Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster

Transformers News: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster

Monday, April 26th, 2010 9:12PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 37,781

HKTF member L-U hooks us up with a gallery featuring Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster. From the shots, we get a bird's eye view of the Decepticon that will be released in the next few months. Check out Smolder and Chopster below!

You can find the rest of the gallery here.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Blurrz
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068378)
Posted by jgilkinson on April 26th, 2010 @ 9:20pm CDT
I always loved the idea of cons having rescue alt forms and like the con symbol w the little flames on it. Cant wait for this set
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068383)
Posted by Rated X on April 26th, 2010 @ 9:45pm CDT

And the only reason Barricade was cool cause he was painted Black giving him an evil touch. :twisted:
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068385)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on April 26th, 2010 @ 9:53pm CDT
I'm buying all of these. How very very cool.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068391)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 26th, 2010 @ 10:09pm CDT
This is probably this best looking PCC we've seen so far in my opinion. I'm liking the clear plastic minicons more now. I just wish the combining ports weren't light blue... #-o
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068395)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on April 26th, 2010 @ 10:46pm CDT
What a dynamic figure!
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068400)
Posted by Kibble on April 26th, 2010 @ 11:07pm CDT
That's disappointing...
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068402)
Posted by First-Aid on April 26th, 2010 @ 11:12pm CDT
Impressive poseability. Is anyone else getting an almost samurai-ish feel from this fig, especially the head? I like it. Very much. Looking forward to this line more now.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068407)
Posted by Tirade on April 26th, 2010 @ 11:38pm CDT
Kibble wrote:Image
That's disappointing...

What's disappointing? The back area where you can see the head? Honestly, I've seen worse (looking at Cybertron Red Alert). For a scout sized figure, it's fine. I'm actually very excited about Smolder's potential. Plus I love me some mini-cons.

About the only thing I don't like are the blue colored connectors. They don't blend well with the rest of the figure.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068408)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on April 26th, 2010 @ 11:50pm CDT
Trying to decide whether to do to Chopster what I did to a bunch of my Energon weapons recently - spray him down with black primer.

Rated X wrote:Im not feeling a Decepticon as a "good guy" vechicle. It might be a neat way to hide from the Autobots or spy. But how does a fire truck help futher the Decepticon cause ??? Seriously, who is he going to save ???

I just keep thinking of one of Methusalen's Heavy Metal War characters from back in the day:

Name: Firetruck
Allegiance: Decepticon
Function: Rescue Worker
Alt-mode: Fire Truck
Primary Weapon: Liquid Frozian Fire Suppressant

Motto: “Woo-Woo-Woo! Honk! Honk!”

Decepticons often have a hard time finding medics and rescue workers, as their general philosophy tends to discourage such altruism. Because of this, Hellfyre Inc. was only too happy to embrace and nurture Burnout’s mental breakdown.

Burnout was a promising young graduate student at the Decepticon Military Academy on Char, studying in Pyrotechnic Demolition. By his seventh year at the academy, he was only three credit hours away his masters, but a flat tire on the way to the academy from his dorm, caused him to miss his last final. Well known for being harsh, the administration failed Burnout, revoking all his credit hours, blacklisting him from the school, and refusing to buy back his text-books.

Burnout cracked. No one knows why exactly, but after two years as a babbling mess, he came to believe he was a terrestrial fire truck. He began running to and fro, screaming at the top of his lungs, while rescuing bots, cons, and, well, everything. He even pulled Ravage out of a tree (much to Ravage’s protestations). He ceased to acknowledge the name Burnout, and only responded to being called Firetruck.

Methusalen took advantage of Firetruck’s peculiar mental state, and reprogrammed Firetruck’s onboard “Friend or Foe” Computer to recognize Autobots as fires. He then filled the confused con’s water tanks with liquid Frozian, and unleashed him.

Firetruck now careens about the battlefield, spraying Autobots and fires alike with his ultra-low temperature fire suppressant, smashing through building with his arm mounted fire axe, and performing field repairs on damaged Decepticons with his built in surgical X-Ray laser and newly installed medical protocols package.

Abilities: Suppressed knowledge of pyrotechnics and arson makes the subject a gifted firefighter. Upgrades provided by Methusalen make him an effective combat medic. His Liquid Frozian fire suppressant is able to retard the flow of energy through enemy circuits, slowing them down, and fractures most forms of light armor easily. The fire suppressant can be lethal to Autobots who are poorly sealed or who already have open wounds. Fire-axe makes for an effective melee weapon, though he has no formal training in its use.

Weaknesses: Subject is almost impossible to reason with, minimizing his tactical effectiveness, and occasionally making him a liability.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068411)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 27th, 2010 @ 1:58am CDT
Looking good, can't wait to see more of these guys.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068419)
Posted by Mykltron on April 27th, 2010 @ 3:37am CDT

No-one. He's a firetruck. He starts the fires and sits back with some marshmallows on a stick.

I'm far more interested in the 2-packs than the 5-packs.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068433)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 27th, 2010 @ 5:31am CDT
I'm liking this guy. For a scout sized figure he's pretty impressive. I don't really like the blue connector ports but whatev.
:BOT:
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068439)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 27th, 2010 @ 6:18am CDT
He looks like he can hide his connector ports in his bot-mode.

I love this figure.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068445)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on April 27th, 2010 @ 6:37am CDT
I can't wait, and I hope we got tons of Minicons.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068451)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 27th, 2010 @ 7:04am CDT
Nice to finally get a sense of scale for these guys.

I'm getting psyched for Power Core Combiners!
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068459)
Posted by munkimus prime on April 27th, 2010 @ 7:23am CDT
I wasn't to sure to begin with but now I've been sold. Bring them on I say. :grin:
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068464)
Posted by DevastaTTor on April 27th, 2010 @ 7:38am CDT
Got to admit, it's growing on me. If I had the space, I'd condsider it. If my sons were older, I'd get it for them for sure. They'd be all over it.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068470)
Posted by Stockade on April 27th, 2010 @ 7:46am CDT
I'm still on the fence about these guys. Just not feeling it and i wish hasbro would have colored the blue pegs or combining points the same color as the figure, then i think it would have looked abit better.

Verdict: I'll wait until i see them in person and then my decision will be made.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068478)
Posted by --B-- on April 27th, 2010 @ 8:19am CDT
Decepticon bases have fires too, so someone has to put those out. I doubt even the crazy version of Galvatron would let most of the base be destroyed just cause there is a fire and NO ONE was able to put them out.
Re: Extensive Gallery of Power Core Combiners Smolder with Chopster (1068485)
Posted by heltskelt on April 27th, 2010 @ 8:58am CDT
Tirade wrote:
Kibble wrote:Image
That's disappointing...

What's disappointing? That Hasbro didn't make this a better figure by hiding the robot parts. This is not a scout size figure, as a PCC leader, it is slightly smaller that deluxe. After many excellent scout and deluxe figures, it IS disappointing to get a figure with a gaping hole on the back. Also, I really dislike how the connectors disrupt the robot mode, and on top of that, Hasbro decided to highlight the extrusions with that clashing baby-blue. :roll:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Arcee 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Cyberverse Legion Breakdown Complete RID" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Bulkhead 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BREAKDOWN COMPLETE, Cyberverse Legion 2012" on EBAY
Buy "PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS "HIGH TIDE" 3 1/2" ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME & FUSION MACE MEGATRON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Launcher Trailer - Optimus Prime Brand NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow" on EBAY