Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron

Transformers News: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron

Friday, August 6th, 2010 9:47PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 47,122

Over the past few years, Megatron toys haven't exactly been the cream of the crop. That might change soon however, as the Dark Energon wielder and master of the War For Cybertron Decepticons is about to get a figure in the Generations toyline. A Wave Two release, Cybertronian Megatron has already been released in Malaysia, and with that Seibertron.com member Meister79 was able to snag the figure. He's taken numerous photos of the figure, we'll mirror some below, while the rest can be seen in our forums!

Seibertron.com Image
Seibertron.com Image
Seibertron.com Image
Seibertron.com Image
Seibertron.com Image
Seibertron.com Image

As always, keep your crosshairs locked on Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Meister79

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1109983)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on August 6th, 2010 @ 9:53pm CDT
Looks real nice. Can't wait to get him.
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1109985)
Posted by NitroPrime on August 6th, 2010 @ 9:58pm CDT
This guy gets just about everything right

1. he accomplishes a screen accurate bot and vehicle mode
2. he has a deceptive transformation...it hits that sweet spot where its really simple but it has some intresting points in the process
3. it has a freaking big gun

the only problem is the grey...I'm not sure how good it is in person but in pictures and video it just seems a little to light

still, I'm not getting him

why?

because my brother is getting him and since I'm older, I'm entitled to play with any of his TFs whenever I want to :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1109986)
Posted by Meister79 on August 6th, 2010 @ 10:00pm CDT
Tyrannotaur wrote:He looks awesome. I love that he has a hover mode. I was kinda disappointed that Optimus and Bumblebee didn't have one. He also looks awesome on that War Within stand.

Can he hold Optimus or Bumblebee's guns at all? I'm pretty sure neither of the autobots can hold the fusion cannon since you said it kinda latches on.

All hail Megatron :CON:

Unfortunately, he can't hold other figure's guns.
He lacks the standard 5mm hole in the fists, due to the fact that his fingers are molded in a half pointing position, with his index and middle finger pointing out.
Actually, this is part of his transformation. His index and middle fingers are together and his ring and little fingers are molded together. When he transforms to tank mode, his fist actually splits apart.
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1109988)
Posted by LiKwid on August 6th, 2010 @ 10:20pm CDT
I'm buying a few of this guy when I see him..The repaint possibilities are endless!
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1109999)
Posted by DeadlockisDead77 on August 6th, 2010 @ 10:57pm CDT
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110000)
Posted by Editor on August 6th, 2010 @ 10:59pm CDT
Honestly wasn't even concerned with this figure, but it's looking pretty sweet.

May get one after all.
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110011)
Posted by Blurrz on August 6th, 2010 @ 11:51pm CDT
DeadlockisDead77 wrote:Anyone know when he's supposed to come out at retail? Also, is Blurr part of wave 2? Because I got the Drift version and LOVE him and the Blurr mold will probably be great to. :???: :BOT: :CON:

I'm Wave 4.
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110030)
Posted by Mykltron on August 7th, 2010 @ 4:31am CDT
Meister79, can you tell me if he has a bicep swivel please? He looks great but I can't quite work out if he has this vital feature!
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110032)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 7th, 2010 @ 4:36am CDT
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110041)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 7th, 2010 @ 5:05am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'm probably going to get one. Too bad there won't be a leader class...or will there?

No. Generations is a Legends and Deluxe Class line, only. Hasbro's confirmed this several times.
They said it gives them more freedom to design while keeping the costs low. It's much easier to design for those size classes anyway. The larger they are, the more complex they must be.
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110048)
Posted by steve2275 on August 7th, 2010 @ 5:50am CDT
sweet
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110052)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 7th, 2010 @ 6:11am CDT
That is one sweet bot mode. I really don't like the alt though. But that is one sweet bot mode!
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110067)
Posted by Warbreaker on August 7th, 2010 @ 7:34am CDT
WFC Megatron and Darkmount? Released? In M'sia no less?

The hunt is on. (for the figures as well as the titanium stand misplaced somewhere in my room)
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110075)
Posted by feeiq90 on August 7th, 2010 @ 8:24am CDT
dear meister,where did u find this guy??i live in KL,near one utama...
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110078)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 7th, 2010 @ 8:32am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

Thought so. :( Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110090)
Posted by autobot-jolt on August 7th, 2010 @ 9:00am CDT
Megatron looks amazing. I'll be picking up all of Wave 2. We've seen Straxus, now what about WFC Soundwave?
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110094)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 7th, 2010 @ 9:25am CDT
Arrrraaaghgh! I wasn't going to get him, but now looking at those pics. Just...can't...help it
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110121)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 7th, 2010 @ 11:09am CDT
At first, I thought they were the original characters, and if they were, I was gonna pass, as I already have the Classics Deluxe-scale Prime and Megs. But now that I know they are new characters, they're a definite buy for me, especially Megatron. He's one hell of a sharpshooter in WFC, of I do say so myself. :lol: ;)
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110134)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on August 7th, 2010 @ 11:48am CDT
This looks awesome. I definitely hope to pick him up alongside Prime and Bumblebee. Generations is shaping up to be a great line. Aside from retools and redecos, I haven't seen one figure yet that I wouldn't consider buying.
Re: Extensive Look at Generations Cybertronian Megatron (1110207)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on August 7th, 2010 @ 3:42pm CDT
Looks awesome. :x can't wait to get him. Ugh, and i didn't want the WFC toys in the first place! :sad: :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return TR Astrotrain 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee & Blazemaster NIP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hasbro Generations 30th Universe Deluxe Voyager BLITZWING Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers ASTROTRAIN Gen 1 with box and accessories G1 Hasbro 1985" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Voyager Class Brainstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Blurr w/cardback and instructions" on EBAY