Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder

Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 10:51pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 13,645

BigBadToyStore.com is now taking pre-orders for Spike & Daniel in Exo-Suits created by ImpossibleToys. The set is listed at $69.99 and is scheduled to arrive in the first quarter of 2009.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

Click here to learn more.

Credit(s): BBTS, DavidT

Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820078)
Posted by Bumblebeast on October 22nd, 2008 @ 11:54pm CDT
Okay, who was the funny guy who asked for this ?
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820081)
Posted by D-340 on October 23rd, 2008 @ 12:01am CDT
Wow, those suck.
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820086)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 23rd, 2008 @ 12:08am CDT
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820114)
Posted by astrobard on October 23rd, 2008 @ 1:13am CDT
DavidT wrote:.

Not quite sure whats going on with the Alt. mode but I wished they would transform into the vehicle mode like in the animated movie.

these are from tf headmaster.
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820135)
Posted by Buttz on October 23rd, 2008 @ 2:37am CDT
This is truly awful. Just awful.
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820136)
Posted by payload on October 23rd, 2008 @ 3:04am CDT
Don't care for this at all, not at all!!! ( Yuck ) Thats's just my opinion :P
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820140)
Posted by Nickolai on October 23rd, 2008 @ 3:19am CDT
They're asking $70 for this?! THE GNOCCHIS ON THESE GOOMBAS! Fat Tony, it's off too Asia with you. Pack your 'violin'.
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820159)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 23rd, 2008 @ 5:47am CDT
I thought their hair was a little darker than that.
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820165)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 23rd, 2008 @ 6:00am CDT

Hell, I can buy MP Megatron on sale right now at this price.
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820168)
Posted by Bonger on October 23rd, 2008 @ 6:13am CDT
Ok, I think I am one of the aforementioned super collectors. I have always wanted this set. I think I was 7 years old in TRU looking for a Spike and Daniel in exo suits. No joke.

Furthermore, I do ok for myself and can certainly afford the price. However, I hate feeling ripped off. I think 70 bucks for this set will leave me feeling like I just got bent over by some guys in New Zealand.

I am very conflicted. I really want these, but I don't think they are worth more than MAX, MAAAAX, 50 bucks. These aren't exactly huge or overly complicated. The aforementioned 15 each price sounds much more apprpriate to me.
Damn it, I'm probably gonna end up ordering these eventualy, but I'm always going to be sore about this rip off. Too bad I probably won't be able to resist. :sad:
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820172)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 23rd, 2008 @ 6:22am CDT
You know, one last thought here. IMO, custom retail pieces should do one of two things: add value to an existing figure or two, fill a void for a piece that's in demand. We can all think of examples of cases where products have done one or both of these things: the City Commander set, MP SS's corination set, the upcoming MP Roller-the list goes on and on. People actually want these add-ons and are willing to pay an appropriate/fair price for them.

Do any of these Impossible Toys figurines do that???

They look like the Homies you'd get for 25 cents out of a gumball machine or Smurfs from the 80s.

I know I'm being harsh here but in today's economy, I would expect companies to do a little more research on what people actually WANT to buy, produce that product, and then price it APPROPRIATELY!
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820210)
Posted by Covenant on October 23rd, 2008 @ 8:01am CDT
0ptimus__Prime wrote:Impossible toys wants impossible prices.

THIS. The price for such a set is re-gawddamn-diculous. Especially since the bodies look out of proportion and the 'alt mode' is laughable. I mean...

DevastaTTor wrote:I give Impossible Toys credit for trying to fill some sort of gap for those super collectors out there but these and the Animated characters are just plain worthless. If they were 15 dollars a piece, I could almost see some people-not me-stepping up to the plate and buying these. But SEVENTY dollars-that's crazy talk. No way these are worth the price of the City Commander set.

Hell, I can buy MP Megatron on sale right now at this price.

...every bit of that is true.

Honestly? I don't care for Daniel. I liked him a better when I was a kid and my family was calling me by my middle name, the same - "Daniel", and a grown Spike I'd totally dig having as a figure among the collection, especially in a transforming exo-suit, but all that there is a very low level like. Seriously, if you have enough money to blow the asking price on that crap set, I'm happy that a fellow fan is doing so well in this economy but quite frankly you've got waaaaay too much cash to throw away on sub-par customs.

If the proportions were better, they had decent alt modes, the price was around fifteen or twenty, there wasn't any other TF figures I wanted at the time, all the bills were paid, my gas tank was full, and I'd taken the family out for a dinner, I might consider the purchase. But this? Pft. :roll:

I just don't buy at all those figures cost so much to produce. And I understand they wish to make money, especially right now, but the recession is here and settling in so if they actually wish to make money they need to work on their products, get their process down on cost, lower prices - again, especially right now, and hope to make cash, because here lately its been a cointoss for "WIN!" and "FAIL!" on their products, and the "WIN!"s I still can't even afford.
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820212)
Posted by ThunderThruster on October 23rd, 2008 @ 8:05am CDT
TBH, they look far below sub-standarded, i wouldnt even pay %! bucks on them!
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820222)
Posted by Kryptikore on October 23rd, 2008 @ 8:23am CDT
WOW thats high priced crap! I give credit for them being made, but sigh why couldn't they just make spike and not daniel or at least swap heads. That price is rediculous!
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820227)
Posted by JTKranix on October 23rd, 2008 @ 8:35am CDT
I think I perfer my Daniel w/ Exo Suit PVC. He doesn't transform but he looks pretty damn good next to classics Rodimus.
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820232)
Posted by Covenant on October 23rd, 2008 @ 9:01am CDT
Very true.
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820235)
Posted by Starscream6 on October 23rd, 2008 @ 9:02am CDT
whore-ible
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820249)
Posted by wardamnpjm1 on October 23rd, 2008 @ 9:37am CDT
LOL this has to be the most laughable thing I have ever read.How long before these go on clearance in a big way......I say 60 days and they are 19.99 any takers?LOL......LOL.......LOL..... :shock:
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820269)
Posted by Optimist_Prime on October 23rd, 2008 @ 10:05am CDT
I'd pay about $5 - $10 bucks for those piss poor displays of engineering.
Re: Exo-Suit Spike & Daniel - BBTS PreOrder (820342)
Posted by Randomus_Prime on October 23rd, 2008 @ 11:46am CDT
D-340 wrote:Wow, those suck.

Couldn't say it much better than that. ;;)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Impactor+Earthrise Micromaster Astro Squad" on EBAY