anyone wants to know how to fix his backpack click here.
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183081)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 16th, 2011 @ 6:12pm CST
I got mine TODAY! It is a wonderful figure, tons of nods and features to the G1 movie. But he feels more fragile than any other Masterpiece. He feels delicate, especially with the shin panels. These pictures don't lie, this is the ULTIMATE RODIMUS! :x
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183085)
Posted by Seibertron on February 16th, 2011 @ 6:23pm CST
I really like this figure. I have a ton of thoughts to say about it which I'll post later. Going on date night with my wife for Valentine's Day tonight since we weren't able to go out for Valentine's Day since I was at Toy Fair.
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183093)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 16th, 2011 @ 6:35pm CST
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183098)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 16th, 2011 @ 6:59pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Phenomenal! Hasbro must make their own! And just don't make it an exclusive; make it available at all retailers! Next stop: MP Galvatron! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I wouldn't hold yer breath.... :-?
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183102)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 16th, 2011 @ 7:05pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:

I wouldn't hold yer breath.... :-?
If you're referring to Hasbro making their own MP Rodimus, there is a chance for that to happen. Hasbro did say that if they do, it'll come much later and most likely will not include the trailer.

If you're referring to MP Galvatron, then... only time (and TakaraTomy) will tell.
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183111)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 16th, 2011 @ 7:29pm CST
Excellent gallery, I'm in awe! Can't wait to see them in full size and save few for my archive.

I do wonder, what was the purpose of dismantling his head? I suppose we'll find out when Seibs gives his impressions.
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183120)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 16th, 2011 @ 7:52pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:

I wouldn't hold yer breath.... :-?

Well, I mean as far as a mass-release, it was reported from Toy Fair that Hasbro would need someone to pick it up AS an exclusive. As a Hasbro version, less accessories, no trailer, no free goodies or supercool black box (that matches my other MP's). The plus side is that it will go to TRU, which rocks here in Myrtle Beach because (apparently) I'm the ONLY collector, and it will be less than HALF the price after shipping. In regards to Galvatron, I believe it is the next logical choice.
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183122)
Posted by SumoXL on February 16th, 2011 @ 7:59pm CST
Is anyone trying for the Display Stand for Hot Rod? you need 10 points from the toys in 2010 (unicron, Primus, hotrod, sleep prime, etc....)
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183129)
Posted by DISCHARGE on February 16th, 2011 @ 8:20pm CST
Great gallery(especially for a toy I don't really want).
Really like the use of perspective here:
I can almost see Starscream laying down the fire.
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183131)
Posted by BluavalancheZ71 on February 16th, 2011 @ 8:30pm CST
I received my Rodimus last week, overall decent figure. I do have one complaint that I would like to know if anyone else has this issue as well, the side posts on both guns are too loose. So, it is not capable of holding either gun in his hands, he does hold onto the battle station handles just fine tho. Any suggestions on how I can correct this? I am thinking of adding clear nail polish to the pegs on the guns and see if that help. Or plan B would take apart the hands and fill posts with epoxy resin and very gently open them back up with a dremel. Any other thoughts?!
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183133)
Posted by Ungie on February 16th, 2011 @ 8:33pm CST
Wow, I passed on him due to not having enough and waiting for a better quality re-issue, but now Im afraid the re-release in the future for TAKTOM won't have his trailer! I WANNIT!
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183139)
Posted by Bouncy X on February 16th, 2011 @ 8:47pm CST
i love the whole re-enactment of the movie scenes with Prime. lol

but damn i didnt realize even Grimlock was so small. its like after Prime they decided to make everyone a midget. lol
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183142)
Posted by The Potentate on February 16th, 2011 @ 8:54pm CST
Well, this gallery convinced me. Just bought it! :CON:
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183159)
Posted by Naked Magnus on February 16th, 2011 @ 9:59pm CST

This might sound weird, but after 25 plus years I am now actually ready to accept Rodimus Prime as leader of the autobots. When Optimus was brought back to life in season 3, he should not have assumed leadership. Rodimus was already established as the chosen one. Instead, Optimus prime should have served alongside Rodimus and acted as his wise council, much like Ultra Magnus had done. Optimus would yeild to Rodimus' decisions even when they were not in agreement. Despite Rodimus' superior strength (due to the Matrix) Optimus' experience would still allow him to whoop Roddy every now and then when they would spar. Over time, Optimus would follow in Alpha Trion's footsteps.
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183170)
Posted by MGrotusque on February 16th, 2011 @ 10:28pm CST
I passed on this one but i saw him at the comic shop in my hood the other day and i must say he is quite the sight to behold.

THat trailer when splayed out is F@$&#N MASSIVE i must say. I'm actually glad i passed on this release and am waiting for the N.American release.

I don't really have the room for such a massive accessory. it would just get tucked away somewhere out of sight. Those who do and have this figure should be happy though, all faults aside.
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183177)
Posted by jON3.0 on February 16th, 2011 @ 10:42pm CST
Did you glue those leg panels and guns down? Cuz mine won't hold them for crap.
Re: Exclusive New Gallery: Behold, Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1183185)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 16th, 2011 @ 11:11pm CST
Naked Magnus wrote:When my MP-09 is transformed into Hot Rod, I display him next to my MP-04 Optimus and the scale is near perfect. When my MP-09 is transformed into Rodimus, I display him next to my iGear Faith Leader Optimus prime and the scale is pretty darn good. Faith Leader should be a tad taller to make him the same height as Rodimus. But it actually works well that way because you would think the new leader would be a bit bigger and stronger than the previous one.

In The Headmasters anime, when Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime again, he and Optimus teamed up to fight Galvatron together. Optimus then had to sacrifice himself to stabilize Vector Sigma, and this time, Rodimus was a much more capable leader than he was before. It was Rodimus who then passed the torch of leadership onto the next leader Fortress when Rodimus had to leave.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus + Shockwave 6 figures included" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY